Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: WHY DOES IT HAVE TO GO?????!!!!![Golden Dreams]

I've seen the movie once, and apart from the short scene with the railroad, did it perk my interest. Why? Because the train they filmed was the D&SNGRR, a railroad I used to work for when I lived in Colorado -- making it a pretty cool occuence during the movie.

Secondly, when I viewed the movie, it was me and about 12 other people. 12! The Tiki Room does ten times that, haha, and what they plan to put in its place should and probably will be a big spectacular attraction...
    Class of 2005...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Secondly, when I viewed the movie, it was me and about 12 other people. 12! The Tiki Room does ten times that, haha, and what they plan to put in its place should and probably will be a big spectacular attraction...
    It will be Little Mermaid of course! And you do bring a good point about Tiki Room doing much better business. There's disney magic in those enchanted tiki rooms. Golden Dreams is all about Whoopi popping up at all the weirdest spots and then telling us as we leave that she'll be watching.

I actually think it would have been better WITHOUT the stunt casting of Whoopi. And they should have had another movie in there. Kinda like when Circle Vision had America the Beautiful and The Wonders of China.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Golden Dreams is all about Whoopi popping up at all the weirdest spots and then telling us as we leave that she'll be watching.
    Isn't that characteristic of Whoopi in general?

...And they should have had another movie in there. Kinda like when Circle Vision had America the Beautiful and The Wonders of China.
    I like that idea.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    WHY DOES GOLDEN DREAMS HAVE TO GO??????
    Because it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    but I still love whoopie though.
    You may be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    i like the structure, but the film is not attraction worthy. Its more like an A&E special.
    A&E has more integrity than Golden Dreams could ever.. er... dream of.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

When does it go??? I mean I really only go in there when it's blazing hott outside and when my feet are killing me from walking around all day...But I'd like to see it one last time before it goes. I'll be there a lot this Summer...will it be open???
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Your son Chico?!

i think it is a great movie, but, like others, i share the sentiments that it does not belong in a theme park.
    i would actually buy it on dvd if it ever comes out.
    i suppose i will miss the creepy whoopie statues that talk at the beginning of the film.
    as well as the ending, it's always a tear jerker, but it sends a great message... very inspirational.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I will truly miss the air conditioning on a hot day. It was the PERFECT spot for a nap.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

I could care less. I have no respect for the America hating Whoopie Goldberg, so if it means her loosing out in some way, I say all the better.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I can happily say that I've never seen the movie, though I really want to see the inside of the theatre. The Palace of Fine Arts is my favorite hang out in The City and I really like seeing it recreated in DCA. Maybe they need to put in something a bit more themed... the story of California, while a good one, doesn't seem to be enough to capture guests' attention.

I hope you don't mourn the loss too long and are pleased with what replaces GD!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Now I kind of feel like I should have gone to see GD last time I was at the park...
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Progressive Disneylander

The attendance -- or the lack there of -- justifies the removal of Golden Dreams. Keeping something around for the sake of keeping it is not a good enough reason to retain the attraction no matter how much it makes sense to the theme of the park.

I don't hate it or anything. I believe I've only sat through it once -- although that was plenty enough for me. It's informative, but boring. Farewell Golden Dreams.

• Banned User

It was ok, but there were better things I could have done with my time while at the resort.

The only thing that distinguished it apart from any other movie you could see at the mall as far as the experience itself went, were the talking face things (that's the official name, btw) in the beginning and the end.

• The Bell Ringer

I will agree with most people that it should leave, if anything just because no one ever goes. The one time I went, it was a nice cool-off and my brother and I were the only ones in the theater. The creepy Whoopi statues were kinda amusing in a creepy sort of way, and I definitely appreciated the final montage of the film that showed both the good and the bad of California history (the LA Riots being featured being a big part of it). But very... un-Disney. Maybe Ariel and Flounder will do better?
    "'dognapping.' can you imagine such a thing? 'fifteen puppies stolen.' they are darling little things. anita and her... her bashful beethoven! PIPE AND ALL! oh, roger, you are a FOOL!"

• Dave

Blog Entries

Re: WHY DOES IT HAVE TO GO?????!!!!! [Golden Dreams]

When does the attraction enter Yesterland? I've never seen it and would like to before it is gone. What is the plot?
    Dave

• Future Imagineer!!

Re: WHY DOES IT HAVE TO GO?????!!!!! [Golden Dreams]

My sister and I didnt necessarily love it for its content.....we just had some unfounded love for it.....we we're kind of depressed that it was going....but i think we always thought of it as a lovable joke....everytime one of us would go to DCA we would take a picture on our phones and send it to the other person in a laughing manner....

but all that a side its true the numbers just didnt work out for them rationalizing keeping it around....thats what happens....hopefully the Little Mermaid ride will be awesome!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast