Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• living to haunt

6 months early or 6 months late?

You can decide!

Two grandparents, one daughter, and three grandchildren headed off to a magic place. They left in the families special van...

Now on the way to this magic place the family decided to spend the night on the top of a high mountain, otherwise known as the HWY 5 grapevine. Well during the night the snow fairies came and left a surprise...

What good are snowballs if you can't throw them at Grandma while she is taking another picture...

We all arrive at the wonderful Grand California Hotel and are greeted with this stunning doorway...

We were very hungry, and the kids wanted into the park...NOW~! so off we went to a place we had heard so much about on MC...

After some drinks and snacks we were ready to head into DCA. First we had to get by the mean bears...

Once we cleared the bears we headed on into the park. How nice it was no lines, crowds, nothing just walk right in! The first place we stopped at that we had never done was the bear outdoor area for the kids. They had rope ladders and climbing rocks, and all sorts of things...

We loved the wooden carved animals and their stories. The kids also enjoyed reading all about them.

Then it was all about taking the log slide and playing around...

Then when they were done it was time to hang on Grandpa for some rest...

More to come of day 1!! By the way if I didn't tell you before this is very photo heavy!!! Almost to the breaking point!!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Goofy

Re: 6 months early or 6 months late?

awww nice trip report.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Great TR! Thanks for sharing and keep them coming!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report so far, can't wait to see more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• living to haunt

So once we were finished with the bear play area,ok it closed and we were booted! We went down to the board walk. Now I am not a roller coaster fan...period! Mulholland Madness looked like fun so I took the middle GC and on we went...WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! There are no pictures because I could not pry my fingers from the the OH #(#*@* BAR if you paid me. Mind you the GC is scared to death and I am trying to keep it together.
    So after that fun ride...we went to the game side of the area. Again a place we had never been. We gave each of the GC enough to play two games each. We found out that the GD has a pretty good throwing arm, as seen by the dolphin Mom is holding in this photo...

We then walked over to the cove bar to find it...closed! So we decided it had been a long day so back to the hotel for dinner and sleep. Well it was not that easy for there in the lobby of the hotel was the man in red himself. So pictures had to be taken and lists had to be told...

Now it was time to go up and get some sleep...

DAY 2

We were heading straight for DL, there was no stopping the kids. Our first stop is always the wave to Walt...

Then it was off to a windy breakfast at the Carnation Cafe. It was very windy but we held on to our menus and had a wonderful breakfast.

From there it was time for tradition...The ride around the park on the train. This was a trip of firsts for this family and this was number one. As we approached the train was just leaving and the young lady CM that was there was open for a chat. I asked, in my nicest MC'er manner, about the Lilly Belle and the possibility of getting a ride. No problem she said as long as we were willing to wait. We showed the kids all the stuff there in the Main St. Station and told them all about the Lilly Belle. The CM was great filling in things we did not know.

And then the big moment came. The GC were so good I was thrilled! They asked all sorts of questions and the CM was surprised at how much they knew about Walt and the park. Here are the pictures of that special trip...

The ride was wonderful, and yes we went straight to City Hall and put in a good word for our Cast Member!

One of the families favorite rides is the HM! And the holiday layout is great since we are also huge NBC fans. So we made many a trip into the ride. Here are the first photos of the first days ride...

There will be more of these later on the night trip through. Next stop was the ETR!! The kids love it, I love it, and Grandpa loves it! So in we went. Only a few pictures since I always get caught up in the show...

I don't care how old it gets, or how not fancy it is, it is still one of the greats! Plus it is cool inside!

More to come....
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Cute!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• living to haunt

As I said before this trip was a trip of firsts! Here is the second of the great events. We had lunch at the Launching Pad in TL. The kids did great eating there lunch with no idea of what was to come...

Thanks to all the information I had found and learned here on MiceChat I was all set for the Training lesson coming up. Without telling them I walked them down to the blue line and asked them if they wanted to see a show. No problem...

I keep forgetting they can read and it was no time before they worked out what was happening. I warned them that not all kids get picked so not to be upset, just enjoy the show...

First to come out was the trainer...oh I am sorry Master...

Then the helpers to pick the students...

We were thrilled when the middle grandchild was choosen. He is usually not picked so he was thrilled. Now he is not the quietest kid in the world...ok he is nuts, but he was so excited about this that he didn't move unless they told him...

I love this shot. The way the teachers hand is on his arm sort of reminds me of the statue of Walt and Mickey...

Then the bad guys show up...

When they told them they were going to fight Darth Vadar I thought he was going to bust a gut he was so thrilled. If not for the pictures I would never have believed he could hold that still for that long, but then his time came...

At the end they all get a group picture. It is so well done and the kids feel so special afterwards. This is really a wonderful display of Disneys talent.

From there it was Star Wars time. This was the first time for the youngest and he barely was tall enough...OK he was up on his heels. He loved it! We went on it twice and then it was time for a purchase of light sabers for all our little jedis. From there it was Buzz time. The ride is great and everyone had a blast shooting at the targets. We grabbed a fast pass for later and caught a quick picture of Buzz...

Day three next. Hope I am not boring you to much!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

DAY THREE

This was the day we were hoping to get to meet a few MCer's at the hub. We wanted to get there early so we stopped for breakfast at the Storytellers Cafe at the hotel. What a great time we all had. We made sure to make it our breakfast spot.

For those of you that have not gone before it is well worth it! The buffet is wonderful, but the one on one with the characters is GREAT! We had so much fun and it is nice that they do different activities to keep the kids busy why you enjoy that last cup of coffee.

What was really fun is that my daughter was chatting about something and said a bad word...what she didn't know is that she had someone behind her. He quickly gave her a lecuture on bad words. It was so funny!

We decided to take a new path to the park, so we climbed aboard the monorail and enjoyed a front seat with the captain.

Yet another first for the kids! We climbed off in TL and headed for the hub. We were worried we might miss our new friend. Pictures of the hub, Walt and Mickey, and our friend next.
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Did you know that this conductor

is a MiceChatter?
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Matt! You're giving away her secret identity!!

Wonderful report so far! How great to be able to spend so many days there with family and enjoying the parks together!!

Looking forward to seeing more!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

This is great ! I've yet to do my own Dec. 07 trip report and photos. I'm thinking of putting my 07 photos and doing a belated trip report late next month, as part of a 'Christmas in July' celebration !

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Did you know that this conductor

is a MiceChatter?
    Well I hope she reads this post and comes on and says HI! She was one of the best represenatives of Disney that one could ask for! Thanks for letting me know!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

THE HUB AND OUR NEW FRIEND!

We did not want to miss anyone so we headed towards the hub. We were so lucky that SorcererMickey met up with us. Brady thank you for all the information you told us, and all the great stories. Next time we will have to find time to talk some more. Here are some pictures at the hub, and then another first for the family!

What would any trip report be without this picture! I love the flowers around them.

This is the gang, and trust me one of the few times you will ever see a picture of me.

The castle looked great with the snow. The kids loved it and the fact that the Matterhorn has snow helps the visual effect.

Now with SocererMickey with us we headed for Fantasy land and some quick rides and a snack.

This is the garland that was all around the room. I have to say Disney does not slack off on the details when it comes to themeing. It is wonderful to see all the little touches that make is special. I still love the murals on the walls.

After lunch it was off to...
    Casey Jones Train and one monkey in the cage!

Then on to visit a wooden puppet and his friends...

Then the big adventure. Grandma, SocererMickey, and GD wanted to go on the Mark Twain, but the rest of the family said no! We went anyway and thanks to SocererMickey who ran up ahead, caught the captain, and asked if a young one could man the wheel, we proceded up to the wheel house. This was a first for my grandaughter and also for ME!! What a wonderful time we had. Again a CM could not have been more kind and helpful. It was a dream made true for both of us! THANK YOU SOCERERMICKEY!!!!

You need to let the canoes know we are coming!

Now get around that one slowly!

Don't talk to me Grandma I am steering the boat!!! Can't you see!

The Disney Captain and a very proud captain in training! Yes that is her certificate!

When we got off the ship of course we had to show off!! Here is the gang and Socerer Mickey with the proud captain.

More to come! The big reindeer fight! Bet you can't wait....
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

OK to break up the family pictures I am going to do my own ....where is this in Disneyland game! So let me know if you know where these items are!

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Have fun and enjoy!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

• living to haunt

One of the things that get lost at Disneyland is all the people behind the sets that make things happen. We saw many of them on this trip and here are a few that would let me take their pictures...ok almost let me!

Now we do a proffessional haunted house in October for Charity. We deal with the fire marshall on a daily if not hourly basis. So when I saw them doing their job in DTD I had to take a picture. Love their patches. Wonder what I would have to do to get one of those!????

Then there is the guy who is painting the trim on one of the store fronts. People are shoving past him, giving him dirty looks, and he just keeps doing his job and smiling. He is loving his job! Thanks for making the park look pretty!

Now this picture is blurry for many reasons. The first being that everytime we went to DL with my Mom she would have all the kids get the shilloute done and she hung them on the walls. She has her kids, grandkids, and her great grandkids. Well the first visit to the park after losing her we just could not go in the shop. So we decided this trip we were going to do it...Well once the first kid sat down my daughter and I both started to blubber like babies. The poor ladies in the shop brought out kleenex and were so sweet. We had all three done and then asked if we could have a picture. This artist has been there for many, many, many years and has probably done us other times. So the photo just seemed right.

Tissue break more to come!
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Dreaming of Pirates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast