Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• E T1CK3T

"A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour

My parents are thinking about going on this tour with me as a graduation gift... is this a good tour to take? It sounds really good. Also, are there any pins or commemorative items to go with the tour? Any pics of them, if there are? Thank you!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour

I loved the tour Seawolf. It seems to change all the time but there is a ton of stuff that a Disney fan would love. Ask if there is a chance you can get a ride on the LillyBelle. We didn't get that on our tour, but we did get to have lunch in the gallery.

We did the tour on May 18th for my daughters 16th birthday and we did get to go on the Lily Belle. The tour was great...I highly recommend it! Our lunch was in the tour gardens and it was just sandwiches but they were really fresh and good. The pin we got is a gold pin with the castle and a tiny Walt walking through it. The only complaint was the headphone things...our guide walked pretty fast and if we didn't keep right up with him you couldn't hear anything...also if he moved it created a lot of static and you couldn't hear either. We took the 50th tour back in 2005 and the headphones haven't improved much since then!

• =)

Also, are there any pins or commemorative items to go with the tour?
    They give you a gold-colored metal pin, perhaps an inch by half an inch, with an engraved version of that famous photo of Walt beneath the castle, with the words A Walk In Walt's Footsteps at the bottom. Perhaps later I'll post a photo of it, if I get a chance.

I can't say if the tour itself is worth it--I had a very fortunate opportunity to do a modified version of part of the tour for free, and I certainly enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd pay for it. One of the cool things I know the tour does is examine "Ophelia", one of the singing Tiki Room flowers. You can depress the mechanism in back to make the mouth open and close. Pretty interesting.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The tour seems fun. I have the PAP, might as well use it on the tour, I never use it.

Doesn't the tour have special seating for the parade?? I remember there being a parade viewing spot for the tours near by Alice In Wonderland outside the Kings and Queen restrooms.

My wife and I took the tour about 4 years ago, and had a great time. We got to ride the Jungle Cruise, go into the lobby of Club 33 and have lunch in the Golden Horseshoe, right upfront during the show. We did recieve the pin that everyone has mentioned before. I highly recommend the tour, and I would definately do it again.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

I enjoyed the tour, but found some of the information given was "urban legends" and not factual.

I would say I didn't learn anything new, but did enjoy the tour.

It seems the tour changes often, we were allowed to look inside Walt's Apartment atop the Firehouse. I understand they no longer do this, the last time I took the tour was in the mid 90's.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I took the tour over the summer, and thought it was great! We got to see the lobby of Club33, ride the Lilly Belle, and touch the Tiki Room flower.

Here is the pin.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• =)

Yup, that's the pin. Although that photo's a little deceptive--it looks like the center is pinkish, but that's just the lighting. The whole thing is the same color.

• Goofy is the man

I have taken this tour twice. I loved it each time and both times were different. It was about 5 years ago when I went on them. The first time we went into the Tiki Room, and see a flower up close and hear about the history of the TR. The second time the TR was closed so we got a special tour of the Jungle Crusie. That was really fun too. We also got to go into Club 33 lobby and ate lunch in the gallery. We didn't have headphones or anything. We just had to stay close to the guide and she didn't talk much while we were walking.

• E T1CK3T

Thanks for all the feedback! It sounds like it's a worthwhile tour, especially with the pin, hehe, since I'm a pin collector. Too bad we won't be able to eat in the Gallery, though... a trip around Disneyland in the Lilly Belle would be really great, as I've only been in it once. And I've never seen inside Club 33 other than the door being open just a little bit once, and pictures other times. How do the headphones fit into the tour? Does the guide talk into a microphone, and it transmits to the headphones? or are the 'phones loaded with extra information and Walt quotes, etc.?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Wow, I took this tour early on, before all of this new-fangled lunch and headphones stuff! We got nothing, and we liked it!
    A signature should go here.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I can't say if the tour itself is worth it--I had a very fortunate opportunity to do a modified version of part of the tour for free, and I certainly enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd pay for it. One of the cool things I know the tour does is examine "Ophelia", one of the singing Tiki Room flowers. You can depress the mechanism in back to make the mouth open and close. Pretty interesting.

Was Tony Baxter really there on your tour!?

• =)

Was Tony Baxter really there on your tour!?
    Yup! It wasn't the normal tour--the activity I was part of happened to include some of the same activities as the tour, and they gave us the pin, too. We had a number of CMs to help guide us around, but Tony was the one doing the majority of the talking.

• E T1CK3T

Wow! Do you know how good you've got it Data? How do I get on one of these "special tours"??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast