Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    These things were out in the Pinocchio lot

To me this are form for post (Lights or pillar)
    If Piller for a Tent?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

Does anyone else think that that lamp in the living room scene looks kinda like a Hidden Mickey?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Thanks for sharing with all of us. It's always nice to get a little peak at something new.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Looking great. Thanks for a stellar update MG!

• My Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    These things were out in the Pinocchio lot

To me this are form for post (Lights or pillar)
    If Piller for a Tent?

Not sure what they are for, but they are concrete forming tubes, also known as sono tubes. Tubes this size are usually reserved for holding up something like an overpass. If they're pouring this much concrete, they're making a parking structure or something. Although that seems unlikely without any prepwork to the asphalt underneath them. The sono tubes are pretty weather resistant and make good temporary pillars for parties. But they would need to be decorated up to match a theme. I use smaller ones in my halloween decorations. If they've gone through and poured new concrete bases for lighting fixtures or something, I guess they could be using these as protection to keep people from writing in the wet cement or something. But that seems like a pricey way to protect wet cement.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I can't wait for the castle walk-thru to open back up! Is there a date for completion?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    Not sure what they are for, but they are concrete forming tubes, also known as sono tubes. Tubes this size are usually reserved for holding up something like an overpass. If they're pouring this much concrete, they're making a parking structure or something. Although that seems unlikely without any prepwork to the asphalt underneath them. The sono tubes are pretty weather resistant and make good temporary pillars for parties. But they would need to be decorated up to match a theme. I use smaller ones in my halloween decorations. If they've gone through and poured new concrete bases for lighting fixtures or something, I guess they could be using these as protection to keep people from writing in the wet cement or something. But that seems like a pricey way to protect wet cement.
    Unless the prep-work was already done on the lot when they did the other structure, knowing they may need to build a second one eventually???

I know it's been rumored that they will be building a 2nd structure, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great photos MG! I'm so excited about TSM!!!

• My Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Unless the prep-work was already done on the lot when they did the other structure, knowing they may need to build a second one eventually???

I know it's been rumored that they will be building a 2nd structure, but I didn't think it would be this soon.
    The way they're placed, one is sitting right in a drainage channel, I'm pretty sure things aren't ready to just starting pouring concrete. I could see them protecting something more than being ready to pour concrete, but who knows. They seem pretty precisely placed every three or so parking spaces. If they were for a permenant structure, they would be placed based on a different scheme than the existing stripes on ashpalt. I went back and looked again, and they seem a little short for parking structure supports. The dashed line you see at the top of the tube in the second picture is a foot marker for workers to follow when cutting the tubes to length. I'm betting they're just there to protect something.

Can't wait going this weekend! we're hoping to get to ride TSMM if we beg...

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Very nice photos and commentary (like always)!

Looking forward to the Sleeping Beauty walk-through.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Thanks for the updates!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Fancy that...

thanks for the update! Your pictures are beautiful, TSMM looks amazing also

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

WOW photography! The clarity/sharpness is incredible! Nice subject matter too....
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I can't wait for the castle walk-thru to open back up! Is there a date for completion?
    I remember Al saying in one of his updates that it could be open this late summer or early fall! So we're looking at August/September, I think.
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast