• Following the Second Star

What happens when you make a cast member compliment?

I've made a compliment about cast members on two seperate occasions. And I was wondering, what exactly happens with those. When I sent an email about a character, I recieved an email back that said "We have forwarded a copy of your letter to our Entertainment Department so that all concerned may be aware of your compliments."

So what does that really mean? Is it just something they say, or do they actually do somethin about it?

Thanks in advance, I've been wondering about this for awhile now

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: What happens when you make a cast member compliment?

Nothing, I sent one to a Lead at Small World on January 3rd. She still has yet to get it... I found it better to write a note, and ask another lead to place it in her box. Though that wouldn't work if they're not a lead... So I don't even know.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I'm sure it takes a lot more time for them to know/receive it than a complaint.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Geez that's horrible. They really need to step up the process and make compliments more important.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

In my experience, I am sad to say...nothing! My friend and I took one of the best tours at Disneyland. The Cast Member was extremely knowledgeable of all things Disney. And, was a terrific host to our entire group. We both wrote a letter and the person never received anything. We ended up seeing the Cast Member at the park on another day and just got to talking about Disney trivia. They gave us their email address just so we can ask more questions. After a few months, I asked if they ever heard anything about our letter and they said no. I ended up emailing it to the person just so they could have it and share with the others who were helping that day.

• :)

It takes month's for a CM to receive the compliment you give them.

if you are giving a compliment to a lead, honestly writing them a note and handing it to any CM on the ride would be the quickest way to give them a compliment, or even just verbally announcing it to that person...When you're working in the park and you can tell that someone honestly appreciates your work and lets you know that makes your day a lot better.

The first compliment the cm receives while working at Disneyland is put into a very nice folder (similar to that of a diploma) and given to the CM by a member of their management team.

after that their placed in cardboard frames and given to the CM by one of their managers..

that's pretty much it, sadly to say the managers in the park could care less if you recieve a compliment. I always thought they look highly upon those, but they dont...they just sign the compliment and hand it to you, I don't even think they read it...as long as you don't get a concern, they're happy.

• Minion

In my department (entertainment), if one of us receives a compliment (its rare for parades)our management will usually let it known in a one of our general announcement meetings. Our compliments don't go unrecognized in entertainment. I believe that we have some of the best managers in the park, because they actually care about us and they don't want to loose us.
    Jeff Wayne

That is, if it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I had a compliment that City Hall called my Lead at the time to let me know about, and never heard anything else about it. So it isn't in my file or anything like that...sad, because compliments are so tough to come by. If you want to compliment a CM, I suggest asking for the lead and verbally expressing your compliment as well as going to City Hall. I know that if someone did that for one of my CM's, I would do what I could to reward them for their positive guest interactions.

Not to mention the fact that it would be a refreshing encounter for us Leads...we don't often get called down to deal with guest compliments.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Progressive Disneylander

I just don't get why it takes so long for a compliment to get to a CM. I understand why complaints would the priority -- and they should be, but I can't understand why it's such a long process for compliments. Is there just a pile that goes unattended for a while and then during a slow time, they finally get around to dealing them out?

Morale is such a big factor to a job. Everyone knows that Disney doesn't pay a lot and there is a lot of turnover, but I believe that people will endure a lower paying job if they are happy. Compliments certainly help morale and it's a shame they take so long to get to the CMs.

• DLR Cast Member

I don't know about the other departments, but I know I myself have received guest compliments. When it happens, there is a note in your attendance file (if you look at your points, the compliments are listed there!), and then I got this nice card with a Walt and Mickey pin. It was a square pin, and it was sepia toned (like the old photographs-brown and white). My manager brought it in to where I was working, made everyone stop what they were doing, and made a big production out of it. It was kinda cool that they did that. Since the first one, I have had 3 more, and all of them were compliments that were turned in to City Hall.