Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Re: Becoming a Cast Member

I said this before and I'll say it again. Thanks for your tips everyone they are very useful and I will keep them in mind when I reapply in December.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Minion

I agree that the computer test can't replace what a human interacted interview can, but with so many people applying to the resort, I'm sure its a solution to the problem with having too many interviews. This way people get cut before they even get to that stage. Good luck with your next interview!

P.S. I know this may not be an option for you, but I know there is a character audition in July, and with auditions you don't have to take a computer test and you don't have to wait 6 months to be hired in if you failed that test.
    Jeff Wayne

• Hit it, Skip!

Oh man! I feel your pain. I applied for the College Program back in March and everything looked good until the electronic interview. I was shocked when the cast member told me I didn't pass. I know I'm a good worker and I answered the questions honestly and, I thought, without any really bad answers. I think the most frustrating part is that no one can tell you why you failed the interview. I tried to find out and apparently the only one who knows is the computer itself. That computer is now my mortal enemy!

Seriously, though, I felt the same: if I was able to interview with a real person, I would have been okay and, if not, I might at least have known what I did wrong so I could improve in the future. I'm thinking of reapplying, but I'm not even sure how I would change my answers to "pass."

The whole thing reminded me of this episode of The Monkees:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri7O3o1fsRc

So if Peter Tork got rejected, I guess we're in good company?

• Mrs. J. Depp

I always feel so cheated when I have to take an electronic interview. I've taken several of them and have never gotten the jobs based off of those. I hate that they try and trick you and re-word the questions. I try and answer honestly and think of how they would want me to answer. I get so confused. Your not the only one to be bamboozled by these things.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Sorry about how the electronic interview went. Sounds like an interesting way to interview. Like others have said, it lacks a personal touch that it needs. Computers making such decisions can only go so far. Well, I wish you well when you re-apply! So, any more info on the electronic interview itself? Such things as what to expect in terms of questions. I've always been interested in applying for a job at Disneyland so I was curious.

• Hit it, Skip!

I felt like many of the questions were common sense, which was why it was so confusing when I didn't pass. Things like: how often are you late for work? and some questions regarding work ethic and attitude toward guests. They all seem easy enough.

• Nill

I actually plan to apply tomorrow (or today rather). I went a few months ago but didn't meet their 17 year old and graduating senior requirement....but now I do. However, I had no idea there was any type of electronic interview until reading this post. And by the looks of it, it isn't too easy either! Does every applicant have to take this interview, or is it only whoever they choose?

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    I actually plan to apply tomorrow (or today rather). I went a few months ago but didn't meet their 17 year old and graduating senior requirement....but now I do. However, I had no idea there was any type of electronic interview until reading this post. And by the looks of it, it isn't too easy either! Does every applicant have to take this interview, or is it only whoever they choose?
    Everyone has to take the electronic interview. Good luck!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

electronic interviews make me sad.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Yeah I don't think an employer shouldn't judge it's applicants by machine first.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

Talking Re: Becoming a Cast Member

i found the interview to be rather fun

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    ^^ I forgot exactly what I answered on all the questions. But one stood out to me. Like I said earlier, there are a few "key" questions in that part of the interview. To me they actually stood out and I was thinking to myself, "they are looking for the "right" answer here. I forgot exactly how it was worded but here's basically what the question was asking...

How do you feel people about others?

They like to help everyone.
    They are selfish.
    They care about everyone.
    etc...

I answered they are selfish. I mean, if you really think about it, everyone is selfish to a certain degree.

You might be right. But that wasn't what Disney wants to hear.

This test isn't about what you know to be true. It's about answering the question ---giving them answers they want to hear.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by JacksBack13 View Post
    i found the interview to be rather fun
    As did I! He Jacks, is your picture there from The Twilight Zone where a woman has surgery to try to become beautiful so she can be accpted by that society? Either way, great episode with a wonderful message that makes you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    You might be right. But that wasn't what Disney wants to hear.

This test isn't about what you know to be true. It's about answering the question ---giving them answers they want to hear.
    It's not even about Disney. That's a very half empty answer, I remember thinking about an Anne Frank quote when I was answering that same question "I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart." I don't know about you, but during major disasters I see people drop everything to help others they've never met. Take 9-11 for example and all those people who went back to help (and I'm not just talking about the Firefighters, or Police offers). Heck, even here during earthquakes you'll see people stop to help others.

All too often people see this world for all the bad things, when there are so many wonderful things about it if you're just willing to take the time to look. It's not about what Disney wants, it's about what they're looking for within the people that makes them want to hire them...
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 06-20-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post

Do you feel uncomfortable when a co worker isn't doing their duties?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Neutral

"Neutral" isn't what they want to hear, on any of the questions. You can cross "neutral" right off the list as an answer, period.

Of course, if you read between the lines ....that question has nothing to do with co-workers....what they're really asking is ...how're you gonna feel about yourself if you slack off...

Naturally, the answer that Disney wants, for that question, is Uncomfortable....and "Strongly Agree"....

• Senior Minion

I've never taken the test, but it sounds like some psedo-scientific personality test but it's clearly all about what Dis wants in their employees though, to say it's not about Disney makes no sense. Clearly they're trying to identify personalities that will make good CMs.

In regard to the giving them what they want arguement, of course that's true with any test or interview, tell um what they want and you'll pass or get hired. I agree, it's a little cynical, but that's the way of the world. No amount of tests, interviews, applications or whatever really prove that an employee will work out, employers have to do the best they can in choosing employees and I'm not surprised Dis has tried to add this screening method, flawed as it may be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast