• Lackey

Mini TSMM AP preview TR w/o pics

Just a quick TR. I did get in to the AP preview with my son. The e-mail was a bit confusing, not knowing if we had to be there before the whole block of time, or just during that time. During turned out to be just fine. My son's last day of school was just a half day, so we got to go after that and still had about one and a half hours to ride as many times as we could get in.
    We got to go on it four times. My arms hurt now. Going in repetition helps to get the technique down and learn what opens up the bigger points, but it will probably be literally years (or a very rainy day) before anyone will be able to do consecutive rides - get ready for long lines; since Nemo Subs has averaged 2-3 hours and kept that for a while, I imagine TSMM is going to be 3-4 easily. Plan your early visits, late nights, rainy days... to be able to enjoy it, and it is definitely worth the wait. They've come up with a truly great thing here.

Also, Marg Helgenberger (CSI) was seen riding with her family and giving a quick interview afterward. Many celebs have been sneaking in this week, it seems.
    I'm also pretty sure I spotted Dark Lady and family in line, but not positive - I didn't want to be yelling out "Hey, Dark Lady.." across the queue...

Sorry I couldn't get anyone else in - too many unknowns in our plans.

What I don't understand is why more weren't picked to participate, since the wait time was only 5 - 20 minutes each time. It seems that if it is testing that is still being done, the number in queue wouldn't really effect the testing, since the cycling through is continuous anyway - whether new guests or the same ones over and over. My opinion is that more passholders should have been able to participate as a bonus, especially since there aren't really that many bonuses that don't cost something more. I realize that there is probably something behind the plan that I don't know about - just wondering why

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

Re: Mini TSMM AP preview TR w/o pics

I agree with you! I was suprised with how short the wait time was. Especially being most people went once and then bailed... but i definately think they could have handled more people!

I got skipped over for Nemo... So maybe this was for all the good karma I have been putting into the universe lately! Come to think of it, I have been especially kind in the past couple months!

My wife an I went on 4 times as well! We had to go left handed on the fourth ride just to give the right one a break.
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• Lackey

Re: Mini TSMM AP preview TR w/o pics

Correction: Mariska Hargitay (Law & Order:SVU) was seen riding. Huge apologies to both ladies. I got my night-time-drama-too-many-L&O/CSI-shows mixed up. Seemed like she enjoyed the ride as much as everyone else though!

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]