Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    These things were out in the Pinocchio lot




    To me this are form for post (Lights or pillar)
    If Piller for a Tent?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Does anyone else think that that lamp in the living room scene looks kinda like a Hidden Mickey?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Leandro
    Posts
    1,797

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Thanks for sharing with all of us. It's always nice to get a little peak at something new.

  4. #19

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,997

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Looking great. Thanks for a stellar update MG!

  5. #20

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    These things were out in the Pinocchio lot




    To me this are form for post (Lights or pillar)
    If Piller for a Tent?

    Not sure what they are for, but they are concrete forming tubes, also known as sono tubes. Tubes this size are usually reserved for holding up something like an overpass. If they're pouring this much concrete, they're making a parking structure or something. Although that seems unlikely without any prepwork to the asphalt underneath them. The sono tubes are pretty weather resistant and make good temporary pillars for parties. But they would need to be decorated up to match a theme. I use smaller ones in my halloween decorations. If they've gone through and poured new concrete bases for lighting fixtures or something, I guess they could be using these as protection to keep people from writing in the wet cement or something. But that seems like a pricey way to protect wet cement.

  6. #21

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    I can't wait for the castle walk-thru to open back up! Is there a date for completion?
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  7. #22

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    Not sure what they are for, but they are concrete forming tubes, also known as sono tubes. Tubes this size are usually reserved for holding up something like an overpass. If they're pouring this much concrete, they're making a parking structure or something. Although that seems unlikely without any prepwork to the asphalt underneath them. The sono tubes are pretty weather resistant and make good temporary pillars for parties. But they would need to be decorated up to match a theme. I use smaller ones in my halloween decorations. If they've gone through and poured new concrete bases for lighting fixtures or something, I guess they could be using these as protection to keep people from writing in the wet cement or something. But that seems like a pricey way to protect wet cement.
    Unless the prep-work was already done on the lot when they did the other structure, knowing they may need to build a second one eventually???

    I know it's been rumored that they will be building a 2nd structure, but I didn't think it would be this soon.


  8. #23

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    29,568 steps from DLR
    Posts
    8,326

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Great photos MG! I'm so excited about TSM!!!

  9. #24

    • My Haunted Mansion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    82

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Unless the prep-work was already done on the lot when they did the other structure, knowing they may need to build a second one eventually???

    I know it's been rumored that they will be building a 2nd structure, but I didn't think it would be this soon.
    The way they're placed, one is sitting right in a drainage channel, I'm pretty sure things aren't ready to just starting pouring concrete. I could see them protecting something more than being ready to pour concrete, but who knows. They seem pretty precisely placed every three or so parking spaces. If they were for a permenant structure, they would be placed based on a different scheme than the existing stripes on ashpalt. I went back and looked again, and they seem a little short for parking structure supports. The dashed line you see at the top of the tube in the second picture is a foot marker for workers to follow when cutting the tubes to length. I'm betting they're just there to protect something.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Las vegas nv
    Posts
    178

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Can't wait going this weekend! we're hoping to get to ride TSMM if we beg...

  11. #26

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pandemonium Fortress
    Posts
    31,544

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Very nice photos and commentary (like always)!

    Looking forward to the Sleeping Beauty walk-through.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

  12. #27

    • formerly PretzelSouls!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    805,CA
    Posts
    4,772

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Thanks for the updates!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau


  13. #28

    • Fancy that...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,311

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    thanks for the update! Your pictures are beautiful, TSMM looks amazing also

  14. #29

    •   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pacific NorthWest
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    WOW photography! The clarity/sharpness is incredible! Nice subject matter too....
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

  15. #30

    • Now 40% less bitter!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA.
    Posts
    1,394

    Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I can't wait for the castle walk-thru to open back up! Is there a date for completion?
    I remember Al saying in one of his updates that it could be open this late summer or early fall! So we're looking at August/September, I think.
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 01:05 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 02:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •