Going To Disneyland June 9th

Okay, so, I'm going to Disneyland (not California Adventure) on June 9th. How do you think the crowds will be? and what is that conference thing happening on that day, will it affect my time there?
    any help/tips/information would be great!!

Re: Going To Disneyland June 9th

also! what is the weather usually like in early June? shorts and a tank top/short sleeves or pants and a tank top/short sleeves? thanks

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Hi Welcome to Mice Chat!
    Early June is the start of summer so I can almost guarantee that it will start to be a little busier than normal. I'm not sure what the conference it about, but they might not be there for the park itself. Early June the weather is usually pretty nice, once again - it is the beginning of summer. According to weather.com the average for June 9th is: I'd say thats t-shirt and shorts with sandal weather, you can always go on Splash Mountain for a quick cool off. Somewhere around here is a thread about busiest times of the year to visit Disneyland, I'll try to find it.

Happy posting!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Keepin' it calsteady

Disneyland is open full hours on 6/9 (8a-12a) so they are obviously expecting big crowds. It's a little early for all-out summer vacation, but I'd guess it will be like a non-summer weekend. Get there early.

June weather in Southern California can vary from sunny/hot to cloudy/coolish. We call it June Gloom when the morning clouds never clear. Disneyland is farther inland, though, so maybe it clears up more than it does for us in San Diego.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Disneyland is open full hours on 6/9 (8a-12a) so they are obviously expecting big crowds. It's a little early for all-out summer vacation, but I'd guess it will be like a non-summer weekend. Get there early.

June weather in Southern California can vary from sunny/hot to cloudy/coolish. We call it June Gloom when the morning clouds never clear. Disneyland is farther inland, though, so maybe it clears up more than it does for us in San Diego.
    Lifelong Orange Countian here.
    Disneyland is only 10-15 miles inland. In early to mid June it can be overcast all day at DL but most often it is overcast until about 11am - noon and then clears up for a few hours. By 4pm the clouds start to roll back in and are accompanied with cool air blowing them in from the ocean.

I would definitely pack at least one pair of long pants and a shirt. You might even consider packing a lightweight jacket as evenings can get quite cool due to the late afternoon ocean breezes previously mentioned.

So in general it will be warm but not hot. But it can be cool too. So pack prepared for both.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

With the uncertain weather I would suggest layering - a tank top for when it gets hot, a t-shirt for the mild weather and a jacket for the night.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

thanks for all your input everyone! I have relatives about 30 mins from disneyland and am staying with them, but i don't really remember ever being there in early June.
    can anyone confirm or deny some things i've heard?
    - I've heard that the Disneyland railroad that goes around the whole park lets people board 15 mins before the park actually opens, is that true?

PretzelSouls good luck on your posting goals! :]

no more knowledge to share?
    how quick does the Finding Nemo ride fill up? - i want some input from someone who had gone recently please!!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dis_nay View Post
    I've heard that the Disneyland railroad that goes around the whole park lets people board 15 mins before the park actually opens, is that true?
    No one is allowed in the gates until the time that park opens i.e.: 8:30am or 10:00am, etc. so that would make riding the train ahead of time impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by dis_nay View Post
    no more knowledge to share?
    how quick does the Finding Nemo ride fill up? - i want some input from someone who had gone recently please!!
    The Finding Nemo ride queue fills up fairly quick as it's the newest ride at DL. The subs fit a fair amount of people, but it's a tight fit (think sardines with a couple extra centimeters). I would recommend getting in line in the morning or as the last attraction of the night.

Have a great trip!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.