Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: Grad Nite (I need answers quick guys!!!!)

Disneyland isn't Disneyland on Grad Night.... The atmosphere is replaced with the immature kids yelling over one another, and bad music. Cast Members aren't as nice because they don't want to put up with stupidity. A whole lot of things are closed, and you need to put up with a whole lot of superficial, self concerned, disrespectful, adolescents.

Disneyland, just isn't Disneyland on Grad Night. I'd rather put up with the larger crowds and mothers hitting me with prams during the day, with all the Disney additives, then what you get at a Grad Night.

• Minion

I wasn't able to go to Grad Night but if I had the opportunity I would have gone. I wouldn't expect Disneyland to be Disneyland on grad night. After all is my friends that are the most important reason of going.
    Jeff Wayne

I had fun last night. Alot of fun actually. Gradnites arent like your typical disneyland because its supposed to be a party. Being all happy disney wouldnt be too much fun for a lot of kids out there.

And another one tonight. yay!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I tried to explain why I didn't like it to my friends: If Disneyland isn't Disneyland (or at least close to it, like with Moonlit Madness) then I feel like something is wrong in the universe. I'm glad I went, I would have kicked myself if I hadn't, but it wasn't worth very little sleep and ankle/back pain for four Fantasyland rides, one empty POTC rides, and one JC ride where the kids on the boat weren't even listening and were talking over the skipper.
    I dunno. It was just a lot of elements that night that could have been different that added up to me not having a whole lot of fun, only about half of which being related to the experience itself. Oh well, it's not for me, I guess, lol.

Oh and someone stole my MiceChat 3rd Anniversary meet nametag, whic didn't help much.
    dreams. come. true.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    cuz foothill is retarded lol!!!!!!
    Just because I graduated from there doesn't make it true for everyone...

Sorry your Grad Night was not as happy as it could have been, BHP.

I didn't even go to it when it was my turn. I was just "too cool". But I do regret not going and seeing the place free of strollers for a little while.
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Collision speed....FULL!

After reading this thread, I'm starting to have doubts about my Grad Nite (which is tonight).

I think I just need to go in expecting it to be not that great with the crowds and stupid people; and then if its actually good, then great, if not, not a big disappointment. I used this technique when I saw Indy 4, thinking it was going to be crap, but it turned out better than I thought.

You have to go in expecting a party. That's what it is. You can go to Disneyland any time, but it's once in a lifetime to experience it like it is on Grad Nite.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    After reading this thread, I'm starting to have doubts about my Grad Nite (which is tonight).

I think I just need to go in expecting it to be not that great with the crowds and stupid people; and then if its actually good, then great, if not, not a big disappointment. I used this technique when I saw Indy 4, thinking it was going to be crap, but it turned out better than I thought.
    Go in thinking you are going to have the best time of your life, if you don't - don't be disappointed...just TRY to have fun, if you believe that you are having fun there is more likely of a chance you will.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Happy graduation!
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    DONT SCREW IT UP! and tell everyone you know that too! My school got banned about two years ago for something or other, don't exactly know what... so it ruined it for all of us graduating this year!
    Luckily, it didn't happen to my class, but I did hear that my old school got banned from going due to the previous seniors doing something stupid.

• FastPass n00b

Ah c'mon people! Some of you sound like those rain-on-the-parade people who point out everything "unrealistic" in movies like Rambo and fantasy-based movies. That's not the point of entertainment...the point is to *enjoy* yourself and not worry about details and how it's not absolutely perfect. If you learn to just let go and have some fun, things are so much better.

I hate loud music and dancing and screaming people, but that night was the last night I'd be in high school. Nothing in the world could've dampened that for me...nothing. I also loved the atmosphere and really got into it the whole night. It was probably one of the best nights of my entire adult life.

You don't see people going to Las Vegas and complaining about how hot it is or how bad the traffic is on the Strip. They go to have a good time and ignore the minor setbacks. Every single fun event has inconveniences, you can't help that. But you can keep an open mind, set out to enjoy it and have a blast.

My gosh, what I wouldn't give to be 18, have one more night of high school left and visit Disneyland Grad Nite again. As an adult, I can never get that experience back. Being 18 is the one time in our lives where we are still naive and ignorant (no offense intended), and yet have complete control over our lives. It's a potent combination that never returns again. After you become more seasoned through knowledge and life experience, you still have the control over your life, but those kinds of events lose their appeal and you turn to new forms of entertainment. You can't undo experience and knowledge and there's just no going back to the way things were. Getting older is not unpleasant by any means, it's just a different phase of life. It's just SO much different, and fun, when your 18 and attend Disneyland Grad Nite. Those of you who have yet to experience this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity: Do it!
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-12-2008 at 04:23 PM.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Luckily, it didn't happen to my class, but I did hear that my old school got banned from going due to the previous seniors doing something stupid.
    Same thing happened with me Dan. My school was banned for the same thing a few years before I graduated. I want to say it was some kids throwing stuff out of the Monorail.

What can I say? In a sense I can't blame them. It was Corona del Mar High School -- a bunch of spoiled Orange County rich kids who could go to Disneyland any time they wanted to. I'm sure a lot of them would have rather been somewhere else than stuck in Disneyland all night long!

• Laughing Last..

Considering my GRAD night was 30 some years ago, I forget. All I remember was waiting in the bus in the am for the last of our students that got stuck on the newly opened Space Mountain. It went down with about 6 of my fellow classmates on it and they had to sit there and wait for approximately an hour before getting going again. The rest, I don't know......

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What can I say? In a sense I can't blame them. It was Corona del Mar High School -- a bunch of spoiled Orange County rich kids who could go to Disneyland any time they wanted to. I'm sure a lot of them would have rather been somewhere else than stuck in Disneyland all night long!
    You can't blame them? Really? Nobody makes you go to Disneyland for Grad Nite.
    A signature should go here.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    You can't blame them? Really? Nobody makes you go to Disneyland for Grad Nite.
    Yah, but don't they lock you in? I think many parents would rather their kids go to Disneyland than go to some random party where they could be exposed to drugs ro alcohol and get hurt or in trouble.

Obviously the kids who got my school kicked out would rather have been somewhere else.

So my grad night was held in our high school gym. And they didn't let us leave unless there was an emergency, verified by calling a pre-selected contact person. I would think Disneyland's policy is the same?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast