Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb TOT line slow???

I don't know if it's just me but TOT (DCA) 's line moves so slow and the way it goes isn't really fair because sometimes the people behind you ride it before you. Also why doesn't TOT have a single rider line every time I've been on it there is atleast one empty seat.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Re: TOT line slow???

My opinion maybe theyre trying to make the line longer. Honestly DCA has no long lines. Usually if we see a long line we think..ooh wow that ride must be really good we should ride it. Or from my experience if the line to a club is long the club must be good. Yah know.. just my 02. cents as always. man i havent posted in a while.. to busy working.. ok maybe its VMK hahaha
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by XCLIPSE129
    My opinion maybe theyre trying to make the line longer. Honestly DCA has no long lines. Usually if we see a long line we think..ooh wow that ride must be really good we should ride it. Or from my experience if the line to a club is long the club must be good. Yah know.. just my 02. cents as always. man i havent posted in a while.. to busy working.. ok maybe its VMK hahaha
    This is quite true, it's a form of perceived value. Perceived value is the relative worth of something based on a consumer's point of view. Take for instance 2 cars that are identical but one is $20,000 and the other is $25,000. Which would most people choose? Probably the more expensive model because there is a perceived value there...this car costs more so it MUST be better.

Like XCLIPSE129, I believe this is the same principle behind the artificially inflated lines. People see others waiting in line so they figure this MUST be good if it has that many people waiting for it. Otherwise, with no lines and no one waiting for it people would figure it's a boring ride since no one seems to want to go on it. Also, I think that since there's not that many people going on the rides, they can shut down major chunks of a ride's capacity to save money. Although cost cutting is never a good thing, I'd rather the money be siphoned off by Disneyland than used to shave a few minutes off DCA's wait times.

This reminds me of a hilarious classic Simpsons episode where Bart and Lisa were waiting in an enormous line saying, "Wow, with a line this long this has to be good" and it pans over to the end of the line really fast and it turns out it was the complaints department! Ah, is there no aspect of social behavior that the Simpsons have not brilliantly touched upon.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 08-18-2005 at 10:18 PM.

• OM NOM NOM

Honestly, where would you put the Single Rider line without ruining the show?
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• white and nerdy

I don't really agree with what is being said in this thread. First off, I don't really see TOT's line as slow moving. I never use fast pass with it because, frankly even on busy days, I never wait more than 10 to 15 minutes. I guess perception is relative though.

As far as disney trying to inflate wait times to make the attraction appear more interesting.... Well... I think that just doesn't hold true in the theme park business. Where every other type of business it may be true that inflated prices or even waiting lists may make the product more appealing, when you are in a theme park the entire park IS your product. The way to make the product more appealing is to show off it's superiority rather than it's popularity. DCA doesn't want to say, "we are a popular theme park because we have long lines" they want to say "the over-all experience at DCA is fantastic"

ALSO: long lines in theme parks are an example of quality that disney cannot really fake short of sending though empty cars for a few hours just to hold up the line. If an attraction is loved by enough people, it will have a long wait time, if not, then it won't.

For example, When the Pooh ride opened, I remember waiting for several hours to ride it, and felt gyped when I did. Nowadays you don't have to wait more than 30 minutes. Splash mountian, however, has remained popular and has retained it's long wait time.

While this is obviously a over simplification of the matter, it is wise not to look at a ride in the same light as a car or purse or new set of pins.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

I used Fastpass once on it because we wanted to get over to Screamin' for one last ride before the park closed. (ToT had a 75 minute wait) When I went in June the ride had a 120 minute wait though the line wasn't even stretching out of the regular queue. Fastpass wasn't offered that day, or they ran out in 4 hours 31 minutes. When I went in July it had a "13" minute wait although we really waited about 20 minutes. When I do wait for it it has about a 45 minute wait, altough it was really 30.

• white and nerdy

well...I think we all know that the wait times listed on the front of attractions is a guess at best. TOT is never under 13 min, even if there is no line.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Disneyland Freak

They don't seem to count the most boring part of the queue in the wait time calculations...in the boiler room. The wait in the boiler room is so arduous it seems and the wait in the queue before boarding is really long too. The posted wait time always seems to reflect wait time to get into the library.

Also, line length is not always a good guage of wait times... it is my understanding that there are 6 loading stations (one lower level and one upper level loading station for each of the three shafts.) Obviously, if they are only loading the lower-level of two shafts then the wait time for the same amount of people in line during full operation (all six stations on all three shafts) will be almost 70% longer with only two stations running.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    They don't seem to count the most boring part of the queue in the wait time calculations...in the boiler room. The wait in the boiler room is so arduous it seems and the wait in the queue before boarding is really long too. The posted wait time always seems to reflect wait time to get into the library.

Also, line length is not always a good guage of wait times... it is my understanding that there are 6 loading stations (one lower level and one upper level loading station for each of the three shafts.) Obviously, if they are only loading the lower-level of two shafts then the wait time for the same amount of people in line during full operation (all six stations on all three shafts) will be almost 70% longer with only two stations running.
    Boiler Room boring? It is one of the most impressive and creepy queue areas I have ever seen. It is not included in the wait time, nor should it be. The ride experience starts when you enter the library, so as with all attractions that have preshows, the wait time is the wait until you enter the preshow. The boiler room is incredibly themed with very creepy audio, and an integral part of the story.

They adjust the number of elevators running to the wait time...they never really want the wait time below about 15 minutes (unless there simply aren't people riding), so they will have as many elevators running as it takes to get the wait to that level or higher, assuming crowds are enough (i.e. your wait may be 20 minutes, and you note that only 3 elevators are running, but they won't increase it to running all 6 elevators to cut your wait in half). Perceived value is everything, and Disney does this all the time.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Boiler Room boring? It is one of the most impressive and creepy queue areas I have ever seen. It is not included in the wait time, nor should it be. The ride experience starts when you enter the library, so as with all attractions that have preshows, the wait time is the wait until you enter the preshow. The boiler room is incredibly themed with very creepy audio, and an integral part of the story.
    I agree. I'm usually shuffled through too quickly to see the various tchochkes from the various episodes (of which I'm a big fan). I haven't been upstairs, either.
    It's part of a Disney attraction (should not be referred to as "rides", IMO), the queue area is. Or at least it's supposed to be. This one was done right.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Animatronic

oh man, the upstairs in the boiler room is awesome, especially the part where there's a chalk outline of a door on the concrete wall and you hear "help me" come from the concrete!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    oh man, the upstairs in the boiler room is awesome, especially the part where there's a chalk outline of a door on the concrete wall and you hear "help me" come from the concrete!
    thanks for spoiling it!!!
    (Actually I knew about that. ButI'd like to see it.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• That's Hawt

I think my favorite part is the staticy radio where you can hear voices .... hehehe ...
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disneyland Freak

Creep and well-themed to be sure, but I find it insanely boring. I'd rather wait in the lobby, catch the library pre-show and beeline to the elevator. It's an awful long wait between "me becoming the star in tonight's episode" and me actually getting on the elevator.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Where's my dang wand?

Okay, I haven't been to DCA since TOT opened and you have now successfully creeped me out! I can't wait to go in December!!! (I know, you may ask, "What kind of Disney fan ARE you anyway?" "A broke one with three kids!" I reply.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast