View Poll Results: Would you like Star Wars Weekends at Disneyland?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm with you!

62 88.57%
  • I like it, but prefer it stay in Florida.

5 7.14%
  • No, I don't like Star Wars.

3 4.29%
  • I HATE STAR WARS WEEKENDS EVEN IN FLORIDA!

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Star Wars Weekends at Disneyland. How and When??

I say leave it at WDW for being unqine and at one spot. Disneyland can have Pirates and Princess Party instead. lol
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Blind to His Own Faults

Posted by me:
    lifelong virgins?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Aw, come on, Swabbie. Most people in general say they like Star Wars. I am a direct product of Star Wars fans, so my parents can't be life-long virgins, can they?
    If they aren't, then they should be required by law to be. Generational social retardation should be discouraged .

• Former Sub Helmsman

Actually, according to an old manager of mine, the Star Wars fans seem to be the ones that are more outgoing, and more socially acceptable. Generally. I've seen the stereotype in every group...Trekkies, Star Wars fans, Browncoats, Role Players, Disney Fans...*shrugs*

Seriously....no matter how huge of a Star Wars fan I am, just the thought of a Star Wars weekend at DLR just kind of makes me twitch. Not a good twitch. I lived in Indianapolis during Celebration 3, I've attended many conventions up to and including Comic Con...and I just don't see our beloved resort being able to handle something like what they put on down at WDW.

Just my personal opinion. *shrugs*
    T

• Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by tokarrai View Post
    Actually, according to an old manager of mine, the Star Wars fans seem to be the ones that are more outgoing, and more socially acceptable. Generally. I've seen the stereotype in every group...Trekkies, Star Wars fans, Browncoats, Role Players, Disney Fans...*shrugs*

Seriously....no matter how huge of a Star Wars fan I am, just the thought of a Star Wars weekend at DLR just kind of makes me twitch. Not a good twitch. I lived in Indianapolis during Celebration 3, I've attended many conventions up to and including Comic Con...and I just don't see our beloved resort being able to handle something like what they put on down at WDW.

T
    Shrugging and twitching, shrugging and twitching--your midichlorian count too high?

• Former Sub Helmsman

The force is definitely not strong in this one.

I so dislike Jedi it's not even funny.

Okay, it might be a little bit funny.

I'm just expressive.

T

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Shrugging and twitching, shrugging and twitching--your midichlorian count too high?

hahahahahhahaha

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Former Sub Helmsman

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

T

That would be awesome!!! Star Wars weekends is the reason we are postponing our honeymoon until June of 2010 (we are getting married Nov of 09).

I would LOVE to see it here at Disneyland!
    kingdom hearts <3er

• MiceChat Moderator

T

I know what you mean. I've attended Celebration IV and it was eerie when you see all the costumes and the uber fans. But are they no different than many of the pin traders or die hard disneyland fans out there?

I kinda don't want to take pictures with overweight bikerscouts that frequent the conventions. But ones that Disney hires to pose with us... I think it's different. Did you see Aurra Sing? She looked uncanny!

And Star Wars Weekends isn't meant for the fans to get dressed up. It's for us to be a part of a Star Wars world... it's definitely more organized and how should we say... sanitized?

• Former Sub Helmsman

Hey, I have no problem with the costumers. Heck, I founded the Rebel Legion. I've got geek cred coming out of body cavities that no one wants to hear about. WDW does also allow members of the 501st and the Rebel Legion to march in the parade....strictly background characters, no "face" characters. Pilots, stormtroopers, characters like that. WDW supplies their own characters that have names outside of fan fiction, comic books, and trading cards.

It's more the crowds. I honestly can not think of anyplace in DLR that could hold those crowds while keeping Show intact, especially with the crowds the parks (even DCA) pull in. MAYBE, MAYBE during the off season....maybe.

Not that it seems to matter to a lot of higher ups sometimes, but still...this is all about our opinions, right?

TT

• MiceChat Moderator

It's more the crowds. I honestly can not think of anyplace in DLR that could hold those crowds while keeping Show intact, especially with the crowds the parks (even DCA) pull in. MAYBE, MAYBE during the off season....maybe.

Not that it seems to matter to a lot of higher ups sometimes, but still...this is all about our opinions, right?

TT

Hehe right! I wonder though, have you been to the park during New Year's Eve? It is INSANE and yet... the park is still operating. I really don't know if Star Wars weekends would attract the size of crowds that you're suggesting. Maybe it would? Especially if a new Star Tours ride was involved, so I would definitely say no to that idea (no reason to spend money on a ride AND a promotion to tie into it at the same time).

But I do have to wonder... if elements of Star Wars was temporarily spread throughout the resort, I think it could potentially work. DCA can certainly handle a lot of it (Hyperion theater comes to mind, autograph booths around paradise pier, etc). Even the parade could be in DCA itself. Something that incorporates the entire resort would also force people to buy park hopper passes too!

Anyhoo.. that's okay if you don't want it. I'm not trying to change your mind!

• Former Sub Helmsman

I see what you're getting at, and it could work. I admit, I just recently moved out here from Indiana, so I'm still getting used to all the nooks and crannies of DLR.

And no worries! All the ribbing, discussion, everything...all in good fun, right? I wouldn't mind seeing something like this...I'm as big a Star Wars geek as the next guy, especially if that next guy is Gus Lopez, Chris Trevas or Steve Sansweet, or obviously even you!

The problem is....even if we could come up with a feasible plan, does it mean that the park would do that? Or would they try to cram it all into Tomorrowland? Sadly, that I could see happening...

Finding Naboo Submarine Voyage
    Han Solo's Astro Blasters
    Honey, I Shrunk The Sith
    Landspeedertopia
    Hyperspace Mountain
    Star Tours
    and reverting Innoventions back to Coruscant Sings!

Hrm. I might have just taken this a bit too far....
    T

• MiceChat Moderator

Or would they try to cram it all into Tomorrowland? Sadly, that I could see happening...

Finding Naboo Submarine Voyage
    Han Solo's Astro Blasters
    Honey, I Shrunk The Sith
    Landspeedertopia
    Hyperspace Mountain
    Star Tours
    and reverting Innoventions back to Coruscant Sings!

Hrm. I might have just taken this a bit too far....
    T

Haha! Naboo Bongo Voyage works INFINITELY better than Finding Nemo!

And oddly enough, I used to want a full scale A-Wing inside Space Mountain queue. And I wanted the People Mover to be taken over by speederbikes.

Ok I was 10 years old when I thought of all that and I have since learned the error of my ways. Actually... Rocket Rods helped me learn much quicker. I learned that "faster" doesn't exactly translate to "funner".

But seriously now, yah Tomorrowland would seem like the logical place to cram it all, which is almost what I suggested in my original post (aside from Big Thunder Ranch). But I can also see the Fantasyland Theater put to use somehow as well. It all works for me! Star Wars worlds are as diverse as the lands at Disneyland.

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

I for one would love to see the Star Wars Weekends come to the Disneyland Resort, but then again I'm bit biased.

I have often wondered why they haven't done it in the past. I like the idea of spreading it out over the whole resort and not just centering it in Tomorrowland.

I'd be open to the idea. If it works. And if it did, I wouldn't have to wait around outside of the Jedi Training Academy taking pictures of the characters from afar. Hooray!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast