Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Re: Creating Carsland

Since Carsland has a E-Ticket ride for older kids, it would be nice to have a smaller, C_ticket for younger audiences. I like your idea of the Junkyard. Maybe a ride through that with some hills or something.

Another idea... I also like the idea of talking directly with the cars themselves. That is what I wanted to do with the full size autos they made. Unfortunately, Disney did not want to pay the extra expense to make them speak. I think it would be very cool to have speaking Cars. Just as Push talks to people, I think it would be very cool that could happen with a couple cars there.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Where's my other cent?

One thing I'm a little confused about. Is this supposed to be Radiator Springs present day, all beat up and fading away, or Radiator Springs in its 1950's heyday? In the spirit of Route 66, I hope it's intended to be the 50's.

I would like to see some actual cars driving around, maybe some big family cars from the era that take park guests between ToT and the Wharf or PP, maybe with some great "See the open road" hawking from the drivers, or some such thing. I'm not sure that the area will completely capture the era without any automobile traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Since Carsland has a E-Ticket ride for older kids, it would be nice to have a smaller, C_ticket for younger audiences. I like your idea of the Junkyard. Maybe a ride through that with some hills or something.

Another idea... I also like the idea of talking directly with the cars themselves. That is what I wanted to do with the full size autos they made. Unfortunately, Disney did not want to pay the extra expense to make them speak. I think it would be very cool to have speaking Cars. Just as Push talks to people, I think it would be very cool that could happen with a couple cars there.

There will be a very detailed "c" attraction in the land. that mater attraction that is mentioned is actually part of the plans. Think of it as a mini darkride but out in the open.

There are also plans for a couple more attractions to be built soon after the land opens if all goes well

• I'm not really here

There are plans for a tea-cup like ride themed around Luigi's Tire Shop and a Flying Saucers ride themed to Mater's Junkyard (think flying hub-caps).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There are plans for a tea-cup like ride themed around Luigi's Tire Shop and a Flying Saucers ride themed to Mater's Junkyard (think flying hub-caps).
    i think you have them confused. The flying saucer type ride is actually based on Lugi's character. The Mater junkyard attraction is not the flying saucer ride and it is more than just a teacup ride.

here

http://micechat.com/forums/members/mastergracey-albums-carsland-disney-s-california-adventure-project-tracker-image-gallery.html

Artist rendering of Luigi's Roamin' Tires attraction as seen on Disneyland CastTV.
    Artist rendering of Luigi's Roamin Tires attraction overview as seen on the LA Times Funland blog. Copyright Disney.

Artist rendering of Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree attraction overview as seen on the LA Times Funland blog. Copyright Disney.
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.

• I'm not really here

yeah, thanks... I did have that confused. Been a while since I read back through the threads.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

I still don't like the placement of the Mater ride, it's going to make fixing the middle part of the park impossible and a junk yard in the exact center of the park is stupid. Heck, lets just put a golden spike in it, a junk yard's just a pretty as a castle.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Hello

Cool Re: Creating Carsland

They should have a ride where the police car chases thoses "bad" cars.

Or there could be a ride where Red has to go put out a fire.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I'm afraid a dessert Carsland is going to be another theme like the Backlot and Condor Flats areas that are very dry visually. Hopefully the budget influx will allow for a rich dessert land like Big Thunder at least, but attractions based on tires and a junkyard don't bode well for an aesthetically pleasing land.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I still don't like the placement of the Mater ride, it's going to make fixing the middle part of the park impossible and a junk yard in the exact center of the park is stupid. Heck, lets just put a golden spike in it, a junk yard's just a pretty as a castle.
    The whole area will be heavily landscape. Not only that but the gates leading into timon will be moved eastward approximately where the Farmers market building is. Then the area where the gates are now and next to the first aid and tortilla factory will be themed to Carsland.

Lots of landscaping for this transitional point
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-05-2008 at 02:47 PM.

• Senior Minion

Well I hope that will make it all work, I understand what they're trying to do and I guess it could work, but I think it's going to be a really challenging design problem to make all that stuff come together and look like it was meant to be there. I still would have moved the Mater ride more into the back of Carsland so that eventually that whole area could be rethemed either to expand the SF theme or possibly to be used to create a new land there by removing bugs land and the farm.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

does anyone know if RsR is going to have a show building or is it going to be placed mostly out doors?
    pshhh i guess

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    does anyone know if RsR is going to have a show building or is it going to be placed mostly out doors?

It will have a show building and be part indoor part outdoors. Should be really cool.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

As someone mentioned in the Autopia thread that I'm too lazy to look up and link to, Carsland is where Autopia belongs. Theme it to the Mother Road, route the track around the land, and let riders take a grand circle tour of Radiator Springs. Heck, with a decent queue and a couple of "landscape" setpieces, I'd ride it, and I can't stand Autopia.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Love the golden spike, that was funny.

Though "Carsland" isn't exactly in the center of the park. It's off behind TZToT. Will be interesting as things start gearing up and getting closer to get some concept art of the layout of lands/areas/whole park.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast