Reconstituting the San Francisco that Was Destroyed in the Great Earthquake of 1906

The loss of the Palace of Fine Arts rotunda that the addition of The Little Mermaid implies reminded me of just how many opportunities the California park missed, and continues to miss.

A Gold Rush-era San Francisco would have been particularly appealing, especially since so much of the city was lost in the Great Earthquake of 1906.

Reconstituting lost history is one of the best aspects of the changes that have been proposed for D.C.A.'s entrance, and I'd very much like to see the park do more along these lines.

• Minion

Re: Reconstituting the San Francisco that Was Destroyed in the Great Earthquake of 19

While I don't like the idea of a park themed to California in California, focusing on California's lost history could be very interesting. The DCA we got was a park themed to the California of today; which is quite possibly the worst ever idea for a theme park.

It's a shame that DCA will likely never be a fully themed and fully immersive park like Disneyland. Instead it will likely remain a hodgepodge of random franchise based attractions. You know, kind of like the Universal Studios parks?

• "I Break Things"

Re: Reconstituting the San Francisco that Was Destroyed in the Great Earthquake of 19

Build a replica of the fountain, and mount a small plaque explaining what it is nearby. Leave that as a testament to the Great Earthquake. It is both a reminder of the past, and a beacon of hope since many many individuals gathered there in hopes of finding lost loved ones. I believe there are still a couple survivors left... but I know each year the city gathers at the fountain to remember what happened.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"