Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Last year for Haunted Mansion Holiday....

I have a friend who works at the Soda Fountain & Studio Store and she has informed me that this is possibly the last year for Haunted Mansion Holiday. Mind you this is all speculation and we won't truely know until next year comes around to see if it's going to happen or not. She's talked with some suits that come into her store and they've informed her that it is not going on the schedule for next year. One possible reason is that the Haunted Mansion in WDW is getting a Holiday overlay and they don't want the same overlay in both parks. If this is indeed true, then I think they're making a big mistake. HMH draws a huge following and if they discontinue it, I think there will be a lot of people who'll stop going during the months of Oct. through Dec. I've already voiced my concern to her and asked her to pass them along to any suits that come into her store about that. I enjoy HMH and would hate to see it go. What are your feelings on this?
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• All? NO, ALL!

Re: Last year for Haunted Mansion Holiday....

The Soda Fountain & Studio Store is a totally different division than the parks. Sorry, but I highly doubt that she is a credible source on the attractions. There are rumors like this every single year, but the attraction gets better every single year.

• Minion

I don't think disney would pull in as many crowds without during december...wait... actully its probrally gonna be packed anyways for christmas:P

• Official MC Thread Killer

I don't THINK WDW will be getting the overlay anytime soon. The most popular argument (I think) is that WDW deals with more first timer vacationers whereas of course DL has more local visitors. That means that I'm sure it would not be as well received by WDW guests when then come to visit for the first time and want to experience the true Haunted Mansion but get the "Christmas" version. In turn, it works for Disneyland perfectly with it being another reason for locals to visit again. So, with that, I think it should stay at Disneyland for many more years to come. Sure, it'd be nice to have at WDW... but I don't think it's gonna happen
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

IF this is true I'm going to be . Our next planned trip is for Christmas season 2007. It is at the top of my list of things to see.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

This rumor pops up from time to time. HMH is a HUGE draw for DL and helps them move lots of merchandise. They wouldn't remove this willingly unless they had something better to replace it with.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    This rumor pops up from time to time. HMH is a HUGE draw for DL and helps them move lots of merchandise. They wouldn't remove this willingly unless they had something better to replace it with.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

And if they even think about removing the overlay for good, then they're going to have one unhappy AP who will continuously send emails complaining. hehe

• Rock Star Minion

But, but, a cast member working 40 miles away said so. How could it not be true?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• =)

I could see it going either way--on either coast, the holiday overlay can draw in A LOT of money.

I personally would rather see it move to WDW. I rode the HM with the overlay once, and I don't need to again. I much prefer the original. But I understand many people would be sorry to see it go, and so I express my condolences to them if and when the overlay goes east.

• Confuzled Woozle

That would be a huge mistake. Many people, myself included, are willing to make special trips just to see HMH.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• Banned User

They are replacing it with Space & Rockit Mountain holiday!

LOL..

Fly through space and see lots of red & green while hearing specially made Christmas carols.. and at night.. rock versions....

• Let me axe you something

When first started in 2001, the Nightmare "rights" were contracted from whomever (I assume Burton) for 5 years. That would make 2006 the last year. Several cast members have expressed their feeling that Disney would only put up with Burton's attitude for so long. When in DL last October, several CMs said to me that DL was considering not renewing its contract to continue the attraction.
    That being said, I think it would be hugely foolish to discontinue the overlay considering how popular it's been for the last 4 years, and I would bet that the cash factor will override any professional beefs they have with the NBC property owner.

• Banned User

I thought touchstone or Disney made the movie.... if they worked with him.. it is there movie... Thus they have a right to do this attraction for as long as they want... Since the poem and movie are disney owned i think. even thought created by Tim Burton.

• LoisAlene

I hope it's not true - if so, I'm glad I get to go and see it This year!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Sock Puppet

Would need to look it up, but I'm highly Doubtful that Burton Gave up the rights to Nightmare. He had no need to. Many studios would have pounced on that film with great distribution deals. My guess is Burton went with Disney because of his past with them. Remember, at the time that movie was made, Burton was riding a wave of successful film releases. He had no need to take a bad deal just for distribution, which is about the extent of Disney's involvement in the film. Similar to Pixar films, which Disney had not 1 speck of input on except how many cinemas to play, and marketing.
    With Eisner out, Tim would probably be willing to re-sign if the contract were up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast