Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Buzz Lightyear Accident

Just heard about an accident taking place on or at the Buzz Lightyear attraction. A woman had her leg cut badly enough that the bone was visible. Details are scarce...I'll follow up with anything else I hear.

Haven't seen anything else in the news yet, but apparently it happened very recently. Hopefully someone else on here knows a little more than I do. I'm very curious about this.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Buzz Lightyear Accident

Ouch!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Queen of Sarcasm

I wonder how that happened. I used to work on Buzz and from what I remember of the attraction it would be very hard to get yourself hurt that badly. Then again that was two years ago and things might have gone downhill since then. You have me interested now.

• Minion

I saw a woman fall once while trying to get out of her ride vehicle and hold on to her toddler. It stopped immediatly. (She and her son were both fine) I wasn't sure if it stopped becuase a sensor was triggered or if a cast member stopped it.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

Oh my goodness. OUCH!!! When did this happen? I hope we get more details and that everyone is OK.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    I saw a woman fall while trying to get out of her ride vehicle and hold on yo her toddler. It stopped immediatly. I wasn'rt sure if it stopped becuase a sensor was triggered or if a cast member stopped it.
    Usually in that situation a CM would ride stop it from either the console if it was stager or a handheld controller if it was the main unload CM standing in the middle of the belt.

I heard a lady was walking down main street and got a bloody nose! Not many details on it yet, but as soon as I hear more, I will keep everyone posted!

Yes Nolimit, that was very necessary to post. God forbid I try to post something that people may want to hear about. I'll think twice next time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
    Yes Nolimit, that was very necessary to post. God forbid I try to post something that people may want to hear about. I'll think twice next time.
    I think nolimit is just trying to say that you should err on the side of caution when posting "news" here on MiceChat. Although the incident you report may have very well happened (And only time will tell on that), rushing to post on a rumor in which you never reveal your source or how you came to this "information" is subject to scrutiny.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    I think nolimit is just trying to say that you should err on the side of caution when posting "news" here on MiceChat. Although the incident you report may have very well happened (And only time will tell on that), rushing to post on a rumor in which you never reveal your source or how you came to this "information" is subject to scrutiny.
    This is true also. There have been numerous posts containing "breaking news" which either turn out to be false or only half truths. Do you mind sharing how you got this information considering that it isn't on the news yet and how recent is very recent? Was it today, sometime this week, this month?

^^You're both right on the money, and I suppose nolimit is too, though I think you guys handled it better. I should have probably just sat on this until something official came out. As for time, I was told within 10-15 minutes of my post, and it couldnt have happened much earlier than I heard it. As for source, he'd be no more credible than I, but he did see the injury (not how) firsthand.

The woman had a pre-existing cut that was opened back up when she hit the side of the vehicle. That is all.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Can someone place a "barf" warning on that first post, it's a little too graphic!

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post

I have to tell you, I loved NoLimit's post.

I don't think it is necessary to post a thread about every injury that happens at DLR. It is quite likely that the person fell and injured herself, independently of BLAB. To me, threads like this are the virtual equivalent of gawkers at car accident scenes. I can certainly appreciate the newsworthiness of incidents where a ride failed, or some other blatant issue, but for things like this? I just think it is disrespectful. Just my opinion, obviously everyone is welcome to post on whatever they like, which is the strength of MC.

• Banned User

Waiting for official confirmation.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast