• "I Break Things"

Tuesday night Cruises

Ok.. so last night I decided, why not, and off we went after work. Our first stop was once again Jungle. That 3 shot (I will not explain whole story but it was a fiasco for the record books). 20 minutes standing around the front of the line and finally we got on. The previous evening I had ridden Jungle partially in hopes of seeing the changes, but I had ridden in the dark. This cruise was in daylight... and let's say the changes were noticeable. The Skip was nice enough to say "Indy" every other scene just in case no one knew what they were looking at. It really reminded me of Pirates.

Ironically Pirates was our next stop. Our 4 year old REALLY did not want to do Pirates. She wanted Pooh. Using my amazing negotiating skills I convinced here that 1 Pirates was worth 2 Pooh. So if she went on Pirates she would get 2 Poohs... it worked.

Pirates out of the way I made a quick command decision. I REALLY did not want to go on Pooh but I promised my little girl 2 rides. Haunted Mansion had a short line. My son is the only one who likes Mansion (ask anyone who was at the MC meet they can explain why the girls refuse to go on!). The girls obviously DO NOT want to go on Mansion. SO... my son and I went on Mansion, My wife took the girls to Pooh, I avoided Pooh but kept my promise because it took 2 rides before we were done on Mansion!

On the walk back we noticed that the Mark Twain was running. Night cruises on the Twain are a privilege not to be missed.

And some shots of the NOS lights

Halfway through the trip the C.K. Holiday made her rounds. Were it not for the modern clothes I honestly would have thought I had been transported to a century earlier! THAT was magical.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: Tuesday night Cruises

Next up was Jungle again, always need a night cruise.

This is the Congo... we have a history... this boat actually HATES me... plenty of stories about us breaking down and not agreeing with each other. So I respect her and included her in this report!

And this needs a bit of explaining. It is actually an Eyeore Halloween Costume that we have had since our oldest was a baby. It's very warm, and we didn't have a sleeper we liked, so...

• "I Break Things"

And we ended the night with a wonderful Tiki Show. No flashes...

As I have said before, for me an AP is the ability to spend time with the Family. We go often, but only for a couple hours, and in every case we have a lot of fun on only a few attractions.

Likely we will end up in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland pretty soon since we haven't been over there in a bit. Also we have yet to take them on TSI, or to ToonTown because both close early!

• Mrs. J. Depp

What a nice report. I MUST ride the Mark Twain at night! And I never would have known that was an Eeyore costume, it just looks like adorable baby pajamas. Babies can get away with wearing anything.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I love the Eeyore sleeper, just adorable! And it fits the Disney theme nicely!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

Your baby dressed in the Eeyore outfit was sooooo cute!! All your kids are beautiful!

• Circle of Ancients

That was awesome, you have an adorable family.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    As I have said before, for me an AP is the ability to spend time with the Family. We go often, but only for a couple hours, and in every case we have a lot of fun on only a few attractions.
    That's always been my thing too. Everybody always used to ask us how we could afford to/why we would go to Disneyland or other amusement parks so much. Once the AP's are paid for, you can go for a few hours and it doesn't cost much.

Go to a movie, your talking $40 for tickets, $20 for snacks and your sitting in a dark theatre for 2 hours. Disneyland, after AP is paid for, you can go all day, spend the same $60 and get 8+ hours of "Family" time. Your talking, joking, holding hands with your kids, and having a great time.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great TR and I did love the Eeyore sleeper. It's just too cute to only wear on Halloween

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That's always been my thing too. Everybody always used to ask us how we could afford to/why we would go to Disneyland or other amusement parks so much. Once the AP's are paid for, you can go for a few hours and it doesn't cost much.
    I know the passes will eventually pay for themselves, but we honestly do not have the time or energy to make all day trips. That's why you see all these mini reports. I basically get off work, and we go to Disneyland for the last couple hours and ride 3 or 4 rides and that's more then enough for the little ones. With a 2.5 year old and a Baby there needs to be "nap time" so 3, 4 possibly 5hrs max and we're good! I was explaining this to someone else earlier. When "adding up" the pass I am not looking at a per day charge. I am looking at a per "full day" charge because if we didn't have a pass then we'd be there at 730am and try to stay until they kicked us out! By my count all these "mini trips" have added up to around 3 days and counting!

Go to a movie, your talking $40 for tickets, $20 for snacks and your sitting in a dark theatre for 2 hours. Disneyland, after AP is paid for, you can go all day, spend the same $60 and get 8+ hours of "Family" time. Your talking, joking, holding hands with your kids, and having a great time.
    Here is the scary thing. The younger two we don't have to pay for, so 2 adult, 2 kids, that's $40 right there not counting ANY food or drinks. The kids like popcorn, and the whole microwave plastic bag tastes horrible to me so I will splurge on popcorn. Thankfully they have the combo... 2 large drinks and large popcorn for $14 (not bad actually when the popcorn is free refills and WE NEED THEM). You would be amazed at how much popcorn a 2.5 year old, 4 year old, and 5 year old can consume in the span of one movie! And that is not counting my wife and I!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Love the reports, techskip!

• Banned User

I always look forward to your reports! that family of yours is outstanding