• Resident Ghost

Your Ideal Storybook Ride

There's no doubt that everyone has ridden the Storybook boats. Lets say you had been the designer of the ride. What Disney locals would we see on the ride? Would you have Monstro (sp) or the Cave of Wonders like in Paris.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Your Ideal Storybook Ride

Monstro has been there from the very beginning. Anything other than that whale looking towards Fantasyland would be a disaster. The melding together of StorybookLand and Casey Jr's train is perfection. Those 2 rides define Fantasyland IMO.

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Monstro has been there from the very beginning. Anything other than that whale looking towards Fantasyland would be a disaster. The melding together of StorybookLand and Casey Jr's train is perfection. Those 2 rides define Fantasyland IMO.
    Too bad the pirate ship is no longer there to further reinforce the aquatic theme. It made perfect sense to have a whale popping out of a cave beneath skull rock.

Now if only they would have added the Big Rock Candy Mountain to Storybook Land and Casey Jr.....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    The melding together of StorybookLand and Casey Jr's train is perfection.
    Imagineering was excellent back in the day of that kind of concept. Look at how Tomorrowland used to all meld together (People Mover/Sky Rockets/Subs/Autopia/Monorail.) Today if they built the Subs from scratch would they think to incorporate the cars on top of the show building? I don't think so, we would have got a faux show front.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm not a big Storybookland guy, but Monstro is quite awesome. He's probably my favorite visual in Fantasyland... well, other than the Matterhorn.

I don't dislike the ride or anything, however I would like to see more of an influx of technology which would include more motion, lights, sound, etc. Maybe that's blasphemous, but that's how I'd like Storybookland to be.

It's a nice little ride, but I think there is the potential for it to be a little more interesting.

I wouldn't deviate much from the current Storybook Land layout in Anaheim, except to add settings from Beauty and the Beast. This landmark animated feature lacks representation in the original Disneyland (aside from walkaround characters and parade floats), which is especially ironic considering its theme regarding storybooks.

Monstro would definitely remain, and I think that a mild drop after entering the surly cetacean (representing his big sneeze) could be a fun way to propel guests into this miniature world.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Imagineering was excellent back in the day of that kind of concept. Look at how Tomorrowland used to all meld together (People Mover/Sky Rockets/Subs/Autopia/Monorail.)
    The difference, in terms of mindset, may simply be between designing a theme around a ride system and designing one or more ride systems to place in themed areas (e.g. Storybook Land, Rivers of America).

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I don't dislike the ride or anything, however I would like to see more of an influx of technology which would include more motion, lights, sound, etc. Maybe that's blasphemous, but that's how I'd like Storybookland to be.
    Actually, I agree, as long as the effects are subtle enough to not disrupt the quaintness of the settings and the tranquility of the ride (apart from Casey Jr. zooming around). The questions are: what effects and where should they be placed?

• =)

There's no doubt that everyone has ridden the Storybook boats.
    I'm here to inform you that yes, there's quite a bit of doubt.

- Datameister, who's never ridden the Storybook boats.

• Snow White Wannabe

It's been about 2 1/2 years since I've been on the ride, so I can't recall every single character or scene, but I do remember wishing that there was more audio in terms of hearing characters talking as if they were just around the corner.

I'm not sure adding lights would be practical since the ride shuts down at dark (presumably because of the fireworks?).