Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Re: TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA PICTURES (MAJOR SPOILERS - view at your own risk)

On that color card by the entry way to the ride. That looks like a standard photo calibration chart that photographers use to see how well their camera and film work. The top is a sliding grey scale that goes from white to black in a specified increment of grey called the grey scale. They use it to calibrate your TV too (if any of you have every used a calibration DVD like Home Essentials).

My bet is given its location that the rides probably have a camera system on the lower part of the ride vehicle, and that card is strategically placed to allow the camera to be recalibrated/ensure correct operation. Such a device could be used for a variety of things on a ride such as this.

Just my .02 worth.
    Last edited by fireboy92k; 06-12-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction.

• Never Gets Lost

The first thing/image that came to mind when I was waiting through the queue and loading area (was "cleaned up version of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk"). The detailed theming with the sounds of CA Screamin' in the background gave the feel of boardwalks in the past. This is far better than the thoughts that came to mind when walking through other areas in Paradise Pier.

• King of Los Angeles

The look and feel makes me sad that Monster's Inc. is on the other side of the park. I could see a similar entrance by the other helix with a Mike Wazowski barker calling people in to a Monster's inc. spookhouse. it could be similar to the current ride, but mpookhouses with monster's were a traditional part of seaside amusement parks, and that property is too perfect a fit. Maybe wene they re-do Hollywoodland, they can find a new home for Mike and Sully.

• Official Mice Chat person

I didn't realize the track split up into two different "game areas". They can fit a lot more people in at a time that way... Is either section different than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    The TSMM threads are hilarious because it's a bunch of people going "Well, from this picture this ride looks poorly themed and no fun" mixed with people who have actually been on the ride and can't stop raving about it.
    Exactly.

I didnt think I could see something as sorry as this on these boards.

I loved it! My GF hates video games and even just tolerates me when I want to go on BLAB... She loved TSMM and wanted to get back in line immediately upon exiting the TSMM store.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567