Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

SummerinCA - My 1st Disneyland Trip :)

Coming to you live from the Candy Cane Inn in Anaheim, CA, I thought I would go ahead and get my trip report started and keep everyone updated on my progress throughout the week I'm here. I'm having the BEST time EVER and everyone I've met has been so nice, you are all such a wonderful group of people, I'm honored and humbled to be a part of such a great community. But for now, on with the show!

Should you wish to see all the photos I've taken so far, please visit HERE.

Day 1

Waking up 2:30am EST time, I trekked my way to Orlando airport anxiously waiting for my flight to take off.

Having never been farther west than Las Vegas, I was amazed at the terrain I saw from the airplane. I found it incredibly fascinating how it would go from desert to mountain to city all within a short distance.

Arriving at LAX I was greeted by this bus, I think it was a sign of things to come.

Fishbulb, the wonderful man that he is greeted me with a Vanilla Sprinkles cupcake. Needless to say I was more focused on the cupcake than the scenery.

In true CA style Fishy took me to what I think is probably the best burger joint EVER, In N Out Burger. What a way to start off my trip right!
    Thanks Fishy!

And then familiar signs of Disneyland started popping up and I got oh so excited. After a brief stop at my hotel, we parked at DTD and walked over. I was finally here....and I cried, for about 10 minutes.

We made a quick stop at Guest Relations to pick up my "1st Time" badge and Fishy told me I wasn't allowed to look down Main Street at the castle yet, he was so cute, said he wanted to see the look on my face. So this is what I saw the first time I walked in. LOL

Castle pics will come later, I apologize that Day 1 will be a little all over the place, I was to busy walking around with my mouth on the floor taking it all in that I didn't snap many photos.

As my favorite character/story is Alice in Wonderland, Fishy said that had to be my first ride, I wasn't going to argue!

Loved it! I felt like a kid again watching the film, Queen of Hearts is my new favorite villain. LOL

Next stop, Mr. Toad's Wild ride, I miss this attraction!
    (Forgive the hair and face, I hadn't sleep for about 14 hours at that point. LOL)

After Toad, Fishy wanted to take me on pirates and I wasn't one to argue but sadly when we got there, the attraction was down.
    No worries, we checked out mansion next.

Fishy is such the perfect tour guide, answers my questions and tells me just enough that enhances my experience rather than ruins it. He oh so politely asked a CM if he could show me the pet cemetery on the side of the beautiful mansion.

Stunning, I loved it.

Then it was onto the attraction itself. I have to say I liked the facade better than FL's but I LOVE the New Orleans theme. NOS has quickly become my favorite area of the park, I could spend all day there, REALLY!

As Pirates was still down I asked if we could ride Indy so we headed over to Adventureland and once we arrived we found it was also down. (This will become a common theme for the next day. So I took a photo to commemorate my struggles with Indy.

DENIED!

(Broken, get it?)

Since it was about time to leave for dinner with friends, we stopped by Space Mountain for a quick trip through space.

OMG!!!! Wow!!!! Love, love LOVED Space Mountain, from the tunnel to the music to the, "Holy crap this ride is scaring the poop outta me!" feeling, hands down the best space I've ever been on. Doesn't even COMPARE to FL's version. FL's version is like a cheap carnival ride with missing gears compared to this one. LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

We ended the evening at this FABULOUS Italian restaurant with about 12 other people from here. Can you believe that a big group of Mice Chatters and no one brought a camera? Sacreligious... LOL

Stay tuned for Day 2 where I conquer Indy, devour a Monte Cristo, take in a Midway Mania and get swallowed by a whale...

• My liver hurts!

Re: SummerinCA - My 1st Disneyland Trip :)

It was great running into yesterday summer!!! Hope you had a GREAT time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Holy cow! A trip report while you're still on the trip!! Awesomeness!!! I'm so glad you're having such a great time on your very first trip to California!! Isn't Fishy just the greatest! And this time tomorrow, I'll be on the road to join you guys!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Yay for SummerinCA!!!

It was great joining you for dinner on Wednesday. The 180 mile round-trip was TOTALLY worth it.

See you tomorrow!!!

• SpitSpot!

Yeah you made it! I cry too when I go - just so happy to be there
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

•   
    • So fetch

It was great meeting you yesterday. Dinner was fun and I'm glad you didn't mind Tour Guide Lil LL: POTC edition. I can't wait to see the rest of your TR.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    It was great running into yesterday summer!!! Hope you had a GREAT time!!
    It was great meeting you in person. Had such a great time that night.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Holy cow! A trip report while you're still on the trip!! Awesomeness!!! I'm so glad you're having such a great time on your very first trip to California!! Isn't Fishy just the greatest! And this time tomorrow, I'll be on the road to join you guys!!!!
    Can't wait to see you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Yay for SummerinCA!!!

It was great joining you for dinner on Wednesday. The 180 mile round-trip was TOTALLY worth it.

See you tomorrow!!!
    I love you guys, you're awesome, thanks for taking the time out, it was wonderful seeing your entire family.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsLilo View Post
    It was great meeting you yesterday. Dinner was fun and I'm glad you didn't mind Tour Guide Lil LL: POTC edition. I can't wait to see the rest of your TR.
    OMG No! She was FABULOUS! I loved her commentary, made me enjoy it even more! Loved meeting you, dinner was great!

Doing Day 2 now, then I am heading to DCA.

• World Traveler

I'm so happy that you're having a great time in California! So, how did you like In-N-Out? I know you'll be craving it when you get back home like I do.

Yeah, Disneyland's Space Mountain is a hundred times better than WDW's version.

I can't wait to see more of your report. Keep having fun !!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great report so far. I can't wait to see more but only after I see you Sunday. I am so jealous about your Sprinkles cupcake, I still have not had one. Glad you enjoyed the best burgers ever. Tomorrow I am having animal style fries at the Ramon Road In and Out.

Behave, be well and be good till Sunday.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I always like to meet Florida people! Lol

Too bad I'll miss you on Sunday -- I'll be in LA. But I'm gonna try to make it to the park today and/or tomorrow so hopefully I'll run into you!

If not then have a great trip!

• love my friends

love it so far

Friends for life

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Totally enjoying this As It Happens Trip Report, Summer! Sounds like you're just having a FANTASTIC time so far! Looking forward to reading about day 2!!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

It was great to meet ya! Dinner was great and talking to you about WDW and DL stuff. Can't wait to see the rest.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Summer,

You are a MiceChat Star. First time to Disneyland and you find time to do a trip report? Above and beyond the call of duty soldier. Carry on.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

Summer - it was so nice to finally meet you! I'm sure I'll see you again this weekend.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast