View Poll Results: Should they use this idea i have?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they should use this idea

7 15.22%
  • No they should not use this idea

36 78.26%
  • I have a different idea and will post it below XD

3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: Should they do my idea or not?

1: They should do something up there. "Nothing" looks like really Bad Show to those of us who remember.

2: They can't just put the Rocket Rods cars backi up there and set them to "Slow" - they were all removed, stripped for parts, and the bodies crushed/shredded. They aren't coming back in that form.

3: But they could build new cars more like PeopleMover that use the same power rails and guide track system, and command & control computer system they used for Rocket Rods - if they are going slow, zone incursions are not nearly the concern.

They used to bunch up the PeopleMover trains at the Unload and Load station by deliberately letting them bump and remove slack between trains as they came in. But the rear one was only moving a few inches per second faster.

4: Now you have to come up with a theme and design that is excitiing enough that Disney can sell to a Corporate Sponsor for a large sponsorship fee, like the Disney built "Ford Magic Skyway" at the 1964 New York Worlds Fair. And popular enough they can advertise to drive extra attendance into the parks. Tackle THAT problem and it could happen.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• =)

I'm game for a complete redesign, one that involves futuristic-looking vehicles traveling a bit faster than the PM, but not so fast that the turns require significant deceleration. The Rocket Rods wouldn't be a good match to that sort of speed, visually speaking, but something rather similar to them could be nice.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, I also would prefer something new.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sorry, I don't really like that idea.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Monorail Lover

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I pretty certain he means rocket rods. I could be wrong though.
    you got it right but now that im seeing the responses from everyone it seems stupid in the first place
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't call the idea stupid, it was a clever idea, it just is probably impractical and not really moving forward.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'm game for a complete redesign, one that involves futuristic-looking vehicles traveling a bit faster than the PM, but not so fast that the turns require significant deceleration. The Rocket Rods wouldn't be a good match to that sort of speed, visually speaking, but something rather similar to them could be nice.
    I agree, something with a similar look to rocket rods but gives better seating arrangements for viewing of slower sections (around star tours, space mountain) would be a nice addition to the PM track. The ending part of rocket rods was fun since it was able to speed up for a nice amount of time around autopia and surrounding attractions. With a proper seating arrangement they could put something that was a combination of the two. One that goes slow through star tours & space mountain then speeds up around innoventions, autopia, & subs to a calm ending back around blab and returning to the station.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekong View Post
    you got it right but now that im seeing the responses from everyone it seems stupid in the first place
    UK,

Not a stupid idea at all. In fact, that's what chat boards are for, to kick around ideas. I'm anticipating something on that track too, but I want it done right. Slow moving racecars wouldn't look right. Same way the old people mover cars moving 30 MPH would look out of place too.

Keep the discussions coming! Don't get discouraged.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

On a second thought it is a good idea, but I don't see it coming anytime soon...who knows though.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Knight that says Nee!!

No, not at all...like i said...your idea though not perfect would be a damn site better than the big zero that the tracks are used for now.

(edit: for an example of stupid...see ME thinking that RR meant Railroad cars on the PM platform! OY!! )

• formerly PretzelSouls!

It's not a stupid idea, it is a decently good one.
    Don't be discouraged - Mice Chat is full of different opinions so don't take it personally.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    (edit: for an example of stupid...see ME thinking that RR meant Railroad cars on the PM platform! OY!! )
    Unless they were planning on moving the people mover to Frontierland and putting Railroad cars on the track there.

Sorry GD, I was trying to make your idea not stupid. Didn't work.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Sorry GD, I was trying to make your idea not stupid. Didn't work.
    A herculean task...nice try though!

well hopefully they come up with something for the track at some point

I'm still rather fond of my idea from a few years back Peoplemover, TTA (what to do with the track?)

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

If you want to see what ideas others have come up with, go Google on the term "Personal Rapid Transit" and see. They mostly center around 4 to 10 passenger rubber tired vehicles on a concrete guideway, with electric power and guidance signals supplied by the guideway.

One nifty design has the power busbars and guidance channels on both sides of the track, and the car has two "guide rollers", one on each side with a motor controlling them. If you come to a switch fork and want to stay on the main line the left guide wheel grabs the left wall, and you keep going straight. If you want to make a right onto the spur track the left guide wheel lets go and the right engages, and you turn onto the siding track.
    http://www.smartskyways.com/Technolo...p/vehicle.html

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast