• Brand new CM!

Fantasmic Seating...

So whenever i go to Disneyland i always make it a point to catch Fantasmic but i never get good seating without sitting down like 3 hours before show time. I noticed from time to time that some people leave there blankets on the floor to save their seating right in the front. I never had the nerve to do that. So i was wondering....has anyone here done that? Or do you have any tips as to how to get good seats?
    I Donald Duck!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: FaNtAsMiC sEaTiNg....

wHY dId yoU maKE yOUr tHrEaD tiTLe lOOk lIkE tHiS??

• I'm not really here

We have never waited longer than 45 minutes for Fantasmic! and we get decent seats each time. When they are doing 2 shows, we wait over at the entrance to the ROA during the fireworks in order to be at the front of the group they allow in once the fireworks are over. You can get absolute front row if you do that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

This comes up from time to time, but worth repeating... if you go down in front of the priority seating and find the vent that blows a ton of air out over the sidewalk... on a cold night, it's even better because the vent isn't that warm, so the area in front of it stays pretty empty. Don't sit directly in front of it, but as close to the water as you can. People will come and sit behind you, then leave cause they can't take the air... but as the show gets closer, you will be blocked by the people who DO stay in spite of the wind... you have a great place close to the water, and no wind. The downside is, until people DO sit behind you, you have to put up with gale force winds.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    LOL, , silly Onut, you are a nut!!

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett_3184 View Post
    So whenever i go to Disneyland i always make it a point to catch Fantasmic but i never get good seating without sitting down like 3 hours before show time. I noticed from time to time that some people leave there blankets on the floor to save their seating right in the front. I never had the nerve to do that. So i was wondering....has anyone here done that? Or do you have any tips as to how to get good seats?
    People are not suppose to leave their stuff unattended. They should have at least one person to watch the spot, or else, it will be moved. They start staking their territory around 5, 4 hours before showtime. I have NEVER ever done that. I have my "secret" viewing spot. If you "Stick with me, then you'll see the show of pure imagination!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    some people do this.it annoys me even more.i don't know why.but it does.capitalization and spacing.not everyone's strong point.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

People who leave their stuff are ignorant if you ask me - it's really rude, if you want a seat so bad sit there yourself! I've never done this...for good seats you can get special seating for a price.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Time Lord

Leaving your stuff out like that is pretty tacky. Some people have no shame...wait a minute... maybe I shouldn't be talking.
    "Into the Void. HA!" - The Doctor

• Brand new CM!

Seems like i should look for these "secret" spots or try to find my own
    There have been times i lined up outside of ROA after the fireworks but got pushed and shoved and even fell when they let us in! Duh! Some people are nuts!

Also, sorry if my title capitalization annoyed some of you. Just a habit i've had for years....won't do it again.
    I Donald Duck!

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Personally I think the best seat for Fantasmic! is in the Cove Bar, but that's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Personally I think the best seat for Fantasmic! is in the Cove Bar, but that's me.
    Tough to argue. Those long island iced teas provide some imagination huh?

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

Last time my family and I hung out in New Orleans Square, grabbing some food and looking in the stores while the first showing of fantasmic ended, then after the crowds cleared out we made our way to the front row, we had to wait about 45 minutes, but since there was a group of us it wasn't so bad.
    Christina

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

I was there Sunday night and here is what I did. I watched the fireworks from in front of the castle. I was standing right near the rail of the hub dead center across from the castle. As soon as they were over, I walked thru adventureland entrance with everyone else. I went up around the BTMRR fastpass area, and joined the crowd waiting for the rope drop right infront of the Mark Twain entrance. When they dropped the rope, I walked down along the ROA and when I got to the bridge just past the pirates entrance, I turned left, and go me a spot right on the bridge against the rail. That bridge is the best viewing spot for Fantasmic bar none with the exception of the dream suite balcony. Second best spot and easily accessible is the rail right behind the stage manager control pannel. Forget the first show, and you will have no issue getting a good seat. If you dont mind missing the fireworks from in front of the castle, make your way into NOS durring the first Fantasmic show, and when it ends, grab a good spot. I have tried to figure out a way to get around the rope drop and get into NOS, but its impossible without going backstage.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: FaNtAsMiC sEaTiNg....

As others are say, go for the 2nd show. If you go over directly after the FW, you'll be able to get in one of the sitting sections by the water. If you wait by NOS during the FW, you'll be able to get right by the river itself after the first crowd leaves (through Adventureland unless something has changed). Since it will be about 9:45 at this time, your max wait is 45 min. While there's no hard rule, I think someone should stay with stuff to watch a spot. One person holding space for 3 would be cool, 1 holding space for 10 would not. Of course, going to the 2nd show means it's unnecessary.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• steven.

Re: Fantasmic Seating...

Many time I visit the park just to watch Fantasmic! and I don't really want to wait 3 hours, so my brother and I usually find a nice standing spot to the side of this vending stand right in front of the Haunted Mansion and it's usually always for the second show of the evening.

It's the stand closest to Haunted Manson/ Splash Mountain/etc.

It's on an elevated level so you don't have to worry about people's head or the giant camp of people sitting around you, which makes it a bit more relaxing and enjoyable.

I don't know if people would consider it the "best" view because it isn't center but for people like me, who have seen the show a million times, I really enjoy the clear view and it gets the job done.

Plus we usually only have to wait 15-20 minutes, 30 at most...but I' not sure how the wait at this spot works out for the busier days...maybe we've just been lucky the hundreds of times we've gone to see the show and gotten these spots, hahaha.

Again this is if you really don't want to wait and don't really mind the angle in which you view the show and don't mind waiting for the evening's second performance.

I don't think my description of the location was too great, maybe I'll take a picture of it to better clarify, hahaha.

Enjoy the show!
    i've got no strings.