• Senior Minion

A Very Late Trip Report

Having spent the better part of my time in hospitals and ICU’s since coming back from our trip, I now have time to post a bit of a trip report. So here, in no uncertain order, things I think I like:

You know it’s going to be a fun trip when two out of three cats want to come with you:

We flew this time, and it was actually cheaper than driving. The Super Shuttle arrangement at SNA is very slick.

On boarding the shuttle, there was another family with a three-year-old boy. I waved, and he hid behind his dad. So I looked forward, and in my best Mickey voice (and those of you who know me know I have a great Mickey Mouse voice), said, “OK, Pluto, let’s go to Disneyland!”. The boy instantly lit up like a Christmas tree. It’s the little things that make a trip special, don’t you think?

The staff, both front desk and bell, at GCH is superb. Yes, it cost a small fortune to stay there, but it was, and is, worth every penny.

We spent much less time at DCA this trip than in previous visits, and I’m not entirely sure why that is—we missed a lot of attractions we normally have caught in the past. We did finally get to see the Monsters Inc ride, where Roz informed my wife I’d been making googly eyes at her.

We had perfect seats for the fireworks on our Saturday night (right at the top of the hub) and I was all set to take some dynamite pictures. Then they cancelled the show due to “high winds”. Oh, what might have been.

I finally got to do something I’ve wanted to do for a while, namely take some pictures around Town Square and stitch them together:

I shot mostly digital this time, and while I don’t have a digital SLR with the megapixels to compare to what I can get on film, the ease and convenience of being able to shoot a lot more pictures seems to make up for it. It’s also a lot cheaper—Kodak stock used to soar whenever I set foot in the park. I only took about 700 pictures this trip, about a hundred of the Electrical Parade.

I also got to do one thing I’ve longed to do: ride the Columbia. When I was about the Wolfette’s age, I was fascinated by wooden sailing ships, and finally, after many trips, I managed to catch it when it was running and take a ride around.

I still think this looks rather sad. They ought to bring these back

I got to introduce my wife to the culinary delights that are Dole Whips, and Monte Cristos. I could go for either one right now!

The Pixar Play Parade was nice, but it just doesn’t have the energy that was the Block Party Bash. I wish they had just “plussed” that parade rather than giving us this one.

For those who want to see the pictures of the Pixar Play Parade, they’re at

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...Play%20Parade/

I still like the Parade of Dreams, but will freely admit that it’s showing it’s age, and am looking forward to the new one.

I thought it was great that we have the subs back, and the technology used in Nemo is fantastically done. We were fortunate to be able to ride it twice without any great wait in line (thank you, Magic Mornings!)

I was surprised, given the success of “Ratatoulle”, that I only saw Remy in the parade, and here:

I thought for sure they would have some more merchandise from the film than I saw in the park.

It was great to finally get to the park on a Sunday afternoon and meet so many of you for the first time!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: A Very Late Trip Report

It was great finally meeting you Wotan. Glad you had a great trip and I sure hope you are feeling better.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Nice TR. Your cats are cute by the way.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• For You!

Riding the Columbia is still the one thing that I've never done at DLR. Great pictures - thanks!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

sorry to hear about yoru time in the hosptial, but glad you are feeling better! was nice meeting you last time we were at DLR!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Wotan it was great seeing your wife and you at the meet, and I'm so glad that you finally got out to have a great time at Disneyland - hopefully it is the first of many meets you will eventually make it down for.

• Senior Minion

One other thing I think I think that I had wanted to mention in the trip report...I've finally figured out why all the ODV stuff drives me insane--they remind me more of a carnival somewhere than an actual theme park, and represent some of the things they were trying to avoid when they built Disneyland in the first place. Sure, some sure are handy, but it's gone way, way too far.

There. I feel better now.

• Banned User

Nice pics, hope you have more and some of you and the misses !
    I am truly sorry you have been very ill, I do hope your fine now. Take care of your self

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    Nice pics, hope you have more and some of you and the misses !
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

This first picture is very special to me. I had my picture taken with Goofy at the New York World's Fair in 1964 with my brother, now deceased; and I will always look at this and remember that time:

And I love this picture. Mostly, because when you look closely at my wife, it has the perfect blend of total delight and utter terror!

I still have pictures from the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour and a few other places to go through...will post them when I do.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice Trip Report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Looks like you had fun! I hope you are feeling better!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau