Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Pratt's version of Father's Day 2008

For Mother's Day we went to Disneyland so it only makes sense that for Father's Day we would go again but this time our kids said that they would pay for the hotel and gas as their Parental Unit's gift . We set off for Anaheim Saturday. We stopped at Quartzite for potty break and gas fill up where we found the cheapest gas in two states.

We made our usual pilgramage to Hadley's to pick up licorice for the meet and some Mead wine for son1. Then on to our hotel, the Hilton this time, thanks Priceline. This was the official hotel for the Danskin mini-triathlon being held at the Disney parks Sunday morning. It was surreal seeing so many people with numbers on their arms pushing bikes through the Hilton. I asked for (and GOT) a room with a Disney view! This is our view from the 11th floor:

Zoomed in to show detail

We had decided to go check out the grand opening of Garden Walk and to get some dinner. There were only 3 or 4 stores open at Garden Walk with about 85% of the stores saying they would open in July. I am not sure why they held a grand opening when almost everything is still closed. Also IMO whoever selected the color scheme of the walls needs serious professional help. About the only good thing I could say about the opening was that we went into the one women's shop that was open and Timmy bought me a cute outfit.

We saw these women bored to death waiting for some stores to open.

We had dinner at Bubba Gump's and it was delicious, sorry no pictures available . We finished up the night relaxing in our room watching the fireworks from some very comfy chairs in our room. It was so nice to sit in air conditioning, in the dark, with no crowds, holding hands with the man I love and watching fireworks over Disneyland.

Father's Day we awoke early because we like to be at the park for opening.

Me

Timmy

First thing was to go get my usual FP's for Space Mountain that usually end up being given away and then on to the subs. We rode Buzz, picked up some more FP's for Space. Saw Penguinsoda for a second on Main Street and got the first of many hugs for the day. Timmy and I then headed over to DCA at 9:30 so we could be at one of the rope drops to see if we could ride TSMM. Picked up a few FP for Soarin after heading in and bought a muffin to eat while waiting for the rope drop by Grizzy Rapids. Just at 10:00 look who found us.

The Clinkerbelle's

Mr. Potato Head had not had his morning coffee yet.

While in line who do we spot Aashee!!!!

The queue does keep moving but we had a chance to snap a few pictures.

What a lovely family but I have to admit the kids stole my heart, they are great.

Do not mess with the clinkerladies they may be beautiful but they're also tough.

I loved the ride. I was concerned that I would not get as much from it as everyone else since I can't see 3D and I usually do not do well on video games. But it was great and I could not wait to get back on it. Everyone agreed it was great so we turned around and rode it again.

The 1st time I rode with Timmy, he beat me. I thought I had a better chance of winning if I rode with a kid, so clinkerboy and I rode together. I was beaten again, in accuracy and scoring both. After that thrashing the kid needed to be brought down a notch, so after finding out he had never been on Maliboomer I bribed him with licorice to ride it with me!!

The clinkerladies on Maliboomer. I was with the clinkerboys on the other side of the ride.

It was time to head back to Disneyland for the meet.

I saw my partner in crime Villain's Fan.

sirclinks gave a top of the day salute to SummerinFl and Disney1978, while his daugther checks out the ground.

Yeah, SummerinFl and I meet in person.

Here comes Dustysage

Villain's Fan, Disney1978, Summer and yours truly.

Meet pictures

Fishbulb, PirateMunkee, PenguinSoda and Disney1978

Villains Fan, Grumpy4, and Belle

My booty, Grumpy4, Belle, SummerinFL and cyre another great Florida gal.

back of Simply Sabrina, yep me again, Evil Step-mom who was a wonderful and funny newbie and Disney1978.

SummerinFl and Al Lutz

I love this picture!! Villain's Fan, Al with his licorice and yet again me.

Legally Brunette showed up looking sunny, smart and sexy.

Whitewater snacks was decided upon for lunch and so I helped reserve and hold tables while Timmy ordered the food.

While eating someone got their heart on

Who was it? The fun and friendly Simply Sabrina and her taupe man Just John. They are so friggin adorable and full of TMI.

After lunch it was time to ride TSMM again. This time it was very hot and toasty in the queue. I seriously thought about removing my leggings with Belle and Grumpy4's assistance until I realized I could still be seen behind my shades.

Look its a celebrity kid, hopefully never to be seen on TMZ

We all partnered up and I got to ride with Summer

Evil Step-Mom rode with our newbie from Australia

This time Summer beat me and so I have determined that although I think I do pretty well at the game, whoever is riding with me will do better. But I repeat the question that Dustysage asked 'how friggin hard is it to beat a one-eyed woman?'

Clinkerboy wanted to do Maliboomer again so off we went. This time I was with Simply Sabrina and Cyre.

We rode ToT, and you'll have to check out sirclinks report for the picture.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...and-98427.html

My honeybunnies had to call it a day but love knows no distance so we hugged and cried until next time we are together.

After going into the animation building to cool off and then riding Monsters we decided to watch the Pixar Parade. Being the Pratt-brat that Belle accuses me of, Villain's Fan and I decided a quick jaunt on Soarin would help watching the parade and of course we were right. We joined back up with the group right before the parade started.

Once more I refer to sirclinks report for parade photos other than I loved Mr. Potato Head because he decided that clinksboy needed a good hose down. He soaked him, neener-neener.

We headed back to Disneyland after the parade to make sure Summer got to ride jungle cruise. Before the ride though we met up with more MC'ers which brought the spirit out of Simply Sabrina.

I hope Summer enjoyed the back of the Jungle Cruise as much as I did

Lot's of MC'ers on board.

We rode BTMRR and I experienced the ScarLion treatment. I'll never ride this again without thinking about this experience.

I Finally got to ride Space Mountain after over a year. I rode with clinkerlady2 while the clinkerboys got in front of us so we decided to give them the scream treatment.

We then rode the Matterhorn in a new way thanks to Grumpy4 and again I will never ride the same again, it was freaky-deaky!

Everyone pretty much broke up after this except for Villain's Fan and us so we headed over to the Subs. It brought back fond memories for VF of her recent Disney cruise except when I reminded her of her barracuda encounter.

It was now time to call it a day, we had been at the park for 14 hours and I was exhausted.

A few pictures from Monday morning.

They were doing the media event for TSMM and House of Tomorrow which was supposed to open today, but we were told by CM that it will not be ready until July. We rode Peter Pan, Snow White and Pinochio and then won dream FP's.

While relaxing a little bit we saw this odd site:

People on top of Star Traders

We were hoping to ride a few rides with Summer before we left but she was on the Walt's Tour and when we had not heard from her by 1:20 we knew it was time to head back home.

We both really enjoyed seeing our old friends, meeting new friends and spending some more quality time with those of you in attendance. We missed those of you who were not able to be there especially Laura Hamand who was having her own special event but hopefully we will be together again soon.

So until then remember Micechat where all the men are smart, the women beautiful and the children are silly.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-17-2008 at 02:11 PM.

• =)

Re: Pratt's version of Father's Day 2008

Glad you had such a wonderful time! Looks like a lot of fun. I really envy those guys standing on the Star Trader roof, though...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Awesome trip report Lisa. You and the Timster could be 2 of the most fun people on MiceChat. Thanks for bringing the fun wherever you go.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I said it before, FABULOUS outfit!!!

• Again! Again! Again!

Yay!!! Great report! It was nice to hang out with you guys! Love all the pictures!!

And that's the only way to experience Big Thunder!! Same with Matterhorn.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Looks like a fun day.

If we hadn't had something else going on I would have pushed for Father's Day at Disneyland.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

SO much fun with you guys!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Nice meet pics. Thanks for sharing. I always like those "out-of-park" shots people get from their hotel rooms and stuff.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Loved the Report and hope to see you (both) soon!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• "I Break Things"

Sorry I showed up late... I didn't get a chance to formally meet everyone, but it was a fun meet. I look forward to the "next time"
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

To Tim - a belated Happy Father's Day. To Pratt - you get lovelier with each TR. Very nice job here - thanks for sharing it.

Hope to see you both again one day.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

It was so nice to sit in air conditioning, in the dark, with no crowds, holding hands with the man I love and watching fireworks over Disneyland.

But I repeat the question that Dustysage asked 'how friggin hard is it to beat a one-eyed woman?'

It was so great spending what pretty much equated to all day with you guys. You two are a riot and we had so much fun with you guys. Hope you make it back out soon.

• I'm not really here

Awesome report and great meet photos! I'm finally starting to be able to put some faces to all your names. Though I refuse to be held to that statement.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Great report Lisa. Say, did you yell out aashee's name or did he just smell your camera and pose?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Thanks for the fun trip report! Looks like you guys had a load of fun!
    Last edited by IzzyInWonderland; 06-17-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Yay its my 600th post!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast