Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hall Of Promise

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    The way they're placed, one is sitting right in a drainage channel, I'm pretty sure things aren't ready to just starting pouring concrete. I could see them protecting something more than being ready to pour concrete, but who knows. They seem pretty precisely placed every three or so parking spaces. If they were for a permenant structure, they would be placed based on a different scheme than the existing stripes on ashpalt. I went back and looked again, and they seem a little short for parking structure supports. The dashed line you see at the top of the tube in the second picture is a foot marker for workers to follow when cutting the tubes to length. I'm betting they're just there to protect something.
    You are very correct about the the readiness of pouring the pillars. They would first need to create footers to support the load. And yes, they wouldn't place support columns based on parking stripes but by proper engineering, which factors in more than just car placement but most importantly load placement.

Also, the first level of the structure would need to be high enough to allow the clearance of large vehicles, such as buses and trailers, and those tubes do not look to be the necessary 14 or 15 feet.

But this is all just potential hearsay. I bet they are just conducting a survey for a future structure. This lot, as well as a few others are considered prime locations for future parking structures. This location is expected to carry the extra parking for when Downtown Disney expands into the current Downtown Disney surface parking area.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/6: Midway Mania! - Queue, merch, fun! Also- Castle walk-thru, +MO

AWESOME pics. Thanx 4 sharing.

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Thanks for the update, nice pics. Looking forward to riding it this summer.

• Anywhere From Here

Thanks for the update!
    No one's intended to die
    with their heart still intact.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I've never seen that before where everything is covered except for the clock tower. Great shots of Midway Mania!

All around great pics and updates MG!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Pennies View Post
    The way they're placed, one is sitting right in a drainage channel, I'm pretty sure things aren't ready to just starting pouring concrete. I could see them protecting something more than being ready to pour concrete, but who knows. They seem pretty precisely placed every three or so parking spaces. If they were for a permenant structure, they would be placed based on a different scheme than the existing stripes on ashpalt. I went back and looked again, and they seem a little short for parking structure supports. The dashed line you see at the top of the tube in the second picture is a foot marker for workers to follow when cutting the tubes to length. I'm betting they're just there to protect something.
    at the end of the day (these pictures were taken) half of the tubes were gone... there was nothing under them. it was like they were using them as markers for something... There were CM's (suits) out checking things out...
    Lighting would be a good guess... cuz there aren't any lights out there and it can get kinda dark out there ...
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Is there a place for Umbrellas and stuff? I can't imagine standing in that direct sunlight for any length of time in the middle of the Summer. Hopefully they learned their lesson with Nemo.
    I guess great minds think alike!!! This is almost word for word what MasterGracey said while standing in line for TSMM!! hahaha
    I had a deja vu moment!! That will be a huge problem because the pier is always so hot anyway... this is going to be so uncomfortable!! And when you have to stand inside the queue, the air can get pretty stale... even with the fans on! I can hear the complaints now... and talk of heat stroke this summer!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    These things were out in the Pinocchio lot

To me this are form for post (Lights or pillar)
    If Piller for a Tent?
    Darkbeer have post this.
    Disney's California Adventure will host its first Triathlon, in association with Danskin. Competitors will actually swim in the Paradise Pier lake prior to the park opening
    Disney is going to use this parklot to stage the triathion. Look at the spacing is the right size of tent poles.
    also you are right may use to make good temporary pillars for parties.

I had stop typing and get to work.
    also is the DCA lagoon going be use for.
    Lots of buoys in the water -- possibly for World of Color planning?

going use use it for the swimming part:

I did some eary post about Danskin Triathlon.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 06-09-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    I remember Al saying in one of his updates that it could be open this late summer or early fall! So we're looking at August/September, I think.
    Thank you!!! I can't wait to see it again.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Senior Minion

Great update, and thanks for showing all the TSMM Merchandise!

Great Update Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123