Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Ever Trip Report

Here I am, a lurker turned member, with my very first trip report. It has to start somewhere. So, it will start here.

Just last Wednesday, June 4th to be exact, I went to Disneyland for the day! My dear sister Lauren went along with me. Due to a late start, we arrived at around 11am. After getting into the park, getting my Annual Pass, and generally just getting situated; we were off!

As is a habit of mine, I turned left upon reaching the end of Main Street. Thus our day began in Adventureland.

Above is a view of Adventureland from up in Tarzan's Treehouse. As you can see, there were definitely people there but nothing too bad. It was actually fewer than I had expected. Therefore, I was fine with it.

We scurried through Adventureland not really knowing what we were doing. Couldn't decide. That's how we ended up in the Treehouse.

Lauren enjoyed it though! Her and Sabor hit it off really well. He looked utterly shocked. That or terrified. Time spent with Lauren is always an adventure. You never quite know what will happen. Apparently he was ill prepared. And all Lauren could do was laugh at him.

Once we were finished enjoying the Tarzan exhibits in the trees, we headed back down. At some point while we were there, I got my beloved Indiana Jones hat. I admit it was a splurge but I love it! Once I had my very own trusty fedora, I was pretty much set. It was only fair that Lauren got something too. So, we set off in search of a funnel cake for her.

While searching for her breakfast, I caught sight of Indy himself!

He was walking through Adventureland, asking guests if they had seen a man in a turban. Specifically, he asked a little boy. Poor little boy looked scared. Come to think of it, other people did too. They weren't sure what to think. Let's just say that Jones isn't as welcoming as Mickey Mouse. That's why he didn't get any answers from the boy. So, he moved on. I think he did a swell job of portraying his character. It was a pleasant surprise to find him wandering around Adventureland.

After finding Indiana Jones, it was time to find that elusive funnel cake. We searched Main Street, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Frontierland before we found it at Stage Door Cafe. Lauren was happy and I was happy.
    Once she was all finished with her long over due breakfast, we headed back towards my favorite ride, Indiana Jones.

Me, my fedora, and my favorite ride! Doesn't get much better than that. I was laughing here because right when we went to take the picture, a bunch of people came through the line. Funny how that works out.

Happy after riding Indy, I was ready for anything. So, we went on Jungle Cruise. From there, we went to Pirates. Then on to Splash Mountain. We worked our way around to Fantasyland. While we were there, we got on Snow White, King Arthur's Carousel, and Storybook land Canal boats. After I ate lunch, we got on the Nemo Subs. Though it was a long wait, it was well worth it. Plus, I got to see Darth Vader in the Jedi Show while I was waiting. Works for me!

Hungry after so much excitement, Lauren wanted to eat. To save money, we headed out of the park and down the street to McDonald's. After that, it was back to Disneyland!

Once inside, I spotted Mickey in the front. Feeling agreeable, Lauren took a picture with him.

As you can see, it turned out great ! I love how much taller than Mickey she is. Plus, her sunglasses make her look so cool.

Wanting to make our way to Tomorrowland, we pushed past the parade crowds. While we were passing by, I caught sight of Prince Caspian in the pre-parade. He looked so funny! I don't know what it was but I couldn't help but laugh at him.

Finally in Tomorrowland, we hit Star Tours and Buzz. Lauren hadn't been on either. She didn't care much for the first but loved the second. Once we were done with those, there wasn't much left to do but ride Space Mountain.

After all that, Lauren was ready to call it a day. Though I was itching to keep going until the park closed, we left. On the way out, we saw Minnie on Main Street. I had been wanting to get a picture with her all day. With Lauren's help, I did.

All in all, I think it looks fine. This was done for my mom because she loves Minnie. Also, it gave me an excuse to get a picture with a character.

Thus ended our day in the land of Disney. Though it was the shortest trip I've taken to Disneyland yet, I had a lot of fun. Lauren was such a good sport and I loved having her along for the trip. Even now, I'm looking forward to going again. Well, I won't have to wait long as I'll be back there soon! Oh, the beauty of having an Annual Pass.

By the way, thanks for reading and bearing with me through the entire report.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: First Ever Trip Report

Us micechatters are spoiled tonight. 2 first timers posting a trip report! Great job and welcome to MiceChat!

• Seasick

Well done trip report! Good balance between photos & text.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• living to haunt

What a great way to start your journey here in Mice Chat land! What a great trip report! Well done! Love the shot of Indy and the kid, the mom looked even more worried.
    Welcome to Mice Chat!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Nice, thanks for sharing your fun day with us!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Great report and welcome! I haven't been reading all the reports lately (bad me) but this is the first one I've seen with Indy walking around in Adventureland - THANK YOU for that.

(and confirming the hideous yellow gloves too...)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Thank you all for your comments! Glad you enjoyed my report.
    aashee: Hooray for newbies and trip reports!
    BC_DisneyGeek: I do try to balance it so there is just enough of each.
    ladydragon55: You are right! The mom looks really suspicious of Indy.
    Dan - Tasmic!: Thanks for reading my report about my fun day!
    tinkermonkey: Glad to bring more Indy into the forums. And yes, note the yellow gloves.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Ohhhh! Ahhhh! Congrats on your 1st trip report! It's a success!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Thank you! Thank you!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am enjoying this trend of longtime lurkers coming out with trip reports for their first posts. Especially since the reports have been great so far. Can't wait to see the rest.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

A most excellent first report! Congratulations! And now that you have your AP, next time you're there on a Sunday, stop by the hub at noon and meet some of your fellow MiceChatters!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Great 1st report, it has been forever since I did the treehouse, maybe next time around...

Great TR, sounds like a great time with your sister in a wonderful place. I love doing stuff with my sis too!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Nice TR! I love the pictures...especially the one taken from Tarzan's Treehouse, I haven't seen that one before!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Great trip report! Love the pictures... the shot of Indy is cool!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast