POTC Soundtrack question

I recently heard the narration of the POTC soundtrack. Its pretty interesting and explains a lot more. Is there a reason why we don't hear it while we're on the ride?

Ex: Like in the caverns there's a major explanation of ghosts ships, etc. But when I'm sitting in the boat all I hear is the wind and see lightning. It would be nice to have this in the background.

Re: POTC Soundtrack question

Interesting. I hadn't known that the soundtrack went any deeper than it does on the ride. At least what you are able to hear. So, where did you hear this narration? Is it for the updated version of the ride or is it older. I'm interested in hearing it if possible.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

I think it was at one point, than it was reduced down to just the spiel that the Skull makes before the first drop.

Someone correct me if im way off please!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• =)

Are you talking about the old unused narration tracks heard as "Ghostly Voices" on the official attraction soundtrack? I'm not sure why they never implemented these, but I'm kinda glad they didn't--they're not necessary for guests to "get it."

It'd be too confusing. You can't hear much in that area anyways. Voices would be lost.

• =)

Agreed.

• Certified in everything

If you are talking about the narration on the 50th CD's, then the voices in the cave section are different because the narration is from before the Jack Sparrow redo. Those voices were there, but were replaced by Davy Jones in the new version.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

That's not what they're talking about. This is a never used track.

Well I can't post clips by mousechat rules but its from the Pirates LP if you have it...
    So when you crash down, you hear seagulls, etc. and the voice starts to narrate all the way through the ride. I know the narration is old, but I would like to hear it during the cave part and captains treasure area. That's what I'm talking about.

IE: A voice starts to narrate just the opening part. It tells of the ghost ship in the area with the lone pirate and the captains treasure area, etc.

And I don't think it would detract if it was on softly. I'm not sure how the sound would carry but it would be nice. So much of pirates is just staring at scenes making your own assumptions about what's happening. It would be nice to have a pirate voice in some parts without hear Jack Sparrow this or Jack Sparrow that...

• =)

So much of pirates is just staring at scenes making your own assumptions about what's happening.
    That's exactly the beauty of "experience rides"! We don't have to be force-fed a story; it can be fun to just imbibe a flow of scenes that relate to one another in some well-thought-out way and then figure out a storyline that works for us. HBG2 has done a really great job of describing this before--one of the observations I believe he made was that learning the "real" story of an experience attraction is lots of fun...for a few minutes. But after that, a sort of heavy finality can weigh you down. Nothing more to speculate about, to think about. It's all handed to you on a nice platter, and that dreamlike feel of the attraction gets lost. IMHO, of course.

It would be nice to have a pirate voice in some parts without hear Jack Sparrow this or Jack Sparrow that...
    Now, THAT I can agree with.