My Star Tours idea (Exciting!!!)

Ok I have an awesome idea for Star Tours after hearing all this talk about it being refurbed.

Lets Begin!

Ok first of all, Star Tours would still be a tour with a robot or somebody else leading the tourists. But instead of having everyone traveling on one ship, each person can walk into a ship that can fit two. The ships would be located in a space dock or something with nice theming around it. Inside the ship, there is all crazy gizmos and such but the windows are actually 3d projectors circling the tourists for a very realistic feel. Tourists would have to use 3d goggles for the screens. The leader of the tour will say the ships are on a set course so no one will have to worry about driving. Then they lift off and the ship will rise and sway and turn in the direction of what the tourists see outside the window. Outside you window you'll see all the other ships around you, planets, comets rushing by you, and other beautiful scenery. Later, the tourist group gets in trouble and the leader tells them how to shoot the guns on the ship for safety but the person doesn't really have too that part is just for show. The tourist group escapes the battle and returns back to the space dock.

I think it would be awesome having your own ship, being able to shoot, and having 3d projectors around you would be awesome.

Maybe it seems better in my head but I think it still sounds awesome.

• Ooh boy!

Re: My Star Tours idea (Exciting!!!)

Sounds like the ride capacity would be brutally low.

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams View Post
    Sounds like the ride capacity would be brutally low.
    I am think about having a lot of dock station and a lot of ships in the dock. But yea it still does seem low.

Maybe 3 per ship.

I forget to mention. That I know Disney would never spend the money for this and that this thread is just for fun.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

If you have windows all around, you're going to have people throwing up in there! Eww!
    A signature should go here.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Sounds awesome, but unfeasible. More feasible would be to turn your idea into something like Midway Mania in outer space. Shoot Ti Fighters instead of popping balloons. That would be awfully similar to Buzz Lightyear across the way, though. Also sounds a lot like the original Star Wars video game, which was awesome.

(My personal hope is that the only change they make to Star Tours will be to replace the droid pilot with Jar Jar Binks! Oh yeah!)

• Senior Minion

Actually, I had a very simmilar idea for a way to add a part to the Peoplemover that would have a Star Wars shooter section within the ride. My concept was that this would be accomplished by a section where the ride vehicles, simmilar to TSMM, would pull up in front of screens, but these would be screens that would move at the same speed as the vehicles. This could be coordinated to allow this small section of track to essentially act like a long section of track, so that the vehicles would all be able to move through the ride at the same speed overall, if that makes sense. In this way I think you could have a pretty high capacity attraction and at least a taste of something simmilar to what you're describing and avoid capacity issues. (Though I believe you might need to reduce the overall capacity of the PM somewhat to make this work.)

I actually don't think your idea is at all something that Disney wouldn't spend money on though. Its got everything the Suits like actually. Its interactive, its based on a highly succesful franchise, (Though not Disney's own,) and it is what I think they would define as relavent. It seems to me to have all of the criteria WDC looks for when approving an attraction concept.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

This isn't supposed to be a shooter ride. The part with shooting is just for fun and scores wont even be calculated. In addition there would be 3 projectors one in the front window and 2 for the side windows. I think this ride would feel so realistic with everything being in 3d from the windows in your ship and the ship tilting in the directions in the way you are going.

By the way, the ship would look like X-Wings.

• Senior Minion

I can undertand why you wouldn't want it to just be a "shooter," but people do like those types of rides and Dis wants interactive, whether or not that's a good or bad thing. Conceptually I like the X-wing idea, but again as a practical matter, I don't know how you can really have space for guests to enter a vehicle that looks like an X-wing and have any kind of capacity for the ride. Maybe I'm not being creative enough to think of how you could accomplish this feel without litterally creating big X-wing vehicles, but I can't envision it.

Another idea that maybe could work is if in the queue you look like you've boarded on the Millenium Falcon and each "ride vehicle" could be a gunnery turret like the scene in the original movie. This might again go more in the "shooter" direction, but that's somewhat of a design choice that could be avoided, and I think it could work pretty well with the storyline that you suggested. Especially because this would explain why we aren't driving the vehicle. I also could see some fun audio effects being added with Han yelling out "Nice shot kid!" from behind you and Chewie growling and things like that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Time Lord

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    (My personal hope is that the only change they make to Star Tours will be to replace the droid pilot with Jar Jar Binks! Oh yeah!)
    Add on Boss Nass and you've got a hit, baby!!!
    "Into the Void. HA!" - The Doctor