Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Re: Toy Story Mania Review

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    So can someone describe the queue area in DCA version? I rode the DHS version few weeks ago and their queue there is indoor and themed to Andy's room with all the board games and such. What does the DCA version of queue looks like? thanks
    DCA's version is plain but looks awesome since it matches the look of the building. The queue is basically exposed. The inside of the ride though looks like Andy's toybox. The line goes right in front of Mr. Potato Head. I got to see him operate the last time I went on. He asked me if I wanted him to guess my "weight". I told him NO and he says he's going to anyway. He thinks for a minute then says "Ok, your wait is about 5-10 minutes" Mr. Potato Head is very awesome!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    He asked me if I wanted him to guess my "weight". I told him NO and he says he's going to anyway. He thinks for a minute then says "Ok, your wait is about 5-10 minutes" Mr. Potato Head is very awesome!!
    Although I find this funny and a cute answer, I could see someone that is self-conscience about their weight becoming flustered and upset when he said he was going to anyway. One of the first times I took my youngest daughter on Monsters, Roz noted that she wears glasses and wanted to know if she wanted to trade. This completely flustered her because she hadn't been wearing glasses that long, is the only one in the family that does and was still in that adjustment period. After that she would take her glasses off near the end of the ride just so Roz wouldn't say anything. She's over it now but it was akward having to explain to a 5 year old that Roz wasn't picking on her.

No one read me wrong on this, I'm not saying that Mr Potato Head shouldn't say this, and I'm a believer of get over it, life is too short. I just wanted to through it out there to see if anyone thinks that they might have to field complaints?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Although I find this funny and a cute answer, I could see someone that is self-conscience about their weight becoming flustered and upset when he said he was going to anyway. One of the first times I took my youngest daughter on Monsters, Roz noted that she wears glasses and wanted to know if she wanted to trade. This completely flustered her because she hadn't been wearing glasses that long, is the only one in the family that does and was still in that adjustment period. After that she would take her glasses off near the end of the ride just so Roz wouldn't say anything. She's over it now but it was akward having to explain to a 5 year old that Roz wasn't picking on her.

No one read me wrong on this, I'm not saying that Mr Potato Head shouldn't say this, and I'm a believer of get over it, life is too short. I just wanted to through it out there to see if anyone thinks that they might have to field complaints?
    I don't think so, because the joke carries over to the point where its not about weight its about the wait time. If enough people complained I guess it could be a problem, but maybe those people should go read the newspapers at the fake news stand across the way that talks about suicide! haha!
    Jeff Wayne

• Hello Dolly.

Glad to hear good things about the ride. Makes me happy because people were already hating on the ride before it opened and its nice to hear its an awsome ride from people who actually ridden it. Cant wait to ride it in August

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    From the people that have actually experienced the attraction, I've heard nothing but positive things about this ride. I can't wait to go myself!
    Same. I dont understand where the hate stems from.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post

Apparently you haven't seen me. I'm a short out of shape fat man (Much like Danny Devito but taller and much cuter). At first when I said no, I thought he was talking about my weight (Since carnival barkers call "Step up and let me guess your weight") but started busting out laughing when he guessed my WAIT. Can't find that offensive.
    PirateMunkee

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Apparently you haven't seen me. I'm a short out of shape fat man (Much like Danny Devito but taller and much cuter). At first when I said no, I thought he was talking about my weight (Since carnival barkers call "Step up and let me guess your weight") but started busting out laughing when he guessed my WAIT. Can't find that offensive.
    Actually we've even met that's what got me to thinking about it since I'm not exactly a body builder. That's what reminded me of my daughter's experience. You sound a lot like me, confortable with who you are and able to joke around. I think it's very funny, but there are many people that take offense to the smallest things.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

A question: What are the rankings?? I heard it is "Cat," "Bunny", and "Beaver." What else are there??

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    A question: What are the rankings?? I heard it is "Cat," "Bunny", and "Beaver." What else are there??
    Well if you want to call them rankings. They are supposed to be prizes.
    PirateMunkee

• Missing an Angel

I just took the kids on it today and they said it was better than Buzz.

• Still lost in Neverland

For those who have already ridden it, are the 3-D glasses you have to wear the Red/Blue version or polarized versions like you get in Bugs Life or HISTA?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I am betting that HISTA has one more attraction's 3D glasses to clean now.

i really like the queue area o the DCa version. It fits perfectly with the look that they are going for for the pier. Its a very traditional open air queue as seen in some of the old fashion rides in amusement parks.

I am glad they did not go with the very colorful look of the DHS version which required a more enclosed queue due to the weather in florida.

The added diferences in the queue and the set-up give both version there own identity

• 'splosions

i rode it about 4 different times today. and i must say, wow. just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    For those who have already ridden it, are the 3-D glasses you have to wear the Red/Blue version or polarized versions like you get in Bugs Life or HISTA?
    HISTA. Same exact glasses. The glasses get sent to HISTA to be cleaned.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast