Thread: Summer Fun Pass

• Sock Puppet

Summer Fun Pass

If you didn't already know, the Summer Fun Pass will be sold at select grocery stores in southern California. It is sold for $99 for a 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket. I think they will start selling them on the 16th of June. My question is if a relative in Los Angeles could buy them for my family and I? Also, will they give me the actual ticket or will I have to exchange it at the ticket booth.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Summer Fun Pass

Back in December I bought So Cal Park Hopper tickets at Stater Bros. for my daughter and her fiance. They never asked to see their ID when they used them.

When you buy them at the grocery store, that is the actual "ticket" you use to get into the park. It becomes "active" as soon as they scan it at the turnstile. You don't have to exchange it at the ticket booth, just take it to the turnstile and they will scan it. I don't remember if they print out a paper ticket to give you also... I think they might and you would use those in the fastpass machines.

I'm sure someone can clarify that last part for me!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

Let me explain the situation some more. I'm 15 and I live in central California and i'm going to visit my relatives in Los Angeles this July. My parents want to drop just me and my brother at Disneyland for a couple days. Will they ask for proof of residence at the grocery store or at the turnstiles? Cause if they do it at the store my uncle will be able to do it, but at the gates they might not. But then, since it's just me and my younger brother, they might not ask if they ask at the gate. How about the 2fer? Did they ask at the gate for proof of residence?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

When I bought the tickets at Staters they never asked me anything, or asked for proof of where I lived. Of course, it was my local store.

When my kids used the tickets they just scanned them and sent them on their way. I was with them with my AP but they never asked them where they were from, if they had ID or if they were with me or anything.

A while back a this question or one very similar came up, and a CM that deals with this stuff came in and basically said Disney really doesn't have an issue with locals buying the tickets for family members. Its a body through the gate as as such income for them.

I wish I had bookmarked that post... maybe I can find it later.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I'm wishing

OK, this was really frustrating....

I have friends coming in town today. I saw this deal and thought it was perfect for them, 3 days for $99 is a great deal compared to $169 online. I told them not to get the online ticket and to wait. I was told the $99 tickets would be at Disney Stores and supermarkets before the 16th (the first day for eligible use). So I called over the weekend and they said they should have them by Monday. Then I called today and no one (no local grocery stores or Disney stores) has received them yet!!

My friends got into town today and are planning their first two days for Tuesday and Wednesday (the 17th and 18th) and I feel terrible because I told them they could get 3 whole day for $99, now they can only get one for that price.

I called Disneyland (waited on hold twice for almost 20 minutes each)and was told they had nothing to do with it, they don't sell those tickets and (for some reason) weren't responsible for the stores not getting them on time. They also didn't offer any sort of replacement offer, or even offer another possible available discount, or any other alternate suggestion, they just said we'd have to buy our tickets at the gate in the morning.

Not sure what they'll do now....

Quote Originally Posted by jl559 View Post
    Let me explain the situation some more. I'm 15 and I live in central California and i'm going to visit my relatives in Los Angeles this July. My parents want to drop just me and my brother at Disneyland for a couple days. Will they ask for proof of residence at the grocery store or at the turnstiles? Cause if they do it at the store my uncle will be able to do it, but at the gates they might not. But then, since it's just me and my younger brother, they might not ask if they ask at the gate. How about the 2fer? Did they ask at the gate for proof of residence?
    I live in Porterville and we are considered "southern california" even though we acually live in central california. So it might not even be a problem.

JulieMouse, I'm frustrated right with you. I am going this weekend with a friend, and was figuring on us getting the $99 tickets. I just got back from driving around town and NONE of the grocery stores I went to (4 so far) have them yet.
    If I can't find them by Friday morning, I'm going to Costco to get the Play 4 Days for $139. No park hopping, but a good price.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Currently the word is that these are a few of the only local markets that have the Summer Fun Pass so far... there are others that already have them (based on reports from the "other" board, but one person reported that their store was having problems activating the plastic card ticket), and the rest will get them on Friday. I don't know about the local Disney Stores, military MWRs, local school ASBs, or corporate HR departments.

Food4Less
    1616 W Katella Ave.
    Anaheim CA 92802

Food4Less
    2009 W 1st Street
    Santa Ana CA 92703

Vons
    3650 S Bristol St.
    Santa Ana CA 92607

The South Coast Plaza Disney Desk (located halfway down the Bloomingdale's wing of the Plaza) should already have the ticket available for purchase as of 10am today. What's so great about the SCP Disney Desk? Well, it's open from 12pm to 9pm and also it's a PAPER ticket, which means that it doesn't have to be "activated" since it's been reported that some stores are having problems activating the plastic card tickets.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-17-2008 at 03:44 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

For the issue of locals buying the SoCal Resident tickets for their Guests, there is no issue. As long as the person buying the ticket(s) is a SoCal Resident (and the supermarket locations SHOULD be checking IDs for the appropriate zip code range), then they can give them or purchase them for non-SoCal Residents. That is the reason why there's always a purchase limit of six or eight per ID. This does not just apply for the Summer Fun Pass, but for all SoCal Resident branded tickets.

Same goes with the Summer Fun Pass, as long as the purchaser is a SoCal Resident (can show ID with a zip code within 90000 and 93599), then they can give them to their Guests to use.

You can use the $99 value on this ticket to use to upgrade to a NEW Annual Passport (cannot use it to upgrade an existing one or to renew), but I'm sure if a non-SoCal Resident using this ticket wants to upgrade to a SoCal Select or SoCal AP, then the CMs at the Bank on Main Street will ask to see the upgrader's ID... if they are not a SoCal Resident, then their only option for upgrading would be a Deluxe or a Premium.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 06-17-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    Burnt Toast

Thanks for the info Burnt Toast, hopefully stores in my area will have them before we head up to Disneyland.

And if anyone in San Diego County has seen these $99 tickets, please post where you saw them!

Woo Hoo! I was finally able to get the $99 Summer Fun Pass! I got it at the Disney Store in Carlsbad. So for those looking, call up your local Disney Store.

• I'm wishing

It's a great deal, I just wish I would have been available for my friends visit (the 17th and 18th) as advertised. I visited several grocery stores, then finally started calling Disney stores and grocery stores from home on the 16th. GR at Disneyland said they knew of one store that had them - Vons in Anaheim, they gave me the number, but when I called they said they didn't have them yet either.

My friends paid more for 2 days and don't get a possible third visit later in the summer....

Glad to hear they are available now.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Just FYI, y'all... the Galleria at Tyler in Riverside will also have a temporary Disney Desk installed near Bloomingdale's (I think) for the next few months. The Desk grand opens on July 1st and will also have the Summer Fun Pass at that location.
    Burnt Toast

Quote Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
    And if anyone in San Diego County has seen these $99 tickets, please post where you saw them!
    We sell them at the Ralphs I work at (in Mira Mesa, off the 15).
    Last edited by DeliriumTrigger; 06-21-2008 at 08:24 PM.