• Diva Extrodinaire

If You Could Build Your Own Disneyland...

What would you put in/take out?

Here are my ride ideas (post if you need elaborations on anything):

Adventureland

* Jungle Cruise Expedition
    * Timon and Pumbaa's Safari Through Africa
    * Indiana Jones and the Castle of Adventure
    * Aladdin's Magic Carpets
    * The Jungle Book

New Orleans Square

* Pirates Of the Carribean

* The Haunted Mansion
    * Ratatouille Catering Company
    * Dixie Landing

Critter Country

* Splash Mountain
    * Country Bear Jamboree
    * Poohs 100 Acre Woods (sub-land)
    o Blustery Umbrellas
    o Heffalump Slide
    o Spinning Honey
    o Topiary Garden

Treasure Island

* Treasure Island: Race to The Gold
    * Dig Site

Frontierland

* Golden Horseshoe Revue
    * Campfire Theatre
    * Frontierland Shooting Expo
    * Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    * Pocahontas Riverbend Journey

Fantasyland

* Enchanted
    * Sleeping Beauty
    * Cinderella: Dreams Come True
    * Peter Pan's Flight
    * Fantasyland Experience
    * Dumbo, The Flying Elephant
    * Storybookland Canal Boats
    * Matterhorn Bobsleds
    * it's a small world
    * Beauty and the Beast
    * Snow Castle
    * Villain Mountain

Mickey's Toontown

* Toontown Backlot Tour

• Mary Poppins
    • Mickey's House
    • Who Framed Roger Rabbit? The Ride
    • Minnie's House
    • Goofy's House
    • Donald's Boat

Tomorrowland

• 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
    • Autopia
    • Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters
    • Star Tours 2.0
    • Wall-E and ASIMO present the "Intergalactic Revue"
    • Space Mountain
    • Space Needle

Candyland

• Big Rock Candy Mountain
    • Maple Sugar Lagoon
    • The Adventures Of Willy Wonka
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: If You Could Build Your Own Disneyland...

All I would do is upgrade the dark rides, bring back the people mover and rocket rods then add more bathrooms lol.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Fancy that...

ok well the lands would be as follows..
    Main Street USA
    quaint like DL's mainstreet but with extra details and some more grand architecture in spots.

Adventureland

It would have a Jungle cruise configuration similar to HKDL's but with much more scenery.

The middle island would be a TSI in the jungle.

It would have Pirates with a wonderful fort entrance and be just as long and great as DL's version and maybe with those sword fighting pirates...oh! and no jack Sparrow plus a resteraunt in the lagoon at the beggining like DL's Blue Bayou

A new "Indiana Jones adventure" with a new story line and effects would appear here, and a mine cart ride similar to DLP's indy ride would be there but WAAAYYY better, Think...Expedition Everest...in the jungle(oh! and without a movie tie in)

Tiki room,...I guess

Frontierland

The central Icon being a re imagined Western River Expedition(basically think DLP's BTMRR but also with the Mark Davis' never made Western River Expedition fantastic dark ride on the same structure)

The River boats would be The Mark Twain and the Molly brown(ala DLP) there would also be several AA critters along the rivers edge with gags inspired by the "mine train through Natures Wonderland"

There would be a sub-land themed to New Orleans wich would hold a much updated Haunted mansion(not speaking negatively of the Haunted Mansion or anything, It IS my favorite attraction in DL) This sub land would also contain all the awesome architecture of DL's NOS and the many shops and yummy restraunts

BTW, there wll be no Splash mountian because it's thematicly innapropriate in this land and WRE will have a big drop at the end anyway
    Fantasyland

...With all the Architecture of DL's FL...
    all darkrides lengthened and made more magor attractions rather than just small dark rides...

Snow White(with the wishing well in the queue or by it to portray a more accurate setting for the queen to be peering at you from above the ride)

Pinnochio's daring Journey(a shopping/dining area near it and a restraunt INSIDE the ride...ala Pirates/blue bayou..and themed to Pinnochio's village

Peter Pan's Flight -The Neverland scenes should be in the DAY TIME.

Alice in Wonderland along with the "Alices Curious labrinth"(from DLP) and the teacups nearby to create a small Alice area

A Pooh ride like TDL's "Hunny Hunt"

Small World W/O Disney characters

there's more but I'm going to post this now, and give a break between ideas

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

First I would build it indoors somehow to control the climate and make it night longer as it is much cooler at night, before you freak out I mean recreate an artificial sky on the interior of the roof or dome surface with video projections, fiber optics etc to recreate whatever time of day night and weather with cool sunsets and starry nights etc and with simulated fireworks and on the outside of the dome cover it in solar cells of some type to power the whole place with rain water catch system to provide irrigation and gray water etc... this way it will always be a cool 75 degrees with nice breezes and no hot or cold or rainy days and no pollution with filtered air and extended artificial night hours.

As for the contents:

Main st:

Identical to late 60's period

Adventureland:

Same as now but prior to Tarzanization of tree house have it be the swiss robinson family version

New Orleans:

Same as 70's version with authentic NOS shops

Critter co:

Country bears instead of Pooh Pooh

River of A:

Put back keel boats and tom sawyer the way it was and burn the settlers cabin!

Frontierland:

go back to pre BTMRR so around late 60's version with Nature wonderland rail road ok you can update to todays standards but its way better than BTMRR and all can ride and enjoy it. bring back the stagecoach and mule rides and indian villiage just update it all.

Fantasyland:

Same as now but put back sky baskets!

Toontown: Deleted

Tomorrowland:

Basically the 1967 version is best. but add space mtn and update all with latest technology. but keep same rides and shows. update area with solar power and make autopias electric and riding thru a futuristic town, keep old non nemo sub ride but update a bit minus gooy sea serpent.

and thats all folks

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Banned User

My version would be the same as it is today except it would include:

America Sings

The old tomorrowland

MSEP

CBJ

Lion King Parade

Maybe the old space mountain?

And Splash Mountain with the original logs.

-Oh yeah, and everything would be real.

That's all I can think of for now.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post

Peter Pan's Flight -The Neverland scenes should be in the DAY TIME.

thatd be cool, but id be curious as to how you'd pull it off. any daytime effects (at least, any of those i can think of) would reveal the confines of the room as well as the overhead track and take away from the illusion of flying.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Fancy that...

thatd be cool, but id be curious as to how you'd pull it off. any daytime effects (at least, any of those i can think of) would reveal the confines of the room as well as the overhead track and take away from the illusion of flying
    didn't think of it that hard... It just bugs me that it dosn't look like it did in the film, having the contrast of night time london, and then daytime tropical looking island. I know It works as is, It isn't a huge pet peeve or anything like the other folks on this thread seem to be adjusting only the things that really bug them. I'd just like to fine tune the experience a bit

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Castles, castles and more castles with a dash of the original sub ride.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• 1375 miles away

Main Street would stay pretty much the same. Maybe less shopping and more dining choices. (I'm not much of a shopper.) Maybe throw in a beauty and barber shop. More characters roaming the streets.
    Castle would be more than a facade. Maybe a ride or restaurant.
    Fantasyland would be larger with upgraded and longer rides and some new ones thrown in. Fantasyland theatre would be converted back to having shows.
    Toontown would have more rides and less wasted space with shops that are actually open daily.
    Frontierland also, would have more rides.
    NOS could stay the same. Open the Fort back up on the island.
    Critter Country could bring back Country Bears and relocate Pooh towards Small World or Toontown.
    Adventureland could stay the same.
    Tommorrowland would overgo a major renovation. Innoventions would be first on the list to go.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-13

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Zero Blockout Dates

I'd keep the parks that we have now. The only things I would change are join DL to DCA. Pour a ton of maintenance/upkeep money into it. Pay better wages, revamp the current points system. Blow up the TDA building and fire all excess baggage associated with it. And have WED/WDI starting working on new attractions the caliber of the Japanese parks.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    didn't think of it that hard... It just bugs me that it dosn't look like it did in the film, having the contrast of night time london, and then daytime tropical looking island. I know It works as is, It isn't a huge pet peeve or anything like the other folks on this thread seem to be adjusting only the things that really bug them. I'd just like to fine tune the experience a bit

gotcha.

perhaps (since we are imagineering our own disneylands) there could be an outdoor segment (like alice) but in a more blocked off space (im thinking of something along the lines of the "hills" that surround the storybook land canal boats-limiting the view of the scenes to only those who ride the attraction. this would allow for the daytime scenes you're talking about (at least, during actual daytime hours). the only problem then would be the overhead track, but i'm sure imagineers could think of something...
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
    gotcha.

perhaps (since we are imagineering our own disneylands) there could be an outdoor segment (like alice) but in a more blocked off space (im thinking of something along the lines of the "hills" that surround the storybook land canal boats-limiting the view of the scenes to only those who ride the attraction. this would allow for the daytime scenes you're talking about (at least, during actual daytime hours). the only problem then would be the overhead track, but i'm sure imagineers could think of something...
    yeah, Maybe the whole track could be kind of updated to be more flat, OR they could have a smoke effect that blocks the view and looks like clouds...I they find out a way for the smoke to stay at the top and never float down...savvy?

• jeffrey

An elaborate Main Street, like The Magic Kingdom's. With old time people, some sort of horse stable in near the plaza, and a conservatory of plants. And then of course with all the rest of the stuff currently there. Of course a train would transfer guests around the park.

For Frontierland there would be two Riverboats, one with live music on it (both formal and Dixie tunes), canoes, and other boats. A stagecoach roller coaster called "Westward movement" or something along those lines. Thunder Mountain would be attatched to this. A revue show and a hoarseback riding excursion through the vast wilderness.
    An area adjacent to the land would be called Atlanta Square, with the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain. Also there would be a carriage ride around these lands, offering various ways to see Frontierland and Atlanta Square.

Adventureland would would have a large waterway with outriggers and a Pirate ship. Also Pirates of the Caribbean, a ride based on the jungle cruise, but serious (sorry people). And a type of interactive tiki room with a Hawaiian restaraunt attatched. A tree house themed to Swiss Family Robinson, and also a moutnain roller coaster themed to something Indian.

Fantasyland would be themed to Beauty and the Beast and have newer versions of dark rides, Small world would be at the end of the lamd, directly behind the castle. A Crousel, teacups (But with Mrs. Potts, not Alice). There would be a spectacular show with jousting, saber fighting, and dancing festivals nestled toward the north west area.

Finally Tomorrowland would of course have Space Mountain, Star Tours, but also a PLanetarium, with a cool show projected onto the ceiling, kinda a journey through the solar system, with stops on all the planets (Like a Soarin' over California type thing). There would somewort of people Mover, a hover car ride. Electic car autopia. and various exhibits on sustainable ways to preserve the planet in the future years.