Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Reading Trip Reports - "I Think I'm Jealous"

I think that I am jealous. I like reading trip reports. I really do. I read a lot of them. As the MiceChat community gets larger, and larger, there are more and more trip reports. Some MiceChatters are even clever enough to post them, while they are still on their trips.

People enjoying a Disney Trip are returning home, and sorting through their photos, and they are telling us all about their trips. Everyone does it differently. They are all unique to the MiceChatter that has decided to post one.

So why is it, that as I sit here in Chicago, I feel left out? I don't live close enough to go very often. I am happy if I can make a yearly trip. So reading about the newest stuff is really a plus. MiceChatters are great for posting the new stuff. Sometimes we get to see things before it has even officially open.

There are many MiceChatters that I have never met, and yet, I know what they look like because they pop up a lot in trip reports. If someone has included a MiceChat Sunday Meet in their trip report, you are sure to see many MiceChatters that you have perhaps shared a post with. MiceChatters are not shy about taking pictures of their "significant others" and their children. We get to read about their wishes and their dreams, and whether or not they were realized on their trips.

I don't even mind too much when Disneyland and Disney World are compared in a trip report. I have been both places, and I know what I like. People are entitled to their opinions, and MiceChat is a great place to share these opinions with us all.

I read about people's plans to meet up at Disneyland, and Disney World, and sometimes I even read about a plan gone awry, and how MiceChatters didn't find each other.

So here I sit in Chicago. I read trip reports. I admit, I am definitely jealous. I want to be there. I want to be "in" more trip reports. I want people to be reading about me having a good time, rather than sitting here in Chicago, enjoying. Yes, enjoying, all the wonderful, varied, chatty, marvelous trip reports that are posted here each day at MiceChat.

Re: Reading Trip Reports - "I Think I'm Jealous"

I understand how you feel, of course ... I live about an hour and a half east of Chicago, across the lake. I haven't been to Disneyland since '99/'00 (for the life of me, I can't remember which. I need to find my photos) and that was my first time.

I've been a member here for the past year and was lurking long before that. Reading TRs was always a lot of fun and really makes me feel connected to the park, but it's also been really frustrating at times when I desperately wanted to go but knew it just wasn't possible.

So now, this summer, I'm going to be able to go - everything fell together by chance. I'm insanely excited and one of the things I'm looking forward to is taking photos for my own trip report, and it really makes me appreciate others' more. It'll be fun to be a part of that, even if I can't come back again for another eight or nine years.

But I hope I will.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

This is a great post.

I live 4 hours south of Chicago in a town called Columbus, Indiana. I get to go to DL once a year. I have made it to three MC meets and I can now call many of the "regular MC'ers" my friends.

Even though I see them only once a year, they make me feel like family everytime I'm there. That is what makes MiceChat so awesome.

However, until next summer, I must now live vicariously through others trip reports. I just posted two of my trip. I already miss DL and my friends and I got back less than a week and a half ago.

I do love the increasing TR. I do miss some that don't post much anymore. But I do understand your feelings...really I do.

• World Traveler

Why don't you do a TR about Chicago or someplace close by? I'd love to see more of the windy city and that area. Not every trip has to be about Disney!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I agree, I love hearing about other areas of the world.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Why don't you do a TR about Chicago or someplace close by? I'd love to see more of the windy city and that area. Not every trip has to be about Disney!
    I was going to post the same thing. I'd rather hear about Chicago most of the time!

• Circle of Ancients

I also agree, Just because this is a "Disney" website, doesn't mean that all of the TR's need to be Disney related. I'd LOVE to see TR's from other places.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess that I should have specified that I want "my picture" to be showing up in other people's trip reports about Disneyland, and or Disney World. I want to be able to visit more often. I realize that living 1/2 way across the country from either place, prevents that from happening.

I carry my camera to places in and around Chicago, and I have indeed posted reports on Navy Pier, Downtown Chicago, Wrigley Field, and Sox Park.

However, this has been an admission of the jealousy that I do indeed feel for those MiceChatters who get to visit Disneyland, and the other Disney parks a lot more often than I get to.

• =)

I know what you mean. =/ While I certainly live a lot closer to Disneyland, I don't have an annual pass and I've never had a chance to attend a meet. It'd really be fun to get to meet all y'all. I've met...five other Micechatters, I believe, in all. I was in a class with two of them, and the other three I met in the park, one coincidentally and the other two because we planned it that way. And I really have treasured getting to know all of them to varying degrees--but I do hope I can someday be one of those guys in the Sunday TRs, too.

Blog Entries

I can solve the problem.... You need to move to Disneyland or WDW .. I hope this helps ..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband is about five years away from retirement. I have told him that we should go south, or go west. I'll get a job at the park, and he can drive me to work. He has worked our entire married life, and I haven't.

Of course that won't happen. Only in my dreams. My husband is perfectly happy and so am I. We have lived here in Chicago our entire life. It's a great place to live. Disneyland and Disney World are great places to vacation.

• "I Break Things"

I can't help but feel guilty after reading this. I know since we bought our passes I have posted a lot of TR's.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I didn't speak my mind to make anyone feel guilty. I spoke my mind because I know that as a MiceChatter I can.

I love seeing other people having fun at Disneyland.

I love the different ways that MiceChatters write their reports, and I encourage anyone that is anticipating writing a report to do so. They should have fun at the parks, and they should have fun writing their reports.

How do we all know that Fishbulb is the MiceChatter that gives the best hugs? Because we read about it in a trip report. How do we know so many other things that we would never know? Because MiceChatters tell us these things. We believe them, because we can see for ourselves through their reports that they are having a good time.

We all want to have a good time. I just want to have, my good times, more often.

• The one, the only...

I live closer to Disneyland, but a long way from WDW. I love both, so I also enjoy hearing about how people had a great time on their trip. I can only make it to Disneyland about once a month. I know that is more than you can, Barbaraann, but the wait between always seems long.

Everyone sees the parks through their own eyes. Everyone has their own perspective. It is fun!!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I hear you!!

I love reading all the trip report b/c it helps me make it between trips. I'm in NorCal, so the weekly trips to DLR make me SO jealous.

I too, read the Sunday meet reports with a heavy sigh. I wanna go too!!!!! On my last trip, I was at DLR on a Sunday and about noon, I tried to get my group to walk past the hub--just to sneak a peek at Ashee, DisneyIPresume, or Fishbulb?

But alas. One day.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast