Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA PICTURES (MAJOR SPOILERS - view at your own risk)

Holy crap now I want to ride TSMM even more!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Great pics! And a great ride. I can't wait to take DIP Jr on it!

Being your typical nitpicker a couple things that would theme the queue better -- install ornate victorian wall sconces with lighting in the indoor portion that has all the ride posters. It would look even more classy in addition to reducing the flicker created from the ceiling fans above.

Also remove the lower capitals off of the Screamin support columns and design them to match the other capitals of the newly built queue columns.

Other than that -- perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    First one and probably the best.
    Me also!!! *High five*

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    Now we have some detail of the ride layout! Thanks!!
    As I am looking at the schematic it looks like the cars can take two paths, not just one. So are there different ways each ride can go? So people see different things???
    Great pictures!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Thank You for the detailed shots. Sadly to me this is not exciting. This is people playing a video game in a theme park, not an immersive attraction. I'm sorry, but Buzz at this point seems a great deal more immersive then this. The queue is amazing both inside and out. I have no doubt it will be a lot of fun. But to me it is a far cry from an actual, authentic, original, fully immersive attraction. While it doesn't have glasses... I could sit on the couch in the 1980's and play Duck Hunt and get the same effect! So kudos to WDI for designing a wonderful videogame... now if only they could actually build an attraction like they used to!
    Once Again I find myself quoting myself... Bold mine this time around.

Notice how I did not say, or imply, that I do or would hate it. I just do not believe in giving WDI a pat on the back for a cloned video game is all. I felt the same way about Buzz... and it has more IN it then TSMM... I'll have a blast... but I'd have a similar experience sitting on the couch, music blasting, playing Halo2... and not need to stand in a 2 or 3 hour line to accomplish it!

My hope, and I mean hope, is that the beauty of this building will show Disney the cheapness of the others. I hope that the other queue buildings will eventually be refurbished in a similar manner.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Animation Domination

l really really can't wait until tomorrow to ride TSMM!!!!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    I'm uberly jealous!!!
    It was a lot of fun, and you will be on it soon enough!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Thank You for the detailed shots. Sadly to me this is not exciting. This is people playing a video game in a theme park, not an immersive attraction. I'm sorry, but Buzz at this point seems a great deal more immersive then this. The queue is amazing both inside and out. I have no doubt it will be a lot of fun. But to me it is a far cry from an actual, authentic, original, fully immersive attraction. While it doesn't have glasses... I could sit on the couch in the 1980's and play Duck Hunt and get the same effect! So kudos to WDI for designing a wonderful videogame... now if only they could actually build an attraction like they used to!
    I would have to say its a little more then "playing a video game in a theme park." How can you say this isn't an "immersive" attraction when you haven't ridden the actual ride? I'm just at a lost when people judge the ride fully on a picture, after all a picture can only be so immersive.
    Jeff Wayne

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Me also!!! *High five*
    Or until we win the Dream Suite... But the odds of that are .
    HIGH FIVE ANYWAYS THOUGH WOO!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Thanks for the pix.

If the average time between vehicle dispatches in 38 seconds and each set of 2 vehicles can hold 8 people then the hourly capacity is about 756. Is that good? It seems kinda low. Does anyone know if the dispatch time on the screen is below or at target? Thanks for any info anyone has.
    Well actually if you did a dispatch every 38 seconds you'd get 1.57 dispatches per min., and multiplying that by 60 you get 94.2 dispatches per hour.
    16 people get dispatched at once which is 1507.2. Which is around the OHRC WDI designed for, take away 20% in loss and get the 1200 PPH that Florida's seems to average right now.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Thanks for the pix.

If the average time between vehicle dispatches in 38 seconds and each set of 2 vehicles can hold 8 people then the hourly capacity is about 756. Is that good? It seems kinda low. Does anyone know if the dispatch time on the screen is below or at target? Thanks for any info anyone has.
    I can ask my friend, who's the lead on that attraction. He will tell me what the dispatch time is and the GPH.
    Last edited by SparkyLD; 06-10-2008 at 08:48 PM.

I'd obfuscate that name, there.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    The only bad show I noticed in the whole ride is here. See in the lower right corner? That shows every color that is used in the mural, in case it has to be repainted.

This would have been ok if they also put this in the small box in Andy's Room at the exit of the ride. This is also on many toy boxes and candy and potato chip wrappers. But it is not on the toy box.

What they should have done is completed the painting of the curtain and saved that palate somewhere for future reference. Or they could have just put that on the side facing inside the ride.

Oh well. Just something I just noticed. Other than that it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The only bad show I noticed in the whole ride is here. See in the lower right corner? That shows every color that is used in the mural, in case it has to be repainted.

This would have been ok if they also put this in the small box in Andy's Room at the exit of the ride. This is also on many toy boxes and candy and potato chip wrappers. But it is not on the toy box.

What they should have done is completed the painting of the curtain and saved that palate somewhere for future reference. Or they could have just put that on the side facing inside the ride.

Oh well. Just something I just noticed. Other than that it's all good.
    Are you sure thats a color palate for painting the mural of the attraction?

If you look at a cereal box or similar cardboard box, there is a color chart on one of the folds. I am assuming these are used by the printers for calibration.

So that little detail on the side might actually be an incredible amount of detail in theming.

EDIT: I just looked through all the boxes in my pantry and every single one had a similar "color chart" attached on one of the sides. I do not believe what you pointed out in the picture is a color swatch for the mural but more of attention to detail. It also appears that there is a dotted line right above this section to represent where one would fold when piecing the box together.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 06-10-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Are you sure thats a color palate for painting the mural of the attraction?

If you look at a cereal box or similar cardboard box, there is a color chart on one of the folds. I am assuming these are used by the printers for calibration.

So that little detail on the side might actually be an incredible amount of detail in theming.

EDIT: I just looked through all the boxes in my pantry and every single one had a similar "color chart" attached on one of the sides. I do not believe what you pointed out in the picture is a color swatch for the mural but more of attention to detail. It also appears that there is a dotted line right above this section to represent where one would fold when piecing the box together.
    Well, I haven't ruled out the possiblility that this is supposed to be there, and it may well quite possibly enhance the theming.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast