• Missing an Angel

A CM Trip Report (Dream Home Review)

So I went to the Team center earlier this month to pick up my CM preview for the new Dream Home inside of Innoventions. My ticket was good for today May 28th at 13:00 or 1:00pm.

So I get there and all I can hear inside of the building is hammers, saws, drills, etc... So you can pretty much summon up this TR buy what I just told you.... Also, please note there will be spoilers so if you do not want to know anything about the new Dream Home, please do not read further.

There were a couple of CM's standing at the doorway dressed in soccer t-shirts. The CM that took me through told me the story about a boy in the family whos team had just won the soccer championship and they were going to Japan to celebrate. So then we go inside...

I'm going to be blunt with you folks. I would be surprised that this thing would be done by June 17th. Only one, (1!!!) room was completed, the Office. And still everything in that room wouldn't work right! It did have a huge flat panel TV that was rear projected. It didn't matter what part of the room you were in, the picture was very clear. One of the guys that plays the dad was in there and was showing me a few things. One of them things is the desk drawer. He showed me the contents of one drawer then walked away from the desk and told me to open it. It wouln't open. You see, every family member is going to be wearing a thing (I forgot what they called it) that when they walk into a room, that room will know which person it is and the room will react to how that person likes lighting, music, etc..... So basically, the dad has to be near the desk for the drawer to open.

Something that someone mentioned on Micechat was digital wallpaper. Thats going to be in the rooms. They were still testing it out when I was in there but it looked pretty cool. And it's not just wallpaper, the wallpaer can be trees blowing in the wind. Things of that nature.

In the little boys room will feature a storytime bedroom. The boys bed will be a pirate ship and for the sails it will be another digital screen. So they will basically show you how to tell a story in the room. And since it's a pirate room the story will be....drumroll please!......Peter Pan!
    The CM told me a few things that will happen in this room. Again, more saws and drills going on all around us! Above the door in the room is a doorchime. While the story of Peter Pan is being told there are going to be digital images of the story all over the room. Oh yeah, back to the doorchime. At one point durring the story when Tinkerbell is being talked about the doorchime will move like Tink just flew past it. Another thing she told me was, of course Peter always looking for his shadow. Well, at one point durring the demonstration the desk drawer will be opened and Peters shadow will go flying around the room.

There was so much contruction going on that the last thing she showed me was the teenage girls room. Again, when the teenage girl walks into to room it will fit her lifestyle. There is a mirror in the room (another thing that I was only told about because it wasn't working) that the girl can stand in front of and choose her outfit for the day. The mirror will let her know what the weather is going to be like so she can dress accordingly without even stepping outside.

Oh! One last thing before I bring this to a close. Of course I didn't see the final product because, once again, they were still working on it...
    The front of the house can be customized for the seasons or Holidays without having to decorate. Say it's Halloween, you just put the Halloween program on and the front of the house will have the decorations.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I'm sure the finished product will be pretty cool. It SOUNDS cools anyways.....

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: A CM Trip Report (Dream Home Review)

Wow! That sounds really cool... I can't wait till it's finished. I love technology and the advancements made in the name of making your day easier. Thanks for posting your review!!!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I need pictures!! (didn't you read O'nut's guide to a great TR?)
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• or CBF

Sounds great! I also need pics.

Where's the "this thread is worthless without pics" smiley when you need it?
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Pics would be awesome... but I would think Disney would put the kibosh on that quick style.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Circle of Ancients

When is the AP preview thing for this??? Is it this weekend?

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When is the AP preview thing for this??? Is it this weekend?
    No, it's June 17-22.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Banned User

It won't have a preview, technically. It's open exclusively to AP'ers early in the morning the day it opens and a few days after. It originally was going to have AP previews next week, but they didn't go through with it.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Now that future home sounds interesting! I'd actually sacrifice time in Innoventions to see this.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to find out my mass on the moon??

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

sounds like it'll be cool once it's finished. thanks for the preview!
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

I went this morning at 8 and was dissapointed to say the least, i figured it would have been more together.I would have liked to see it all up and running and not all blue screen of death in the kitchen.I doubt they will have it done by the 16th.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm really looking forward to seeing this. About time there is some Buzz in Tomorrowland that doens't include Zurg.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    Pics would be awesome... but I would think Disney would put the kibosh on that quick style.
    Exactly. I was the only person being led by the CM. Before we went in she reminded me no pics were allowed. It would have been impossible to take any pics. Sorry!

• 'splosions

i'm sure this violates the NDA somehow...