Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• I Can Show You the World

Re: Tiki Room Turns 45! Who will be there??

Well I was planning to go but my plans to go to disney world the following weekend have had to be moved up a week so instead I'm going to Disney World! Can't really complain, seeing how we got a comp hotel, we fly for free and we're meeting up with some really nice friends that work there that are going to pass us in.

I will miss getting to meet everyone going though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    Have you ever tried to call in sick when you are supposed to teach a bunch of women how to work with chocolate? Not a pretty sight! What makes me mad is that I am the one who scheduled the class before I realized that it would conflict with this event....
    I'm a lover of working with chocolate. I would totally understand if something like this came up. This is a once in a lifetime event and a class, especially this kind, can be taught another night.

• no YOU shut up!

Blog Entries

I am super excited for this event! I've been planning to go for months. We'll be there at the crack of dawn - must get my hands on some of that Kevin Kidney merchandise!!

Does anyone have a feel for the anticipated crowd? I'm assuming it will be less hectic than the Julie Andrews event, but I don't want to miss out on some of the good stuff!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm going. But hehe... I won't buy anything for me. Circarama I'll do my best. Has anyone else offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    HELP!! I need to know if someone can buy me some stuff. I listed my wants below. Who's up for it?
    Please respond in a PM. Thanks!

Needed - Aloha Shirt - 1 only in Extra Large

Edition Size: 500
    Retail: $74

Aloha Shirt Art Shown.
    Actual shirt image will be available shortly

T-Shirt
    Needed - Womens Cut T-Shirt - One Only In Extra Large
    Graphic for T-shirt only.
    Actual T-shirt will be shown shortly.

Retail: $26

Lucite Bracelet

Needed - One Only

Retail: $24

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "I Break Things"

It's a Meet day... likely we will go to the park, but usually we don't get there until around Meet time so I am fairly confident we will miss the festivities. Besides, it will likely have a crowd, and we try to avoid those!

To Circarama, I wish you the best of luck in acquiring those items. If I happen to see them I will try to pick them up but again we are likely arriving late, so I am not sure if those items will still be available or if they will be sold out.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm going. But hehe... I won't buy anything for me. Circarama I'll do my best. Has anyone else offered?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSkip
    To Circarama, I wish you the best of luck in acquiring those items. If I happen to see them I will try to pick them up but again we are likely arriving late, so I am not sure if those items will still be available or if they will be sold out.
    YES!! I have been contacted by a fellow-ette MiceChatter who is going to score for me.
    Thanks anyways for the offer!!

Woot!! I loves me some MiceChatters... they're the BEST!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Just got back from the Tiki Room event. This was the most poorly managed event that I have ever attended at Disneyland. They advertised the event as starting at 8am, we got there at 6am. To start it all off they let in people early that stay at the Hotels (and some that did not) I can understand that, but they should have everyone waiting for the event have a fair chance of getting in line, maybe giving out wrist bands. The main fiasco began when we were informed that they only had 60 fountains in stock due to labor disputes in China. Instead of taking our names in the order that we were in line they stated that we would have to call in on Monday morning to their merchandise services department to see if we can order them. As you can imagine, this had everyone very upset, most people came specifically for the fountain (one couple flew in from Denver) I was so upset that I went to City Hall to complain, I was getting nowhere until the wonderful woman that was behind me in line showed up at City Hall. She took the issue to the top, I don’t know who she spoke with but they spoke with event management and they changed their minds about not taking orders. After that the Head of merchandising and the Event manager came down the line telling us that they would take our names and call us when the fountains were available. When they started taking names we told them that we would be traveling in Costa Rica in a few weeks and they took the dates and stated that they would call us after our trip, great customer service. I ended up getting everything I wanted yet we were in the first 1/4 of the line - several items had shortages. I feel bad for the people behind us.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-22-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Just got home from the Tiki Room Event

Yikes! We arrived at the Park at just a few minutes after opening (8 am) and the line stretched from the Disneyana Shop all the way down Main Street and turned the corner by the Hub.
    It was already in the low 80s, and we had to rely on the shade from a few trees until the line moved onto the area of Main Street that has buildings. That was two hours! Once we were next to the shops there was a bit of cooled air coming from the shops, and that helped.
    About four hours into our wait the line (which had been creeeping along slowly) stopped completely. They had run out of stock on a lot of items and had to call for a delivery--that took about 45 minutes.
    We finally entered Disneyana at a little after one o'clock. Most everything was still available (although the signing was long over) and we made our purchases and dragged ourselves home.
    The only real wrinkle was that they only had a total delivery of 50 of the fountains, so they took names of the interested parties and will call when they arrive in six to eight weeks.
    Last edited by RetroMousie; 06-22-2008 at 04:13 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Just got home from the Tiki Room Event

I have a dear friend who was there this morning and she got me a couple of prints, the fountain, a couple of the drinking glasses and a pitcher and an Avanzino shadowbox! I am a happy camper! AND...I owe her BIG TIME!

• Disneyland Jr. Reporter

Do you know where I might find pictures of these items? I'm curious to see this fountain you're talking about.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBlot View Post
    Do you know where I might find pictures of these items? I'm curious to see this fountain you're talking about.
    Here you go!

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...D=0x112329ffe5

Toward the middle is the fountain.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Was that just the most insane thing ever or what?!?! So glad I was up as early as I was. (and it being an Early Entry day, to boot!! YAY!).

Fortunate to have picked up everything I was after! Great stuff. Waaaaay too hot out.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Insane is exactly the word for it. It was as though they had never held a merchandise event before. But given how hot it was, people were pretty calm.

• Banned User

I'm surprised a brawl didn't break out because of the heat! ha!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

City Hall was NOT fun today. SO many angry non-fountain owners! And people who missed out on the pins were pretty upset too.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast