Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

The Mini Trips 6-4 and 6-5

So as usual we did the whole "off work let's go" thing. I realize 90% of my TR's are both predictable and in some cases almost identical. I was wondering if others find themselves falling into specific "favorite" habits?

Anyhow here is Wednesday 04. We arrived thinking that the park would be closing early, it wasn't, it actually closed at 11pm. So then we though "Oh we'll stay for an hour or so" and sometime around 11:20pm we made it back to the van. Our first stop was King Triton's in DCA. I honestly wanted to see if the walls were down for TSMM, and besides the kids like the ride. I had everyone in a row at one point, but then my little girl saw a pink whale and...

So she took the lead, and I just snagged my own fishy thingy... Here's the rest of the gang.

I love my wife, this is obviously not one of her better moments.

Even Baby got in the act.

As I said my son has this habit of looking up... his expression is priceless

We also have this strange tradition now of saying thank you to whatever we rode. I used it as a ploy to get them off without crying the first time and now they do it EVERY time. They even did it at Knott's today.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: The Mini Trips 6-4 and 6-5

So after that one ride we went to Disneyland because everyone was hungry. I've heard different takes on Village Haus, but our kids like it, and the pizza works because they are Vegetarian (same as wife)

I know someone will ask where's baby... she was a little tired and the kids weren't in the stroller so...

After a quick bite we decided to walk along Thunder Trail. As we approached the big river I noticed the Mark Twain was out. I didn't realize until we got there that she was actually RUNNING... what a treat. Special thanks to the CM who took this

The few times we had ridden before (only once at night) we rode on the bow. So this time it was up the stairs

And then because Mom and Dad were tired... we sat... on the top floor. For anyone who has never ridden up there, it is LOUD. Especially when the blow the whistle or ring the bell. But it is AMAZING.

New Orleans at night

• Goofy

Cute trip report.

• "I Break Things"

This next part I did not get pictures of but I wanted to relate to everyone. I specifically posted a thread about it. My 4 year old is TERRIFIED of the Haunted Mansion. She has been on it before, but due to a very bad screaming incident (teen girls in the elevator) she is now scared to go on. This particular evening the line was short, so we thought we would chance it. I am a superb negotiator, for the small price of 3 Pooh's she agreed to try Mansion. She was fine in line, she was ok in the foyer (I made her count candles to distract her). Once the elevator doors opened she started crying and screaming hysterically. I am not one to force any child on a ride, so we opted not to go on. On the way out I asked the greeter if there was any way to avoid the elevator. I explained what had happened before (teen girls) and that this was the only part my daughter was afraid of. The Greeter called, and within a few minutes the Lead came out to meet us. He wasn't too thrilled at first, but the moment he saw my little girl he completely changed. He told her it would be ok, and that he knew a secret way, and we could take it but only this one time. So, off we went through the evac route and down a couple flights, pushed open a door and there we are in the hallway. He wished us well, and disappeared. As we had expected, she LOVED the rest of the ride. This part will be explained later, but I am extremely grateful to both Steve and Christie for their kindness, and willingness to accommodate the fears of a 4 year old.

Mansion now done it was time for Dad to live up to his end of the bargain. Because she "cheated" and we used a special way the price was discounted to 2 rides on Pooh. These are combined shots

Now the night becomes interesting. As we walked back from Pooh through New Orleans my daughter grabs my hand and starts walking back to Mansion. She say's "I'll be brave" and "I want to go Daddy". She had so much fun before that she chose to face her fear of the elevator. And once that part was out of the way she was fine. Again, as a parent, I can not begin to explain how grateful my wife and I are that two CM's took the time to help our daughter overcome her fear.

• "I Break Things"

So, after a SECOND ROUND of Mansion, it was off to Pirates.

Once the older two started going, we had a heck of a time keeping up.

So after that, instead of having a baby that was asleep, I had 2 little sleepers. And we decided to cap the night off with Jungle

Funny thing is only one kid made it through jungle awake... this was a shot of the "Last one standing" right outside the gate

I will continue with the 6-5 report when I have a moment. I am not planning on reporting on every trip (we've made several in between the reports actually). In the case of the 6-4, I wanted to again express my thanks to the HM CM's. In the 6-5 I have another fun little one, all in Fantasyland!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Cute report.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Another great trip report TS. You are becoming quite the professional. Love the commentary as well, being a Dad I can really relate.

• Banned User

You have darling children!!! Cute report with the little ones.

• Banned User

I am so glad you got to go in with out the elevator! in fact, I never knew it was an elevator, heck I just learned something new adorable family, and a great trip report

• "I Break Things"

So... 6-5... I had a REALLY bad day, which had nothing to do with my co-workers or my job per say, I just needed to relax so off we went. Unlike previous trips I had a specific plan this time. I wanted to stay in Fantasyland. First up Casey

One thing to note. It is not always wise to ask 2, 4, and 5 year olds where they want to sit. This is how a 6'4 230lb Marine ends up in a small, pink, railroad car.

No joke. When I got out, a Japanese tourist snapped a picture and made a comment about Godzilla... I think he just wanted proof that I actually fit in the car! So from the Train we went to what was next, Dumbo.

•   

Those cars can hold a LOT. DisneyIPresume, Ginarella, aashee, Legally Brunette and myself all fit into one cage about two weeks ago.

• "I Break Things"

This was while we were in line for Dumbo. I honestly love this picture of my wife.

My wife ended up with the girls, I got the "Dive Bomber of Disneyland" I can honestly say I know how far up, how far down, and how long it takes to go from one extreme to the other... gee thanks...

I tried taking shots of the girls in front of us, but he was too fast, the camera was too blurry,and it was too dark. So the pictures would have made Van Gogh proud! I did however snap one before they got out.

And of course the standard "picture spot" because there was no way of letting all 3 ride together.

• "I Break Things"

Now... reason #1 this trip was so special, night ride on King Author's Carousel.

And reason #2... by sheer accident, my daughter picked Jingles! All because of the color pink!

So after this ride we skipped over to Alice, literally skipped, and while the pictures didn't come out the memories were worth it.

• "I Break Things"

And reason #3... this is was their first ride on Teacups.

Not the best shot of the boy... but they all had a blast. As usual no actual spinning of the wheel from us, just the ride itself. My wife claims it was because of the baby and the kids, but honestly she HATES spinning type rides, they make her sick. She also hates fast rides, coasters etc. so I am HOPING to take the kids on one before they turn 18!

We timed it perfect, literally as the teacup stopped the closing announcement of Disneyland played throughout the park. Secretly I had hoped we had an extra 5 minutes, because I had wanted to close with Storybook. 5 rides in 2 hours on a semi busy night, can't complain.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Very great trip report. I hear ya about the bad day at work--I wish I were closer so I could escape to the worlds of Disney as you did.

Your kids look wonderful.

Also, thanks for including a pic of yourself!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast