Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Becoming a Cast Member

    Hey recently I went to the Disneyland Resort to apply for attractions. I filled out the application correctly and took the electronic interview as best as I could. Even though CM's told me that attractions positions were full, I was told they would put me on a waiting list. However after I took the electronic interview, a CM told me I didn't pass. What's up with that? I thought I did pretty well on the electronic interview. I have perfect seniority and three years experience as a ride operator and I'm 20. No write ups or job terminations. Clean record and they said no to me. They told me I have to reapply in 6 months. If you find this fishy please feel free to post. If there are any CM's on this thread please feel free to give some advice to help me get this job.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Hey recently I went to the Disneyland Resort to apply for attractions. I filled out the application correctly and took the electronic interview as best as I could. Even though CM's told me that attractions positions were full, I was told they would put me on a waiting list. However after I took the electronic interview, a CM told me I didn't pass. What's up with that? I thought I did pretty well on the electronic interview. I have perfect seniority and three years experience as a ride operator and I'm 20. No write ups or job terminations. Clean record and they said no to me. They told me I have to reapply in 6 months. If you find this fishy please feel free to post. If there are any CM's on this thread please feel free to give some advice to help me get this job.
    Might try the Break Room for additional advice.

    That said, one thing to remember is that what they are testing for is personality and attitude, not experience or even judgment.

    And one thing such tests try and measure is attempting to 'fix' the results, including over-idealizing oneself to make yourself look to good or perhaps reflecting an overly rigid personality when it comes to dealing with others. They're trying to hire coworkers and flexible people too, not necessarily just perfect ride operators.

    Of course, none of that may have anything to do with you, but you should consider your answers in light of it.

  3. #3

    • cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Posts
    953

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Hm, I don't know, I always think those electronic interviews are common sense questions.

    You didn't say "no" to the Do you like people? question, right?

    Reapply in six months.

    "I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball


  4. #4

    • Missing an Angel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    618

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    I think there are a few "key" questions on the electronic interview. The rest seemed to be cross referencing near the end to what you answered in the beginning. Sorry to hear you weren't hired. Try again in 6 months.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    395

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Yea those electronic interviews are stupid, once I start one of those I only look at the answers they want to see...I mean I'm that way naturally, but I want to pass the tests and it doesn't hurt. Its not like I'm lying, but maybe making myself look better; but thats the key to interviews right?

  6. #6

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Yeah, thanks for the tips and support. On the electronic interview I answered most of the questions with the most positive response. I will reapply in six months.

    Here's a few of the questions:
    Should guests be treated equally?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Strongly Agree

    Should guests be treated differently?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Disagree

    Do you feel uncomfortable when a co worker isn't doing their duties?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Neutral
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  7. #7

    • Missing an Angel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    618

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    ^^ I forgot exactly what I answered on all the questions. But one stood out to me. Like I said earlier, there are a few "key" questions in that part of the interview. To me they actually stood out and I was thinking to myself, "they are looking for the "right" answer here. I forgot exactly how it was worded but here's basically what the question was asking...

    How do you feel people about others?

    They like to help everyone.
    They are selfish.
    They care about everyone.
    etc...

    I answered they are selfish. I mean, if you really think about it, everyone is selfish to a certain degree.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Yeah, thanks for the tips and support. On the electronic interview I answered most of the questions with the most positive response. I will reapply in six months.

    Here's a few of the questions:
    Should guests be treated equally?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Strongly Agree

    Should guests be treated differently?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Disagree

    Do you feel uncomfortable when a co worker isn't doing their duties?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Neutral
    It's true that those are unqualified questions while the real world has qualified situations but they are looking at overall attitudes, not specific responses (except in extreme situations).

    But, for example, you may have to treat disabled guests with extra types of attention, patience, etc.

    And everyone has a job to do and it impacts the whole operation when someone isn't doing theirs. Reporting Neutral feelings is a rather tepid response that they might interpret as low standards and accountability.

    But what's done is done. Between now and when (and if) you reapply, think about the kinds of things that they asked and what your thoughts and feelings are and what the consequences might be in the real-world. That does not mean second-guessing the question and trying to answer the way you think they want; think about how the attitudes would reflect in your work.

    And don't assume that you will get exactly the same questions or in the same order. There are probably a range of things that can be included in a particular administration and the test might even be adaptive in that some themes are pursued in more detail based upon previous responses or partial results.

  9. #9

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    My cousin applied and she go the no because of the electronic test. The thing is is that the test is the questions, from what I heard, can be interpreted differently, and that makes difficult. For example:

    "Do you mind standing?"

    I would say, I agree; I can stand, I don't sit a lot.. But that question could also mean standing in one place which is not good, as Disney may want you to move around. Its hard, I would rather take to test with one of their real people, that would show how the person really is, and the questions could be interpreted accurately. Disney could miss out on a lot of great, bright people, all because of a computer.

  10. #10

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    It's true that those are unqualified questions while the real world has qualified situations but they are looking at overall attitudes, not specific responses (except in extreme situations).

    But, for example, you may have to treat disabled guests with extra types of attention, patience, etc.

    And everyone has a job to do and it impacts the whole operation when someone isn't doing theirs. Reporting Neutral feelings is a rather tepid response that they might interpret as low standards and accountability.

    But what's done is done. Between now and when (and if) you reapply, think about the kinds of things that they asked and what your thoughts and feelings are and what the consequences might be in the real-world. That does not mean second-guessing the question and trying to answer the way you think they want; think about how the attitudes would reflect in your work.

    And don't assume that you will get exactly the same questions or in the same order. There are probably a range of things that can be included in a particular administration and the test might even be adaptive in that some themes are pursued in more detail based upon previous responses or partial results.
    However what if they meant by in general. Like the average guest. No disabled guest just an ordinary man. Thats what I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    My cousin applied and she go the no because of the electronic test. The thing is is that the test is the questions, from what I heard, can be interpreted differently, and that makes difficult. For example:

    "Do you mind standing?"

    I would say, I agree; I can stand, I don't sit a lot.. But that question could also mean standing in one place which is not good, as Disney may want you to move around. Its hard, I would rather take to test with one of their real people, that would show how the person really is, and the questions could be interpreted accurately. Disney could miss out on a lot of great, bright people, all because of a computer.
    Yeah that's probably what happened with me. Take out the computers and just give a normal interview based on experience. Experience is how I got a job as a ride op. Disney should do the same. I dropped carnival employment to be a cast member.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  11. #11

    • The line's too long...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Big Sandpit
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    This is precisely the problem when a technological "solution" is substituted for a nuanced judgment that only a flesh and blood human can determine. For solace you can read Neil Postman's Technolopy which foresaw this problem before the Internet became a household word.

  12. #12

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    isn't this electronic test that would not accept bad apples to the company?

  13. #13

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    In all honesty, I think the electronic interview is a good idea for a few reasons. Just keep in mind, honesty is the best answer. There are about 8 or so questions on there which are asked again in a different way. Not to mention there are the DMV questions so they're looking for a specific answer.

    Then again, who knows how the electronic interview works. I remember being the last person to leave the room, and thinking that my honesty was going to be the end of me. I know I wasn't answering how Disney would want me to, but how I wanted to. It got me in... so I stand by and say: honesty is the best policy.

  14. #14

    • cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Posts
    953

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    I don't like the electronic interview. I always feel pressured to answer correctly and I wish I could just be myself in front of a person. I am a good employee, but a computer doesn't know that... even though I guess it did because I passed.

    "I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball


  15. #15

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,369

    Re: Becoming a Cast Member

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Do you feel uncomfortable when a co worker isn't doing their duties?
    Strongly Disagree Disagree Neutral Agree Strongly Agree
    I selected Neutral

    I think "agree" or "strongly agree" would have been the best response for that question no matter if it's electronic or in person.

    If someone isn't doing their job, in an area such as "attractions", someone could be badly injured or hurt. A 'neutral' stance would mean that you might not do anything about it where as being uncomfortable would mean that the issue would potentially be taken care of much quicker.

    Remember the Four Keys (in that order):
    -Saftey
    -Courtesy
    -Show
    -Efficiency


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Cast Member Fun?
    By waltenthusiast in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
  2. A very sad Cast Member
    By mickeymark34 in forum Break Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
  3. [Question] Midway Mania cast member previews for non-DL cast members////
    By Rex in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
  4. what's it like to be a cast member
    By airick75 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
  5. What a Cast Member Should Never Do
    By roxystar68 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •