Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

The Mickey Loop and the Sun Face

While I am on the tangent of "things that bother or interest me" I thought I would comment on this. I had read somewhere that there is the potential to remove the Mickey from Screamin' but keep the loop. I am not sure how those on here feel about this, personally I am on the fence. I see that as a very cheesy promotion (no pun intended) but at the same time it is also a bit of a landmark that graces countless advertisements and vacation photos.

The other discussion was the possible removal of the Sun Wheel face. This face basically matches the face on the PP logo. I can't say I'd miss it, but it made me think of something.

The Sun Wheel has these distinct "rays" which rotate with the wheel giving the Sun Face that classic "Sunmaid Raisins" type look (or if you insist Raisin Bran). It also looks a lot like the old opening to the classic Disney cartoons. SO... how about taking down the Screamin Mickey, and the Sun Face, and erecting a shot of Steamboat Willie's face, allowing the sun rays to resemble the intro to the majority of the classic openings. I realize this would be somewhat out of place, because Steamboat Willie didn't open with this scene (I believe they started this in the 50's with the Mickey shorts) but I was wondering everyone else's thoughts.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: The Mickey Loop and the Sun Face

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    While I am on the tangent of "things that bother or interest me" I thought I would comment on this. I had read somewhere that there is the potential to remove the Mickey from Screamin' but keep the loop. I am not sure how those on here feel about this, personally I am on the fence. I see that as a very cheesy promotion (no pun intended) but at the same time it is also a bit of a landmark that graces countless advertisements and vacation photos.

The other discussion was the possible removal of the Sun Wheel face. This face basically matches the face on the PP logo. I can't say I'd miss it, but it made me think of something.

The Sun Wheel has these distinct "rays" which rotate with the wheel giving the Sun Face that classic "Sunmaid Raisins" type look (or if you insist Raisin Bran). It also looks a lot like the old opening to the classic Disney cartoons. SO... how about taking down the Screamin Mickey, and the Sun Face, and erecting a shot of Steamboat Willie's face, allowing the sun rays to resemble the intro to the majority of the classic openings. I realize this would be somewhat out of place, because Steamboat Willie didn't open with this scene (I believe they started this in the 50's with the Mickey shorts) but I was wondering everyone else's thoughts.
    You mean, like this?

EDIT: Here's the link to the page that appeared on - a blog article from January talking about rumored/suggested changes for DCA.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think the loop in Screamin is somewhat of a landmark to that park, I hope it stays. I do not object to seeing the sun wheel change at all, though it does look really neat all lit up at night the way it is now. If they do keep the loop Mickey, I do not see the sun wheel also having a Mickey. They will do one or the other but not both, that would be really redundant.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
    You mean, like this?

EDIT: Here's the link to the page that appeared on - a blog article from January talking about rumored/suggested changes for DCA.
    Wow... really makes me wonder how much WDI reads these boards when you consider how many complaints are reflected in that blog... including bringing back Flying Saucers!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Hello

Cool Re: The Mickey Loop and the Sun Face

Go Raisin Bran!!!

I mean, cool idea!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I already think CA Screaming looks tacky enough that a Mickey Head in the loop doesn't take away from its already "meh" look. I really am against a Mickey Face on the Sun Wheel. That would be another link in the chain of "We F'd up when we built DCA".

• =)

In the context of what Screamin' is--a thoroughly non-Disneyish coaster that nevertheless manages to be very fun--I don't especially mind the loop and Mickey Mouse head. No, it sure doesn't look the way a Disney park should, but removing the Mickey Mouse head and leaving the rest of the coaster as-is would be a little strange, in my opinion.

That would be another link in the chain of "We F'd up when we built DCA".
    The first step is admitting you have a problem...

• Sock Puppet

why don't they move the mickey head from Screamin' and put it on the sun wheel.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The first step is admitting you have a problem...
    That is known as DCAA.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

If I remember correctly, the plan is to put the Mickey head on the Sunwheel (See PleaseRemainSeated's post) and put a new Paradise Pier logo where the Mickey Head on Screamin' is.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    That is known as DCAA.
    Yup, DCAA (Disney Crapification Addicts Anonymous) should be mandated for all those who wish to join the administrative side of Disney...

I kid, I kid. I'm sure there are some people at TDA who know what they're doing.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yup, DCAA (Disney Crapification Addicts Anonymous) should be mandated for all those who wish to join the administrative side of Disney...

I kid, I kid. I'm sure there are some people at TDA who know what they're doing.
    HEY!

Have YOU been to any other parks in your life??

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Here's the concept art that was posted (Available in the MiceChat DCA Project Tracker thread, BTW).
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Sock Puppet

That looks pretty cool.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by aashee
    Have YOU been to any other parks in your life??
    Yup, and they're so far beyond help that I don't spend all my time discussing them online.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast