Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Toy Story Mania Review

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Well if you want to call them rankings. They are supposed to be prizes.
    How are they suppose to be prizes?

At the end you are given your high score and presented with your midway game prize, hence the small animals. It is presented in 3D and when it pops out at you, you can shoot confetti with your gun to celebrate! You can also see the high scores of the day and month, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Led_Zep View Post
    HISTA. Same exact glasses. The glasses get sent to HISTA to be cleaned.
    There's a glasses cleaning facility at the ride for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    There's a glasses cleaning facility at the ride for this one.
    What do you mean? There isn't a glasses cleaning facility at TSMM. I'm not sure what you are referring to?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

Ah, that's it.
    Last edited by mrfantasmic; 06-06-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Ok, so I am a video game fanatic, and I love the TSMM ride and would have gone on many, many times yesterday for the CM preview. However, the 9 and 11 year old kids I went on with yesterday rode it once, immediately wanted to go again, but after we got off the 2nd time, they said thats enough and wanted to go to TOT. Then they did not even bring up riding again until much later in the evening when we were over at DL and it was to late. So, I guess you just have to be the gaming type to really enjoy this attraction.

Man...this is ever a great ride! WDI has really set the bar for these kinds of rides. All those hard years of planning and hard work have really paid off! Good job!!!

QUEUE/BOARDING AREA and CAR

The boarding area looks fantastic. I was able to get on the ride during the cast previews thanks to an old friend of mine who worked on Toy Story today. He used to work at buzz. Transfered to autopia, then space mountain, now Toy Story Mania.

I have to tell you, this ride kicks BLAB's butt. I rode BLAB after Toy Story...I was like "Is this a joke? Go to Toy Story Mania!"

Entering the ride, the seat is a bench with no cushioning. But who cares? You won't feel a thing because you'll be too engrossed in the ride.

The score screen is in the middle of the two guns. Each color coded to your own gun.

The gun itself is mounted onto the car has a string with a plastic ball on the end of it for grip. Pulling it back and "pushing" it back in is flawless. I tried it out and went as fast as I could...it seemed very durable.

You have lapbar restraints and the gun will come toward you when it is locked in.

Watch out when the CM pushes the green button. The cars move INSANELY fast. It is like a roller coaster on its own haha. That is part of the fun!

Overall, I was VERY VERY impressed. I could watch the boarding area all day if I wanted to.

Game Area

Transitioning from each game, the area was beautifully decorated. The music was awesome. The car speed itself is fun. Now...when there is a delay and if you are stuck on a game, the targets are worth nothing, but you can still shoot at them.

Now...the games were a heck of a lot of fun.

The first room consisted of a mini tutorial. Woody and Rex will help you out here. Woody will be on the left, Rex on the right. (for me anyways) You will use pies to learn the ropes of the gun. Be careful when if you hit the character. I hit rex accidentally and the cream from the pie was dripping all over him. He immediately used the target for cover. I pulled the string as fast as I could and the pies came out at the exact same rate. It was crazy. This ride is my Disney Dream ride.

I was very impressed with the interactivity with the characters. This stuff I dreamed of when I was a little kid. I never thought it would make it too reality. But Disney worked its magic and they made it happen!

The first game was consisted of eggs. With Ham being your host. The game is set on a farmland. Throwing eggs at targets worth from 100-2000. Should you miss... this is the best part...they will actually land in the background and stay there. The next game was throwing darts at balloons. The crazy part here, when the game is almost over, the screen just RAINS with balloons. I was laughing my head off...

Next game was breaking plates with baseballs. Green Soldier is your host here.
    It was so fun...breaking plates "I am NOT your mother! Now BREAK those plates!!!"

Next game did not win me over... Ring toss...this involves a little more strategy than craziness. The physics on the rings are just phenomemal. They mimic the real thing. But in time, I will come to like it.

Last game was Woody and Jessie Bullseye shooting. Your projectiles are rubber darts. Before this ends, this impressed me the most. The cars started MOVING and we could still shoot at the screens. Yes...screens. Your projectiles flawlessly move to the next screen. After that, you shoot mine carts for a while, then...the REALLY fun part.

The bonus round. Shoot your darts as FAST as you can at one target. 20 darts per point value... Starts at 500, then 1000, 2000. I got up to 2000 with .9 seconds to spare. I ended up with 118,800 and EJC got 95,300. I had an accuracy of 27%, EJC 33%.

We both agree that this ride is a LOT better than BLAB and we both have a new favourite ride on our list!!!

Boarding Area and Car Design: 10/10 Beautifully detailed. Stunning.
    Tutorial: 10/10 (So fun so shoot the character instead of the target!)
    Game Area Design: 10/10
    Egg Game: 10/10
    Balloon Game: 10/10

Ring Toss: 9/10
    Bullseye: 10/10
    Mine Carts: 10/10
    Bonus Round: 10/10

Overall rating: 9.5/10
    8/10 (EJC)

This ride...I will repeat myself....my DREAM ride...I never thought ANYONE can pull it off...but Disney did!!! Good job WDI!!! I will ride TSM over and OVER and OVER!!!!
    Last edited by BCC; 06-07-2008 at 01:26 PM.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I got to take the family today for the CM preview. We got there right at opening & it was already down. Mr. Potato Head was exposed, but not working. We came back to check on it after 30 minutes and they had just opened the queue (Mr. PH was now covered). I still haven't seen Mr. PH up and running in person, so that's something to look forward to.

The first time I went on today, the ride wasn't nearly as smooth as it had been when I went on during testing. The second time was OK, so maybe I just got a bum ride tram the first time.

I thought it was lots of fun and my son loved it. He was very eager to beat his score and get a higher "prize." (My score was worse this time out!)

I love the effects and looking for the Easter Eggs. It goes by so quickly that you have to go on several times just to take it all in.

My main gripe was that the water that shoots at you smelled funny during my second ride. Fishy...not good. It made me want to shower it off immediately!

Otherwise, we had a lot of fun and get to go back on Monday night for AP Previews! YAY!
    <o>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345