Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Hungry Bear ramp comment.

I wanted my TR to be positive so I did not include this bit in it. I am not sure if anyone who uses an ECV has encountered this problem, but the Hungry Bear ramp going to the bottom level is extremely narrow. In most cases it is only wide enough for one way traffic in either direction. If it was soley eating down there I wouldn't care, but this is the prime location of restrooms in CC! Sadly it appears they paid more attention to planters then they did to actual ramp design plans. I said something similar at City Hall, knowing it would not change anything, even if I did witness a "pile up" as individuals going either direction refused to give right of way. I am wondering if others have had similar experiences in other areas of the park?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Re: Hungry Bear ramp comment.

I haven't really in other areas, but I have on that very ramp before.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• no flash photography...

I haven't noticed, but speaking of pile ups maybe someone should put in a complaint about adventureland and the river front when fantasmic is playing.....DL is famous for it's pile ups and traffic jams...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I haven't noticed, but speaking of pile ups maybe someone should put in a complaint about adventureland and the river front when fantasmic is playing.....DL is famous for it's pile ups and traffic jams...
    With Fantasmic you simply avoid the area. With Adventureland you can go through Frontierland. With the CC Hungry Bear ramp you either fight your way down or you hold it until you get to New Orleans Square! While it is not of great issue to my family (kids can be removed from strollers) for those with ECV's I can see this being a nightmare.

• Knight that says Nee!!

I have never had a pile up issue on that ramp, but I did notice that it is not very wide.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

...just like virtually every other handicapped access point in DL, IMO--cramped and inconvenient. Why does the Hungry Bear stand out to you so graphically? Or is it just because you haven't seen it mentioned before in threads? I'm curious--not being snarky.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    ...just like virtually every other handicapped access point in DL, IMO--cramped and inconvenient. Why does the Hungry Bear stand out to you so graphically? Or is it just because you haven't seen it mentioned before in threads? I'm curious--not being snarky.
    Because the other handicap ramps do not have the ONLY BATHROOM IN THAT SPECIFIC LAND at the end of it.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Because the other handicap ramps do not have the ONLY BATHROOM IN THAT SPECIFIC LAND at the end of it.
    CC a Land?! I hope you are this generous with ME come Christmas time (I want a pony).

• The line's too long...

Kids like running up and down that ramp because it is windy and twisty. It is narrow and prone to traffic issues but it'll never get modified.

• I'm not really here

CC a Land?!
    Village?
    Town?
    Neighborhood?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Village?
    Town?
    Neighborhood?
    Critter Cul-de-sac.

• I'm not really here

I wonder if they put that ramp together the way they did thinking that there would be additional facilities easier to access from CC proper, rather than being the only facilities north of the NOS train station.

• "I Break Things"

CC a Land?! I hope you are this generous with ME come Christmas time (I want a pony).
    The point stands... it is the only bathroom in that specific AREA of the park.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    The point stands... it is the only bathroom in that specific AREA of the park.
    I don't see how it necessarily differs from the jam up at the NOS station bathrooms, or the PFF bathrooms, or the Adventureland bathrooms, or the Rancho de Zocalo bathrooms..etc. etc. My question was why it deserved special mention, and caught your attention enough to thread about it. No need to get all 'capital letter' on me (twice).

• "I Break Things"

I don't see how it necessarily differs from the jam up at the NOS station bathrooms, or the PFF bathrooms, or the Adventureland bathrooms, or the Rancho de Zocalo bathrooms..etc. etc. My question was why it deserved special mention, and caught your attention enough to thread about it. No need to get all 'capital letter' on me (twice).
    Specifically because it is more of an access issue then a high traffic issue. Adventureland Restrooms have a choke point when you are at the restroom. NOS likewise can have a choke point when you are at the restroom. Hungry Bear has a choked ramp before you are even close to the restroom. That is the reason I wrote the thread. Because you have a giant, high traffic ramp, leading up to the food... but you have a narrow "one way" path leading down to the bathrooms. Instead of a choke point being caused strictly by individuals using the bathroom, you now have a choke point caused by people trying to get down to eat, people coming back up to visit the park, CM's gathering stock from below... they put a narrow path in what is essentially a high traffic area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast