Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thanksgiving Day at Disneyland - What's It Like?

Quote Originally Posted by msgmg68
    I am hoping that by arriving Monday, we will have two days of lesser crowds
    That has been my experience over the past two years. Monday is usually a slower day, Tuesday gets a little busier, and Wednesday... time to head for someplace else, as schools are out and the crowds increase.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Functional & Decorative

I'm seconding the fact that it can be crowded on Thanksgiving Day. Who knows why, but it seems to be the case.

I also second that the "no crowds" myth of Super Bowl Sunday is also a lie. Granted, it's not mobbed... but it's certainly not "dead". There is a significant crowd.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Well a HUGE thanks to everyone that shared! I feel so much better now that I have somewhat of an idea what to expect! I would just stay away from Thanksgiving day completely, but it's my 30th birthday that day and I would love to be able to be there. Heck, even if I don't go on rides, just being there will be awesome! Thanks again everyone!

• My Children's Father

I see from the recently posted schedule at disneyland.com that both parks will be open later than "usual" that week ...... which usually portends larger crowds ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by puddingspoon
    Well a HUGE thanks to everyone that shared! I feel so much better now that I have somewhat of an idea what to expect! I would just stay away from Thanksgiving day completely, but it's my 30th birthday that day and I would love to be able to be there. Heck, even if I don't go on rides, just being there will be awesome! Thanks again everyone!
    You're better off going sometime during the first two weeks in December -- after T-day break but before X-mas break.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

I thought the same thing! I can't believe they are open until 11pm on Mon & Tues. Everyone has told me that they usually were only open until 8pm on those days.
    Next Trip to Disneyland - June 2006 - too long to wait to go again!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Superbowl varies. It seems like one year everyone thinks it'll be dead so they all show up, the next year they remember the crowds so they stay away, the following year, those who did go remember it being dead and have had a year to tell people so it's crowded, etc.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• A Pirate's Life For Me

We want to go Thanksgiving week on Mon, Tue or Wed. If one gets to the gates early, Wed has the advantage of no EE or TTMM, so you should be able to do FL and TT in the morning with minimal crowds.

So, would it be better to go Wed with more crowds but no EE or TTMM, or Mon or Tue that do have EE/TTMM but less crowds?

My fam is going on Tuesday - Friday of that week. And then spend the weekend recooperating. Disney Dining told me to make my reservations for the Disneyland Hotel 60 days in advance. So I hope to make them for around 3. Friends say the park is dead, prior to Thanksgiving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12