• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Arrow Somewhat of a Rant, Candy kids.

I will be doing a trip report later on today on my adventures to Disneyland! But I wanted to rant a bit.

On Saturday Jun 14th, me and my husband noticed a slew of “candied” our raving kids, I am assuming they were from the Anaheim convention center for a Anime Convention (I love anime) but what bothered me the most was the way they were dressed. Don’t get me wrong anyone has the right to dress the way they want, I love bats day. Etc. But, these kids were wearing 40lbs of plastic bands, pacifiers, glow sticks, and other things that make cool colors.

I am a old Club DJ and I’ve seen this style of dress way to many times, and of course what comes with it. These kids were taking hits of Ecstasy and I noticed this when I sat on the tram with a group of them on the way out of Disneyland (12am closing) and they were sweating profusely and had dilated pupils.

I mean does Disneyland give that great of a trip that raves to 7am are a thing of the past? Let’s get messed up and get on semi dangerous rides running with only one quarter of your brain power? Where are the parents because most of the kids I saw were under the age of 18 easy. Other thing that bothered me was that Disney allowed such people in the park, I know we cannot discriminate on how people dress, but this was a bit extreme.

Sorry for the rant but this bothered me.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Unhelpful User

Re: Somewhat of a Rant, Candy kids.

I bet taking Ecstasy at Disneyland is a lot of fun, actually.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I put these kids on Roger Rabbit.

They were a HUGE group. They seemed to be functioning properly when I greeted them and they came in, but when I grouped them, they couldn't tell me how many they had. I know they had a lot of people, but they couldn't give me any number, so I just told them to go in groups of two and they were having issues.

I'm surprised they were let in with all the beads and stuff, the way they were dressed was fine, but if tripods aren't allowed, either should be full arms of beaded bracelets.

EDIT: I didn't think they were doing any drugs, they were just disoriented. I just wanted to note. I mean if they've been doing E for a few years they are always going to be disoriented, honestly. Obviously if I thought they were very intoxicated I would have called them in.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It must have been Rave Day at DL. They had rave day mid June last year, also.

I'll have to remember to bring ecstasy with me next time!! Way better than cove bar I bet.
    Paid Disneyland Poster

hey i am a kandi kid and i was there for Raver Day Summer 2008.

We were mostly all sober except for a few that were outcast from the larger group. We decided this time around, that we were going to go sober as good ambassadors of the rave scene in Southern California.

Do not disapprove of us because of the way we dress. If you think about it kandi fits the Disney experience. It is about friendship and happiness without using the effects of exstacy.

We were being kids in a place that brings out the kid in all of us.
    Peace. Love. Unity. Respect. Responsibility.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I am not disapproving of it, i was more worried about someone getting hurt or dieing from exhaustion. The small group I saw probably was the outcast you were talking about.

50lbs of Beads can drag anyone down!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

^^^ PLURR! It's about time someone else put that one up. I am a raver from back in the day and I have to say that responsibility was a huge thing to my group. I have to agree that dressing up and heading into the park is so much fun... you really get to play in an all immersive experience.

@ OP: There was a meet for a rave group this past weekend, which would be why there were so many ravers in the park. Ecstasy or not, Disneyland has always been a place where trippers of all types like to go... talk about suspension of disbelief! Personally, I've never done any drugs and then headed in to The Park, unless you count Tylenol or Codine cough syrup for my atrocious allergies one year.

Just because they are dressed that way doesn't mean that they're doing drugs.... not everyone that is a Kandi Kid does drugs. Crazy, right? Not really. It's a stigma that comes with the outfits. Just like when I wear whatever black, counter-culture outfit to the park and get looks from parents that don't want their children to grow up to be me.

I respect your opinion... just don't discount all them for druggies because of the way they dress.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    50lbs of Beads can drag anyone down!
    I have to disagree... ever been to Mardi Gras? You can do at least 60 before you have to drop them off back at the room.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.