• Space Fanatic

TSMM Opening--Crowds?

I'm really excited for the opening of TSMM. Regardless of whether or not I go to the parks tomorrow, I'll be going next week and (hopefully) riding it. But it just dawned on me that I am out of school tomorrow at around 10am and I realized I could drive down for the opening. I know I would miss the opening ceremony, but I'm just eager to get down there! In your experience, what is an attraction's line like on its opening day? If it's in the 2+ hour range I don't think I'll make the trek, especially with gas prices.

Re: TSMM Opening--Crowds?

45 mins TOPS.

If you get there at opening, no wait. But that doesn't last long.

• Space Fanatic

I read that it's had lines up to 70 minutes already, and that was during soft opening. If I got there around 11:30, would the line have basically maxed out already (to however long the max wait time tomorrow will be, which would be 45 minutes by your prediction)?

70 mins? Hmm...I was there yesterday afternoon and they maxed out the regular queue. None of the extended queue was used.

Friday perhaps was 70 mins because it was the first day?

• Senior Minion

It was almost an hour on Saturday afternoon, but it didn't open that day until the late afternoon because it was only open for media before that. It may have gotten to 70 min at some point that night. I have no idea how it will be tomorrow. Pretty bad I would think, but it's a Tuesday, and I was surprised by how many people I saw pass up an opportunity to ride it during soft opening because the line was an hour and inspite of the CM telling them all what a great ride he thought it was. It kind of made me think that the marketing is really not very good, but maybe the official grand opening will garner more attention and let people in the general public know what the ride is like. Some seemed to know something about the attraction vaguely, but even many of them passed up the chance to ride. I think the worst crowds will be later in the summer once word of mouth gets out about the ride. I have good and bad things to say about it, but, I think it will become very popular, and it will be hard to find a line less then 70 min most of the summer. Like I said, once the word gets out, because I'm not sure the marketing out there is doing it. I guess I do have to cut them some slack because it's a little hard to describe and more fun then it sounds in their ads.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney