Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: 6/13-- An (sort of kind of but not really unlucky) Kuzcochik Trip Report

Wait a friggin minute are you saying we missed each other again??? We live less than 10 miles from each other, you went to the same high school as my boys and yet we can't seem to coordinate a trip where we are both there together? Thats it your grounded from Disneyland until I go again.

Now on with the rest of the report.

• Don't be such a guppy ;)

wow! i was there that day too!

friday the 13th was ironically a good day. it looks like you had so much fun! i should really take more pictures when i go. thanks for inspiring me!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    Wait a friggin minute are you saying we missed each other again??? We live less than 10 miles from each other, you went to the same high school as my boys and yet we can't seem to coordinate a trip where we are both there together? Thats it your grounded from Disneyland until I go again.

Now on with the rest of the report.
    LMAO! Anyway, I love the report. I have been noticing in recent trip reports that the variety and number of characters has been improving. Might be becuase of summer. Or maybe that whole charcter initative thing is finally moving. Also Kudos for Disney for allowing the princesses out of the fair.

• is too darn hot.

But did you ride ToT 13 times on the 13th? I've done that.

Great TR. Looks like you had fun.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAurora18 View Post
    I have heard that the princesses have begun to escape from the faire, thankfully.
    Halleujah!!! Can I get an "AMEN!"

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    But did you ride ToT 13 times on the 13th? I've done that.

Great TR. Looks like you had fun.
    i REMEMBER that trip report!!!

KC - EXCELLENT report so far!! i always love reading your trip reports.

kingdom hearts <3er

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Great Trip Report, KC! I too like the character photos- especially the Ariel photo! What a lucky guy Darkwing Chuck is!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quick notes:
    I was so psyced to see "escaped" princesses! I'm glad everyone else is too. Down w/ Fantasy Faire! Up with spontinaity

Armadillo: What can I say, we're hard-core like that

Butterflylark: It's just funny cause I saw you guys across from us and I was like "they look oddly familiar" Oh well, we know for next time ^_^

Lisa: That is too crazy! Like I don't know how we keep managing to pull that off!!! I don't plan on going to the resort again until late July so no near-misses for a bit :P

Bass-Bone: I remembered and thought about that TR at least a few times while we were there actually. And sadly we did not accomplish that goal

Wow, took me long enough to get back to this.
    Life's been kind of weird this week

But enough about that.

We left off w/ my horrid dancing and bead eating:

After Pooh we rode Mansion and then headed over to TSi for Reason #4: The final day of my favorite pirate.
    That's right, we had heard that the 13th was Tom Lumley's last day as a pirate so we had to make a trip to the island to say a proper goodbye

Ye be warned there be lots of pirate pictures ahead... Arrr!!:

Mad Dog

Yuri

Tom looking at me like wah?!

Drinking Vodka!

Tom's strange little dance

More about vodka

Howl!!!

More dancing

A video of a special added verse to the Vodka drinking song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yrA2wTHWuBk

Yuri told Tom he'd make a good Russian... except he wouldn't be any good at it

Looking disturbed by something

I will cut you w/ my mad Russian Skills

The band

The joys and close-up-ed-ness of a 15X zoom

For its cheer up me lads

Let your hearts never fail

And a final note to end it all on

All and all one of the saddest scenes I've witnessed at Disneyland!
    As has been said in a TR before mine, TSI sadly lost one of it's best pirates on Friday the 13th. Tom Lumley you will be missed.

Anyway, after that terribly sad note we made our way into Adventureland and caught the end of a random Indy act

He looked fairly homeless

Some guy yelled out "Hey Indy" reall loudly at him to which he replied "I don't go around yelling at you!"

I was still in need of cheering up so Darkwing Chuck (being the great friend he is) exclaimed "We need to get you on Mania quick!"
    So off we treked to the back of the pier... where DC decided to eat his glasses

In a crazy whirl of Midway Mania!

And then he beat me... cause he's a jerk

Showin off my mad skills

Some potato head. He makes me giggle

I still wasn't too happy so since I was not "far too young for Vodka" or other alcoholic beverages I got me a beer

"It's tough to be a buuuuuuuuuuugggggggg!"
    "Tough? It's a piece of cake!"

Afterwards it was time to regain my Disney gaming street cred and play some Buzz Lightyear (not my best score but I still won

And then some random Fantasyland shots
    Small World Clock looking bored and quite and lying to us and telling us the incorrect time *shakes fist* Lousy lying IASW clock!

I was trying to get a shot of the skull scale thing

And then my flash made the dragon spell holder thing look cool so I took a pic of that

the Swiss Alps through fantasyland

And a correct clock

Okkay, that's it for now!
    I'm tired and it's way later than it should be and you'll get my fireworks and Fantasmic pics sometime tomorrow

• is too darn hot.

He is a very good pirate. I wonder why they let them keep their facial hair.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Wishing

The last verse of Vodka! YAY! If I wasn't at work I would totally be watching that now... but sadly I'm supposed to be doing other things and audio on my computer gives me away
    Most often found at a theme park

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Okkay so this next part leads to reason number 5 for our visit: Non-off season hours mean we get to see the fireworks and Fantasmic

This was way excited b/c I haven't seen the full fireworks show since October (it's been longer since I've seen it from the hub) and I haven't watched Fantasmic in almost 2 yrs!
    Also I hadn't gotten to experiment w/ my fancy X-mas present camera with either show yet

After sitting on the ground and nearly crashing of exhaustion (at this point we had been in the park for over 12 hrs and I had still only had about a 1/2 hr of sleep) it was time (as you say) to put on ze show

Be warned... much like pirate pics there are a lot of Remember pics ahead

We start w/ a salute to Main Street USA

Mine goodness

Then the gods were angered by all our celebrating

Da da da da, da da da, da da da da, da da da da DA!!! (*read: Indy theme :P)

We foolish mortals were welcomed to the haunted mansion by the amazing booming voice of Paul Frees

Suddenly the haunted room was actually stretching!

Or it might have been my imagination (hmmmm...)

Then it was off to Critter Country/Toon Town/ Fantasyland (the last two always make sense, but why do they lump in CC too? not complaining just wondering)
    Holy smokes Roger we've been DIPPED!!!

Then the big guns came out

E'splode

We're almost done folks

I like how the smoke made the fireworks look "rusty"

And then Disneyland exploded!!!!!

After the fireworks it was a mad rush to Fantasmic!
    Apparently a lot of people had the same idea as us so we hurried up to the bridge over pirates and luckily got a spot by the railing.
    It was actually a nice place except for like one tree and the people that were on top of us.

At 10:30 the show started. The narrator began the spiel we Disneyland nuts know all to well and then light columns started rising
    But something was amiss! There was no music. So Darkwing Chuck and I being the annoying people we are started singing along were it should have been ("Dream a Fantastic Dream" *Boom* etc) Between laughter we realized everyone was staring at us.
    They basically started the show over and we were just glad they didn't cancel

So it began again and this time it all started with a mouse

Did I mention I love my camera?

The creepy children of the flower

King Louie was going crazy!

The monkey into Pink Elephant part is one of my favorites

So high energy

He has some string they hold him down until the lights change all around

Peter totally schooled the pirates

Do you like codfish? You do?!

this was the first time I'd seen the Princess barges with their new light and wow!! They really are fantastic

Tale as old as time

Lots of Ariel shots... cause you know I want to be her and all :P

Poor Eric w/ his mullet

And finally after years and years and years of watching Fantasmic I got the shot I've always wanted to get!!! I love when the prince picks Snow White up during "Someday my Prince will come" and I finally caught it

I'll show you the fairest of them all... by making myself as ugly as possible!

See, I'm evil, bwha ha ha ha

Now you shall deal w/ me mouse boy and all the powers of hel.... my imagination

ROAR!!!! *is evil and not just a dragon head on a stick*

Ribbon dancing, Disney Princess style

The closest I got to the Alice characters that trip (i'm starting to think they're avoiding me :P)

The glory of the twain!

More crazy pinwheels cause they make everything cooler

Fire & fireworks that symbolizes defeating... evil?

Mikey goes "Woosh!!"

And then he too exploded

After Fantasmic we ran out of the park and luckily beat the majorit yof the crowd
    We headed to the hotel and crashed!!

Okkay so there's only a bit more left. I didn't mean to draw this out so long. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon to finish up

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great TR! You guys looked like you were having so much fun. It makes me want to go back to the parks tonight!!!

• Off to Neverland

haha, looks like a fun day!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Super pictures of Fantasmic. Mine never come out so I'll just steal yours

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Fantastic!! I love your pictures!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast