Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Fancy that...

Time Travel ride in TL

so, with an all new Tomorrowland, what should there be? One of the things I would particularly like to see would be a time travel ride, It can be an all new E ticket, and I'm thinking that it could replace innoventions. It would be an all new building, that looks super futuristic and I'm thinking...something like this

(the building on the right, not the original look of Space Mountian)

The new Peoplemover could pass through the sides of the building, So once you enter you go through this (cool and futuristic) queue. And somewere in there is a pre-show, were someone explains all the operations of the time machines(ride vehicles). So now you get into the load area,I think that there should be some sort of generator or central weenie in the load area, it would be circular and just think of this...but with ride vehicles loading and unloading around the circular room

the ride vehicles? I have no idea what they should look like yet, but I'd like to see some tv screens in them. The whole ride would use the updated test track system, but maybe with a top seperate to the wheels, so that they could use a EMV type of thing (like indy) so think of a test track chassis so that you can speed up at times, with a top that's an EMV so that it can feel like you're on rough and rugged terrain when you arent exactly going fast. I don't have a lot of ideas for what the ride through will be like but there should of corse be Dinosaurs...however I do have an idea for what the beggining of the ride would be like...

• =)

Re: Time Travel ride in TL

The only problem with a time travel ride is that once you travel through time, you're no longer in the world of tomorrow.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The only problem with a time travel ride is that once you travel through time, you're no longer in the world of tomorrow.
    yea, I know, ITS STILL COOL!!

• =)

Can't argue there.

• Fancy that...

ok, but seriously, this would make sense because what you're seeing is still the advancement of human kind(let's not get into another one of these debates Data)

cause think about all the scientific possibilities of Time travel, we could go back and see how the Earth formed or what the Dinosaurs really looked like. By seeing the climates of the past we can also guess how to handle today's climate issues. I think it fits thematicly, but in a short summary it sounds like "what? what are dinosaurs doing in the future? lol

• =)

No, seriously, I get what you're saying with it, and I agree with it, to a certain degree. But I also feel like that's what the rest of Disneyland is for--transporting you to the past (and/or fantastic worlds that never existed). Tomorrowland's space is limited, and it seems to me like it'd be best to keep strictly futuristic stuff there.

However, the DLRR already offers travel through time and space after leaving Tomorrowland station, so instead of views of the backside of Innoventions, what if it entered a small new show building before the dioramas and indicated that we were passing through a space-time anomaly being studied by Tomorrowland scientists?

• Fancy that...

No, seriously, I get what you're saying with it, and I agree with it, to a certain degree. But I also feel like that's what the rest of Disneyland is for--transporting you to the past (and/or fantastic worlds that never existed). Tomorrowland's space is limited, and it seems to me like it'd be best to keep strictly futuristic stuff there.

However, the DLRR already offers travel through time and space after leaving Tomorrowland station, so instead of views of the backside of Innoventions, what if it entered a small new show building before the dioramas and indicated that we were passing through a space-time anomaly being studied by Tomorrowland scientists?
    what you suggested was something I already thought of...I got more ideas on this to share than what was offered in the OP

I realized that also as I did this...I just kinda shrugged and said...Nowere else takes you THAT far back in time in DL, other than the train diorama, and that can be combined to make sense...I'll tell you my basic idea of how this would work logisticly...

The building is supposed to take things BACK in time, since TL is the only place in DL in witch you can go into the future...these time machines can only travel into the future once the vehicles have been put into the past, because It's the building that takes you to the dinosaur era...It makes the diorama influence make sense with this. tell me if you're confused or think it's lame, cause I could understand either emotions

• =)

I am confused.

• Fancy that...

I am confused.
    ok, sorry lol....

well, you know how DL dosn't really take you THAT far back in time, other than in the dioramas with the dinosaurs? right?

well, since both are so close to eachother (my proposed idea and the dioramas)..(like.how you see the ending of Splash Mountian from the train?)

but the basic concept for the ride is that the ride vehicles only have the ability to travel into the future, the building's mechanics allow for the ride vehicles to travel back in time. from the start you enter a tunnel with a man made black hole..you see dinosaurs..travels into future more..sees stuff from that period...

• Senior Minion

I think I agree with Data, a time travel ride could be weird in TL, but I like the train idea, it would be a great excuse to plus the train as part of the TL upgrades that have been rumored to be coming. I don’t know, I think it does sound like a cool ride but I think I’d rather see TL get some sort of new science adventure, something along the lines of Innerspace, but a new concept. It could be something like a space flight to witness amazing astrological events through the universe dark ride. Maybe even just a new ATIS with modern technology. Anyway, I think that location really should have a signature TL ride for families, like its own POTC or HM.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

I think I see where you're going. Mmm, I still dunno about having a whole attraction devoted to time travel, though. Ponder this I shall. In the mean time, stay away from those manmade black holes! No use in traveling through time if you're dead.

• Fancy that...

I think I see where you're going. Mmm, I still dunno about having a whole attraction devoted to time travel, though. Ponder this I shall. In the mean time, stay away from those manmade black holes! No use in traveling through time if you're dead.
    how would you know that?...and BTW that's like the only part of the ride I have worked out*sighs*

• =)

how would you know that?
    Okay, fair enough--some people might get a kick out postmortem time travel. But me personally, I'd rather be still alive to experience it.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think I agree with Data, a time travel ride could be weird in TL, but I like the train idea, it would be a great excuse to plus the train as part of the TL upgrades that have been rumored to be coming. I don’t know, I think it does sound like a cool ride but I think I’d rather see TL get some sort of new science adventure, something along the lines of Innerspace, but a new concept. It could be something like a space flight to witness amazing astrological events through the universe dark ride. Maybe even just a new ATIS with modern technology. Anyway, I think that location really should have a signature TL ride for families, like its own POTC or HM.
    I agree about the signiture-ness

but seriously, please just let ATIS die! People nowadays would be hella bored, I'm sorry, I mean... I can apprectate it and all, it's just, enough SPACE already, lets look at other aspects of scientific possibilities.

• Fancy that...

Okay, fair enough--some people might get a kick out postmortem time travel. But me personally, I'd rather be still alive to experience it.
    no, I say this because no one really know that you would die... I mean..It's probable to think that, but either way this could be a "safe" black hole...I don't think it's a big deal..(edit)or that easy to fix

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast