Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

halloween or christmas?

ok... i need everyone's advice. the hubby and i are deciding when to take our trip. he wants halloween and i want christmas... we can't do both (as much as we'd love to.. lol)

is one holiday better to see DL in over the other? we've seen christmas once (one day trip, jan. 3 2007). we'd love to see the specialized events for either season..

so is one better than the other?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: halloween or christmas?

^ Personally, I like Halloween better. The weather is so nice in the fall, the decorations are very pretty , and the crowds are somewhat lighter depending on which weekend you go in October. I think prices on airfares and hotels are cheaper in October too.

• =)

I prefer neither. (As far as the park decorations go, I mean. I like both in real life!) But of the two, I'd take Christmas.

• Ohhh baboo :(

10 miles from the DLR. AP Holder for 9 years.

I think there's nothing more magical that the park during Christmastime, but as Fall comes around it looks REALLY beautiful as well. I love the Harvest decorations and the running theme of fall leaves, pumpkins, etc. Hard to choose, but I guess I would pick Christmas as being my favorite.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

I enjoy both of the decorations, but I also think Christmas is better. I'm listening to the Christmas music from Main Street today, it's just such a beautiful place for Christmas. Plus Small World actually plays more than one song and the lights on the outside are really incredible.

• Hooterville, USA

Christmas, and it's the best time of the year to come to DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Christmas gets my vote.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Christmas is better because there are more different things going around the park than Halloween.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

ooooo tough call. Halloween time is great because the parks aren't too crowded. And Mickey's Halloween Treat night's are a blast. Christmas however...is over the top. Disneyland really goes all out at Christmas.

I'd toss a coin.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Sock Puppet

i am thinking of going to DL/DCA for my birthday which is the first weekend in december and i was wondering if the christmas decorations will be up and is it's a small world supposed to be back. Any else disney is planning this season regarding the castle like last year.

• Brand new CM!

My vote goes for Christmas as well. I just love all the trees and LOVE NOS all light up with Christmas lights
    I Donald Duck!

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    i am thinking of going to DL/DCA for my birthday which is the first weekend in december and i was wondering if the christmas decorations will be up and is it's a small world supposed to be back. Any else disney is planning this season regarding the castle like last year.
    Decorations are usually up right after Veterans Day so you should be good.

• Higitus Figitus

i went to Christmas/New Years a few years back. while we were there, it was WAY too crowded and New Years was filled with the obnoxious drunks coming late to see the fireworks, but perhaps i was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    i have never been there for Halloween but i would guess itd be less crowded since all the kids are in school, also haunted mansion holiday will be set up- so you'll get a little of both celebrations no matter when you go
    “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
    Christmas decorations start going up in mid November. By the first week in December all the Christmas decorations should be in place. As for Small World... tentatively opening is set for the end of November. However, there is the rumor that rather than open with the Christmas overlay for a few weeks only to close it down again to remove the overlay, that it won't actually open until January. We'll have to wait and see on that one. I would guess too that they will once again light up the castle, and hopefully do some upgrading to those decorations this year.

I love the park both times. I love the Halloween decorations and the wonderful fall colors. In October the weather is wonderful, mid week crowds are usually pretty mild, but weekend will still be busy and crowded because of the Mickey's Trick or Treat or whatever they are calling it this year.

The weather in December is usually pretty mild, but it is going into the rainy season at that time. Mid week early in the month the crowds are light, weekends a bit more heavy but the closer you get to Christmas the more people will be there... every day. The Christmas decorations are beautiful. And they tree... amazing! Which ever one you pick, you won't be disappointed!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by ministrychick77 View Post
    ok... i need everyone's advice. the hubby and i are deciding when to take our trip. he wants halloween and i want christmas... we can't do both (as much as we'd love to.. lol)

is one holiday better to see DL in over the other? we've seen christmas once (one day trip, jan. 3 2007). we'd love to see the specialized events for either season..

so is one better than the other?
    I like both as you can tell by my sig. If I had to choose, only 1 I think I would pick Christmas. I like to get 1 really good family shot and use that for my Christmas cards.
    Janette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast