Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Maliboomer Removal

Hey we all know that as a part of DCA's rennovation, the Maliboomer will be removed in 2009. It does look too generic to be a Disney attraction and Tower Of Terror is a whole lot better but can safety be an issue? What I mean by safety is the ride uses cables to hoist the vehicle up the tower. Remember the accident at Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman Tower Of Power(Intamin built) when a cable broke and severed a girl's feet. We all know that Disney has excellent maintenance on their attractions but safety comes first. Could it be they don't want to risk the same thing happening again? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by RocketRodRider88; 06-03-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Your son Chico?!

Re: Maliboomer Removal

kentucky kingdom?... has a tower of terror?
    the (wdw) ride has been around for quite a while. maybe they experienced problems at first but i am sure that by now all the kinks have been worked out. it is totally safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bythesea View Post
    kentucky kingdom?... has a tower of terror?
    the (wdw) ride has been around for quite a while. maybe they experienced problems at first but i am sure that by now all the kinks have been worked out. it is totally safe.
    No they don't. They "had" an Intamin Drop Tower called Superman Tower Of Power. It was removed two months ago because of an accident when a cable severed a girl's feet. Even though Maliboomer is an S&S Power Space Shot, I just don't trust it. Tower Of Terror though I like.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Senior Minion

I don't think the decision to remove Maliboomer had anything to do with safety. If that was an issue, I don't think it would be open now, until the issues were addressed at least.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Yeah, safety is almost definitely a non-issue here. Disney maint. is performed well enough that accidents are cut down to the most bare minimum possible. And as Uncle Bob said, why would they be running it now if there was a safety issue?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't think the decision to remove Maliboomer had anything to do with safety. If that was an issue, I don't think it would be open now, until the issues were addressed at least.
    I agree. If they were concerned about safety enough to remove the attraction, they would have removed it long ago, not waited for a park refurb. The maliboomer removal appears to be due to it not fitting in with the new plans and a superior, better themed but similar attraction already existing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    I agree. If they were concerned about safety enough to remove the attraction, they would have removed it long ago, not waited for a park refurb. The maliboomer removal appears to be due to it not fitting in with the new plans and a superior, better themed but similar attraction already existing.

That's definitely the reason. WDI has said that they have tried to find a way to work it into the new Paradise Pier but it was just a sore spot next to everything else that is going the more nostalgic, classy route.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Hey we all know that as a part of DCA's rennovation, the Maliboomer will be removed in 2009. It does look too generic to be a Disney attraction and Tower Of Terror is a whole lot better but can safety be an issue? What I mean by safety is the ride uses cables to hoist the vehicle up the tower. Remember the accident at Kentucky Kingdom on the Superman Tower Of Power(Intamin built) when a cable broke and severed a girl's feet. We all know that Disney has excellent maintenance on their attractions but safety comes first. Could it be they don't want to risk the same thing happening again? What do you guys think?
    " We all know that Disney has excellent maintenance on their attractions" .....you are joking right?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

No I am not joking GothicManor. I just thought because of Maliboomer's removal could also be a precaution to Kentucky Kingdom incident. Certainly I don't wan't to see another incident like the Big Thunder Mountain derailment. Thank god there is new command in DL. As a ride operator myself we also take precautions to prevent incidents happening at our park that occurred from others.

One other thing. When removed what will be in it's place? Something good I hope.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

One other thing. When removed what will be in it's place? Something good I hope.
    Doubtful. Based on how much space Maliboomer takes we'd be lucky to get a store. They'd have to take out SS Rustworthy, Pizza Om Mow Mow and McDonalds to get some salvagable space there.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Pizza Om Mow Mow and McDonalds to get some salvagable space there.
    That area will become a beer garden themed restaurant.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

That area will become a beer garden themed restaurant.
    It's gotta look better then what's currently there.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The risk of serious malfunction exists on any attraction that is not properly maintained. Even if it was determined that Intamin AG was at fault for poor design, their drop tower is completely different than towers designed by S&S Worldwide.

This theory is comparable to suggesting that any parks that removed Arrrow Dynamics coasters (similar track style to Vekoma, builders of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) after September 2003 did so for fears of their coaster causing a fatality.

• Banned User

When removed what will be in it's place? Something good I hope.
    I've heard that when the Maliboomer has been removed, & Disney's Electrical Parade has moved to Disneyland Park, that the DEP storage building will be turned into an attraction (lavish like TSMM or Little Mermaid), with the Maliboomer area being the entrance, & the exit being by the DEP parade gate.

Which then means Pizza Oom Mow Mow would be removed, & the parade would exit or enter where that restaurant used to be.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast