Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seedub, the preggo wife and the 3 year old 6/10 and 6/11-56k no way

Ok, so I've been lurking on these boards for nearly 4 years and never even posted, let alone penned a trip report.

A bit of background first. My girlfriend (now wife) went to school in Irvine and were AP holders for four years. Graduated in 04, moved back to San Jose, got married, bought a house, had a kid.

We made one trip when my son was 8 months old. Kinda of a pointless trip, as he was a difficult baby.

Well, a few months back we found out that #2 was on the way! Not bad for one month of trying! And we decided we needed to take my sone before #2 (a girl) arrives. We made quick plans, called in a few favors, got a suite @ the Hyatt Regency and we headed down. We drove down on 6/9 and hit the park on the 10th and 11th. All in all it was a great trip. Minimal crowds, no wait longer that 30 minutes (for rides for a 3 year old a a pregnant wife). Obviously no Mtn rides, but I snuck in a few while they went back to the hotel for nap time. I managed to get on Indy, Space, Soarin', ToT and Screamin' in less than 3 hours. I was very pleased.

Here are some pics, most are self explanitory, as many of you know the park better than your own homes. Hope you enjoy! I certainly did.

Last edited by seedubxj; 06-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.

• Senior Minion

Re: Seedub, the preggo wife and the 3 year old 6/10 and 6/11-56k no way

I really enjoyed your pictures, and what a great time to come back to the park (when crowds were down). Welcome to MiceChat!!!

• My liver hurts!

Cute family pics.....especially love the one of your little boy with the sword in the stone!!!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on upcoming munchkin #2!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wow. Heck of a first time trip report. Cute family, thanks for posting. You should make a photo album for your newborn showing it's first trip to Disneyland!

• Following the Second Star

Wow your wife is very pretty. And your son is adorable. Seems like you're quite a lucky man with such a great looking family!

I love the picture in the teacup. Looks like he was having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I love the picture in the teacup. Looks like he was having fun.
    I put that picture in as a semi-response to an earlier thread asking why people bring little kids to the parks. I personally feel the look on his face is answer enough, no?

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Wow. Heck of a first time trip report. Cute family, thanks for posting. You should make a photo album for your newborn showing it's first trip to Disneyland!
    Yeah, my wife and son make me look a whole lot better. I owe my son's looks to her for sure. Here's to hoping our future daughter has the same luck!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by seedubxj View Post
    Yeah, my wife and son make me look a whole lot better. I owe my son's looks to her for sure. Here's to hoping our future daughter has the same luck!
    Well good luck on that! I hope the new daughter look like her or the handsome mailman!

• "I Break Things"

Congrats on the new baby! Your wife does not look that far along... when is she due? Family is absolutely adorable. I also understand the "difficult baby" comment. My daughter can be referred to as "spirited"... which is to say she spent her first year eating, screaming, sleeping 20min at most, and then eating, screaming... you get the idea. She was 14 months before she slept through the night!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Congratulations indeed, and awesome photo report, it looks like you guys had a really fun trip...glad it went well for you all!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Congrats on the new baby! Your wife does not look that far along... when is she due? Family is absolutely adorable. I also understand the "difficult baby" comment. My daughter can be referred to as "spirited"... which is to say she spent her first year eating, screaming, sleeping 20min at most, and then eating, screaming... you get the idea. She was 14 months before she slept through the night!
    She was 5 months yesterday, due late October. Yeah, my son is a great kid, but if we could harness his energy, I'm fairly sure we could eliminate our dependency on foreign oil.

He never crawled, but walked at 8 months and 3 days old, and hasn't stopped since. But it was nice to have a toddler that could hang with two adults all day and all night at the parks. Good times for sure. Now if only I could figure out how to completely recharge after a 90 minutes nap like he does, I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

Great TR! Its fun to see a family having soooo much fun at Disneyland. The one "in the oven" is very lucky to have such an awesome Disneyland family. Looks like she hit the jackpot!

Thanks again!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• living to haunt

I put that picture in as a semi-response to an earlier thread asking why people bring little kids to the parks. I personally feel the look on his face is answer enough, no?

Welcome to Mice Chat! Great TR and wonderful pictures. You are so right about your statement...that look is what makes it all so very special!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• "I Break Things"

She was 5 months yesterday, due late October. Yeah, my son is a great kid, but if we could harness his energy, I'm fairly sure we could eliminate our dependency on foreign oil.
    Poor Dan and Bruce can attest to the energy found in little toddlers! Imagine chasing 3 of them around... you'll be there soon enough when you have 2 running in OPPOSITE directions.

He never crawled, but walked at 8 months and 3 days old, and hasn't stopped since. But it was nice to have a toddler that could hang with two adults all day and all night at the parks. Good times for sure. Now if only I could figure out how to completely recharge after a 90 minutes nap like he does, I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
    Ours were late walkers, they MASTERED the art of crawl. Our baby is a bit over 5 months and we are terrified of when she crawls. I need to get her an orange vest or something because with all the kids she will be a trip hazard!

I gather from the description that you live a ways away and I am not sure if you have AP's or not, however if you find yourself by the park on a Sunday please stop by and say hello to everyone.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharin your family with us. You have a BEAUTIFUL family!! I do hope you consider Mice Chat to be your SECOND family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast