New APer here. Best way into DLR for 1-2 hour quick trip?

First off, hello to everyone. This is my first post as I just joined the forum.

We go to Anaheim every weekend the Angels are in town as we have season tix (we sell weekday tix and just go weekends because we live 90 minutes away). Now that we have a 3-year old, we bought APs so we could take him to DLR as much as possible during those trips and during other weekends that we are dedicating just to DLR fun.

Generally, we just go on rides for the kid, no coaster or attraction in the world is more fun than going on one kiddie ride with him and watching him enjoy himself. Still, I would like to get up early in the morning, throw on some clothes and go hit the park first thing while the wife and kid sleep in so I can hit some rides that we don't go on when the kid is with us.

So what I would like are some tips to get into the park as quickly as possible to hit the rides during 'no-line' time.

My plan so far is:

Downtown Disney parking to the Monorail (or Grand California Hotel to go to DCA), hit the rides and then head out via Monorail and get out before the 3-hour time limit when they charge for parking.

Will that work well? Is there a better parking option? Does the Monorail make for a quick entrance into the park? Am I likely to get static going to DCA through the hotel? We used it once before with no grief.

• That's a lot of look.

Re: New APer here. Best way into DLR for 1-2 hour quick trip?

The Monorail seems to get slower whenever you need to hit a deadline. On crowded summer weekends, it's probably faster to walk back to DTD.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I like your plan but I agree with MissMonkey. The monorail is tough to trust if a time limit needs to be adhered to. Plus without anyone to slow you down you could walk from Main St. to where you need to go in about 8 minutes I'd guess.

Welcome to MiceChat!!!
    Last edited by aashee; 06-02-2008 at 09:06 AM.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Using mainly spoons you could tunnel under the fence and through the berm....ok never mind...stick with your plan, except as already said...walking to DTD will probably be just as fast if not faster than the monorail.

Oh yeah...WELCOME TO MICE CHAT!!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

I agree, the monorail will actually slow you down. Your best bet is to walk threw DTD.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The monorail can help but if there is a lot of people waiting walking through DTD is the fastest. But if there are not a lot of people at the monorail station then the monorail is the quickest.

The quikest way is to park in Timon. From my home in Newport it takes me 35 minutes to get to Main Street (inside the park) IF Timon is open. And that is a big if. If I go to Timon and they route us to the structure that will easily tack on an extra 10 - 20 minutes at least!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Monorail service has been undependable lately. However, once the new monorails are up and running, I'm sure that will all change.

If you are visiting for just an hour or two, then parking in Downtown Disney and walking to the front gate is probably your best bet.

Have fun and welcome to MiceChat!!!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

If I were you guys; I'd strongly suggest at least 1 PAP for the family and then just parking Mickey and Friends. I often took 4 hr trips to the parks during off-peak times and the trams are incredibly fast. My only suggestion is to split the group up for the tram ride to make things faster. I never waited for the 3rd tram to swing around; usually I would be able to catch the 1st or 2nd out out of the station.

• Rock Star Minion

Buy an annual parking pass (or buy one PAP, as was suggested).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

When I take a short trip, I park at DTD, walk by the Monorail, hop on if it's there, otherwise walk. Then when leaving, because I have to make the 3 hour time limit, I walk from Main Street, since I can accurately predict the walk time and can't predict the Monorail.