Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Grad Nite (I need answers quick guys!!!!)

I'm going to Grad Nite tonight and I was wondering how crazy it gets and if there are any tips y'all can give me about it...

I'm leaving to go take a walk across a stage in a robe and mortarboard to recieve my diploma in an hour and after that ceremony I get to go to Grad Nite, so if anyone could give me info by 6:15 tonight that'd be great....
    dreams. come. true.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Re: Grad Nite (I need answers quick guys!!!!)

It's going to be incredibly busy. Make sure you dress appropriately for the weather and the fact that it's a walking/standing park. Keep yourself hydrated, fed, and out of trouble!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Minion

Keep your nose and other parts clean.

Disney has zero tolerance for shenanigans and CM's are empowered to show a bit of disrespect where disrespect is due.

Really, just go to have fun and not try and get away with anything and you'll be fine. Might try to take a bit of a break mid-morning as a lot of the kids start running out of gas by sunrise.

And don't overeat too much. Comes back (and often up) to get you.

• =)

I haven't been, but I assume it's very hectic. Keep a level head, have fun, keep hydrated, as LittlePrincess said, and don't do anything stupid or associate yourself with people doing stupid stuff. Kids have died at Grad Night before simply because they switched their brains off once those brains got them through high school.

Again, have a great time! Just be smart.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

It's crazy. I was so crowded with a bunch of people. There was so much body heat against me and I was like a fish out of water (couldn't breathe). I felt like I could have just passed out back then.
    Last edited by Hayley B; 06-11-2008 at 06:43 PM.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. I'm in the middle of doing my hair and I freaked cos I have no idea what to expect. If you've met me you know I'm pretty level-headed.
    dreams. come. true.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

It will be crowded, oh so very crowded. Don't expect to get on a lot, ride lines probably will be hectic. Stay out of trouble, and remember...what happens at grad night doesn't always stay at grad night...believe me!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

The CM don't put up with rude people like they do during the day, though they also have a lot more fun. I know while Small World was open, CMs would hide and scare boats that passed them. Though as others have pointed out, stay out of trouble, and if your friends are getting into it, walk away from them. If you're in the group that gets busted, you'll be asked to leave as well. Best to walk away if you see your friends doing something not so respectful.

Have fun with respect to property, Disney, and others!!

• Senior Minion

Back when I went it really wasn't that busy, it was busy but not unusually so. Like others said, Dis keeps a pretty tight lid on things, so it's not exactly wild, but I had a great time. Have fun and be safe!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Oh and luckily the group I'm going with are all hardcore Disney fans (one other in the group is on MC but doesn't post often)....My only real "troublemaking" plan was to stand in front of Mansion and, every time I see an amourous couple start to get into line, say loudly how there are like 20 cameras on the ride. But I'm not sure I can get kicked out for that, haha.
    dreams. come. true.

• Goofy

Have a good time at grad nite. But don't expect to go on alot of rides, because in 2002 my friend and I only rode 5 rides. and also you are going to feel like a little dwarf compare to alot 6 feet people lol I know i felt so small. But I had a great time. Congratulations bellhop princess on your graduation. Have a blast.

• Senior Minion

You'd be fine doing stuff like that, just no booze, drugs, fighting, cutting in line, cussing, nudity, destroying property, pretty much behavior that is obviously not ok in almost any circumstance.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

And always remember: DISNEY IS A FAMILY PARK, NOT A PARK TO CREATE A FAMILY!!!!

Oh, and, ummmmm................ no hanky panky at HISTA!! You don't want to explain any "marks" when you get home, do ya???

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Pt2:
    Oh, and common sense is your friend.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• E T1CK3T

DONT SCREW IT UP! and tell everyone you know that too! My school got banned about two years ago for something or other, don't exactly know what... so it ruined it for all of us graduating this year!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast