Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Miss Marvel

Midway Mania AP Preview! Lots of Pics

After Shocker-Batman and my grand adventure riding the first sub out of the gate during the Finding Nemo AP Preview, we imagined that our chances of winning the AP Preview drawing for Midway Mania was about zero. But, surprise, surprise, we were selected. But not only were we selected, but again, we received the first time slot of the whole preview!

Now, unlike last time, when we had to be back in LA for work, we had no such restrictions today. So we took a lesirurely morning.

Arriving at the West Information Booth around 11:45 AM, we saw our first sign of the day.

Heading into the park, I stopped by the Cove Bar (which sadly was closed) to take some pictures of the facade.

We then went by Screamin' to obtain a fast pass. (45 minute wait, or come back in 45 minutes? We'll take the fast pass thank you.)

Moving on down the boardwalk...

The Mercantile

...and on to the pre-show.

At this point, I told Batman I was waiting for him to take his ear off. But Batman said he had JUST done it. I missed it! So I told Batman I must have missed it. Two seconds later, Mr. Potato Head takes his ear off again, looking right at me. That's some AMAZING crowd microphones you have there Disney! And thanks to the operator who picked up on our conversation. It was very nice of you to oblige me.

Back to the entrance.

I felt uncomfortable making it obvious I was taking pictures of the cast members, so you'll have to do with this poorly composed paparazzi style shot of the new costumes. (Which, in my opinion, should replace ALL of the Pier's cast member uniforms.)

Into the queue! To be continued...
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 06-09-2008 at 05:26 PM.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Midway Mania AP Preview! Lots of Pics

I WAS THERE!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

• Miss Marvel

Picking up our 3-D glasses.

All of the little bits of theming make a WORLD of difference.

Rounding the corner into the loading area.

Waiting to be assigned a row.

No disco dancing here either.

Theming! THEMING!!!!!!!!

And we're in!

Hmmmm. No caption. I'll let this photo speak for itself.

No one's going to get my...gun? Blaster? Spring loaded shooter? What the heck do we call that thing?

And we're off! To be continued....
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It gets so tiring just trying to work it.........

Fabulous! Pics!
    MORE! MOOOORE!! WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

I hope you guys had fun! I sure did!

• Miss Marvel

Now, it's a little difficult for those of us point and shooters to take good pictures inside the dark rides because of the light levels. This was even more difficult then usual due to the speed and type of movement. Lots of spinning. So please forgive the quality of the pictures inside the ride.

With that caveat, here we go!

Whoops. Off goes the flash now.

How'd the flash turn on again?!

Ah. Back to being a respectable APer.

It, uh, looked crisp on the camera....

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

And we're back "outside," waiting to unload.

And that, my friends, is that. We liked it. We both thought it was MUCH better than Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. In fact, this even prompted Batman to state that he thinks they should rip out Buzz, as it's not needed anymore.

Not an E ticket. Maybe a D ticket. I'd probably give it a C + ticket. Batman originally said E ticket. I then, in shock, accosted him with the list of official E tickets. Pirates! Mansion! TIKI ROOM!!!!! He then asked me what Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin was. (I said D, maybe a C.) Then he asked me what Buzz would be. (I responded with C, maybe D.) He amended his answer to, "It's at least a D."

We went back to the entrance, seeing if the cast members would be so kind to let us ride again. As we walk up, we see a group of people with multiple hole punches on their preview ticket walk right through the entrance, welcomed back by the cast members. (They hole punched your ticket when you picked up your 3D glasses.)

Awesome! As we walk in, we hear one girl tell the cast member that this is her sixth time riding! She must be building quite the forearm muscles; which I have to tell you, were aching after the second ride.

So we decided to use the Screamin' fast passes to give the arms a break. But I was distracted by no line for King Triton's Carousel, which I had never rode before.

Walking to Screamin' from the Carousel...

MaryAnn: *looking up at the Midway Mania facade* It's really beautiful, isn't it?
    Batman: *laughing* Yeah. Kinda stands out, huh? They REALLY need to redo the rest of those crappy Midway booths.

See, Disney. It's not just the rabid fans that notice. The casual fan takes notice as well.

*MaryAnn climbs off the soapbox*

After Screamin' we went back for a third go around. Batman was becoming better every time, while I seemed to be getting worse. This is similar to when we bowl; my arm fatigues in the middle of the second game. I'll bowl about 150 the first game, maybe 100 for the second, then by the third, I'm down to 70. This is while Batman bowls his worst the first game, and is best the last.

So we decided to call it quits after the third go around. My arm was tired, and Batman wanted to try to beat commute traffic.

I bought myself a plush Wheezy, that wheezes when you squeeze him! Batman had an Icee, myself, a soft serve. Bought some sourdough bread from Boudin (YUMMY!) and off we went, back to the city.

And yes, we did beat the traffic. Just barely.

But I'm not done yet! Come back one more time for my EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS FEATURE! There's a little hidden surprise in the exit corridor that I haven't seen pictures of on MiceChat before! Stay tuned...

• Disneyland Grandee

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Couple ?? if you don't mind since I'm going tomorrow. How long was the line wait when you went? We figure everybody and their mother will be there first thing. Also is the check in booth before or after security?

Thanks a bunch.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• Miss Marvel

SUPER BONUS FEATURE!!!

While exiting the ride, the corridor takes you to a balcony inside the Mercantile. On the left, we found this lovely vignette.

On the floor is this.

A nice little surprise. Pretty much the only thing I wasn't expecting. Is this the signal that we're now human sized again? Is it simply a reminder of the subtle plotline that we shrunk to toy size and played in a toy sized game? Or is it an attempt to put Toy Story into a Victorian setting? The answer to all of the above is...I don't bloomin' know.

THE END

• Miss Marvel

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by DizDee View Post
    Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Couple ?? if you don't mind since I'm going tomorrow. How long was the line wait when you went? We figure everybody and their mother will be there first thing. Also is the check in booth before or after security?

Thanks a bunch.
    The wait the first time was practically walk on. The second time was MAYBE three or four minutes.The third time was about seven to eight minutes.

The check in booth is BEFORE security, on your left hand side, RIGHT across from La Brea Bakery.

• Disneyland Grandee

Thank you!
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Waaaay cool! And so was the surprise at the end! Now you say "a balcony," so does that mean, somehow, you're on the second floor?

Very wicked. I'm using your photos to bribe the hubbie that we need to go back out there...so thanks!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Nice!!!! That's awesome!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

do you win anything or is there an on ride photo like buzz?

or do you just shoot and get points?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Question for ya! How long did it take for you to sign up and get on the ride? What time did you show up? I want all the details!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast